[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Why issue #3 should stay.

Why issue #3 should stay.

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Why issue #3 should stay.

Postby Jenguran » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:41 pm

Issue #3 : Fix FA to be less annoying.

It hasn't been fixed FA is still annoying.

Champion is not a fix for FA because

1)Not everyone will get champion, FA is bazaarable.

2)There is a lvl gap between FA and Champion in which FA is still frickin annoying.

3)As more content comes out the chances of those who are lvl'ing up will be able to obtain Champion become slimmer and slimmer.

Remember guys, not everyone is some uber uberity ube in a guild farming omens, just cause that is no longer your problem doesn't mean the problem is or was solved. Also long term wise FA is going to be in an up and coming shaman's spell book alot more often than champion will since it is obtainable though exchangeable means. With better content coming in no drop omen spells will be about as easy to obtain as gates spells, so for the long term and for those who aren't farming omens I believe FA the spell itself should be fixed.
Jenguran

Postby Webbie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:45 pm

How often does anyone even use FA anymore? I may be level 70, but I am by no means an uber. I don't have champion, and I couldn't tell you how long it has been since I even bothered to mem FA.
Webbie

Server: Saryrn

Postby Jenguran » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:46 pm

Jenguran

Postby Samanna » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:00 pm

Champion certainly is the fix to FA.

Perhaps you want Champion to be easier to acquire; I think that would be a separate issue, and may or may not make a top ten list for the class overall.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Jenguran » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:09 pm

Jenguran

Postby Samanna » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:49 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Gloriana » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:53 pm

Last edited by Gloriana on Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I bring you gold and silver moons,
And diamond stars, and mists that float.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby slavage » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:54 pm

Last edited by slavage on Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slavage

Server: Povar 70 shaman

Postby Brohg » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:00 pm

I think all the spells with recast delays need to have the delay moved onto the back of the spell instead of the front. Delays are to keep us from chaincasting, but they mostly cut into the usability of other spells, not the delayed spell itself. Some exceptions, Invulnerability spells probably have to stay how they are.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:10 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby slavage » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:13 pm

slavage

Server: Povar 70 shaman

Postby siludorf » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:23 pm

A high end Cleric or Druid won't get 1 rounded by a 10k damage, one day shaman can say the same =/
siludorf

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Henora » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:49 pm

Last edited by Henora on Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:51 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Webbie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:25 pm

Webbie

Server: Saryrn

Postby Jaraman » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:46 pm

Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Caanus Grey » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:51 pm

Caanus Grey
Emarr Shaman
Perpetually deceased
Caanus Grey

Server: Emarr

Postby KantorZek » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:54 pm

Fateseer Kantor Corax

Z E K
KantorZek

Server: (Rallos) Zek

Postby Brohg » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:11 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Lickity » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:25 pm

Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Kuokfung » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:55 pm

Kuokfung

Server: Luclin

Postby artebus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:23 pm

, Leader of the
Terris Thule
artebus

Server: Prexus (Terris Thule)

Postby Jenguran » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:24 pm

So how long do expansions usually get farmed for no drop gear?

Perhaps some of the top stuff, many runes drop in anguish? Actually I guess I should put it, do you foresee anguish being the spot to re-gear characters once the next end game content comes out? Omens in general on that? Yea, me neither.

These runes that are rotting, what servers and is this during prime time?

I'm in a casual time guild and I see that alot of the members of the guild have very few of their 69-70's, more of them are getting them as we do occaisinal rune raids but thats a pretty slow way to get spells for a guild. My entire time in rss I have seen 1 rune drop. In mpg I have seen 1 69 rune drop, then again my playtime has been cut down lately, but out of bout 16 hours since the increase in 69/70 rune drops in mpg I've seen one.

My basic point is that there are alot of casual players who do not have champion, that they have FA and that over time as more people come up when omens is not the place to be that there will be less opportunity to get champion and that FA will be the reality for them.

Yes it is an availability issue, but its not a waaaah waaaah waaaah i want the uber spell waaaah availability issue.

Its a hey, look at this, here are the reasons that this spell with availability issues which is an upgrade for a spell does not mean that the spell that it is an upgrade for fixes the spell in question. ( I think I wrote that right....) Anyway, I think I laid it pretty clear in the first post, perhaps not clear enough.

btw, I am not asking for the 69 and 70's to be droppable, Samaarra said that the issue I had was an availabity issue with champion and I mentioned the only way I could see that being resolved and said that that was not a class issue. Yea, I paid too much for this muffler also, not interested in 69/70's being droppable. I'm interested in FA not being a pain in the ass, hell wasn't that the #3 issue?

Actually think all redicuously long recast times are stupid. It often renders a spell useless, much like spirit of cheetah. To put it on a buff like this is just plain dumb.
Jenguran

Postby Jenguran » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:43 pm

Jenguran

Postby Swobu_AB » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:51 pm

Swobu_AB

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Jenguran » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:55 pm

Jenguran

Postby KantorZek » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:24 am

KantorZek

Server: (Rallos) Zek

Postby Ungkor » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:36 am

Ungkor

Postby Sebekiz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:19 am

- *RETIRED* Shaman on the Rathe (formerly on Lanys T'vyl).

Jodun - *INACTIVE* Shaman on The Combine.
Sebekiz

Server: Norrath

Shaman Main

Postby Scowls » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:38 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Brokkem » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:47 am

Brokkem

Server: The Nameless

Postby Lickity » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:48 am

Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Katgo » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:21 pm

Katgo

Server: Quellious

Postby Dasha » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:54 pm

Proud member of
da Everlovin' Shaman of Povar
Dasha

Server: Povar

Postby Ungkor » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:42 pm

Ungkor

Postby Wulfbane » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:48 pm

Warning.....May contain traces of sarcasm.
Wulfbane

Postby Brohg » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:08 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Gloriana » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:27 pm

Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby darkpaw » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:09 pm

, 75th Dar Khura Officer
Yes I am retired, but hell it's free this month.
darkpaw

Server: Torvonulos Ro

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby artebus » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:53 pm

artebus

Server: Prexus (Terris Thule)

Next

Return to Heyokah's Lodge