[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Station Launcher Query

Station Launcher Query

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Station Launcher Query

Postby Lestumpette » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:23 am

So I'm trying to update my EQ install ... I've purchased the expansions I need (it's around 6.5GB download) and I find the download keeps stalling. I've tried it many times. I've updated to the latest version of the Station Launcher, and I've also lodged a ticket with the SOE help desk (no solution offered there!).

It's taken me over a week to download 0.5GB and my ISP simply isn't that bad ... it's a decent 1,500/512 package which downloads nicely anywhere else. The Everquest download is normal for the first 10 minutes or so, then it just stops and the only way to kick it and make it go again is to restart the Launcher. Like I want to sit in front of my PC doing that for a few days ... not.

Ideally I want to set it downloading in the morning and let it run all day while I'm at work. Why can't I do that?

Am I doing something that's obviously wrong to someone out there? help ...

Cheers,
Lest
Lestumpette

Server: Tunare

Shaman Main

Re: Station Launcher Query

Postby fendaann » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:12 am

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/forum ... gory_id=15

Never install anything into the default directories on a Vista/Win7 system especially if it will require regular patching or saving of files.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=154176
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Lestumpette » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Cheers Fendaann,

Thanks for those links.

It looks like there might be a solution for me in there somewhere (even though I don't use Vista or Win7).

I didn't even consider that the Station Launcher might copy files to the wrong location if I ran with defaults. Silly me ...

Lest
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby Lestumpette » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:34 am

That was the problem ... thanks Fendaann. Download complete.
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby rapidsphare » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:33 am

Over time, I have lost the old launcher and now just have the SOE one. However, would it be possible, in any way, to get the Pirates of the Burning Sea Launcher? It would be awesome if I could do that without having to completely redownload the game.
rapidsphare

Warrior Main

Postby Brohg » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:50 am

100% unavailable unless you found a retail box copy in the bargain bin of spooky old abandoned GameStop
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to General EQ Discussion