[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Spell drop Data...

Spell drop Data...

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Spell drop Data...

Postby Jarcey Heyokah » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:41 pm

It seems I get 2 clr, 2 enc, 1 nec, 1 dru, and then (any of the other classes) spell, and this repeats its self

Is it me or does the spell drop's need some tweeking?
Jarcey
85th Season SHM

Dethsangel Beckons
85th Season SHD

Rheece
80th Season MAG

Yeah I 3box... /shrug

Stop Canni Time....

May the Great Spirit bless you, your home,
and those you love with peace and happiness.
Jarcey Heyokah

Server: The Nameless

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Spell drop Data...

Postby Saintsaens » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Well, this past expansion, the devs intentionally seeded the spell drops to go by serverwide class population. In other words, the classes there were the most of (usually clerics), had the most spells drop, and the ones that had the least population (like zerkers), you hardly see anything of. I don't know about seeing the spells drop in the same order, but that explains why there are more cleric and chanter spells dropping.
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 100 Holy Defender
Officer/Assistant RL, Sol Invictus, The Tribunal

Formerly
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 65 Paladin
Officer, Splintered Essence
Vulak`Aerr

Formerly
Lvl 52 Crusader
Archaic Arbitrators, Tallon Zek
Saintsaens

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main

Postby Unmei » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby HawklordXegony » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:28 pm

There still appears to be some rarity to certain spells. I saw one Talisman of Unity rk II in the bazaar for 750K within the first two weeks of SoD release. I bought it. Weeks go by. I have looted dozens (if not hundreds) of cleric, necro, and pally spells. Never saw a single Talisman of Unity drop and never saw one for sale again in the bazaar. Finally I had one drop the other day. Same with the Wizard spell Ethereal Combustion (their big fire nuke). Only one looted by me since SoD released and only ever saw one in the bazaar. Is it coincidence that the most desirable spells for those respective classes have been that rare? I don't think so. Your opinion might vary.
HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Well, for starters, the higher level spells only drop in the higher level zones. And I can tell you there are a lot more people in Field of Scale getting spell drops than there are in Kuua and Discord. And then there's the fact that, well, the more desirable spells are more likely to get snapped up fast in the bazaar because they're...more desirable. And there's the fact that you -notice- when you loot a "desirable spell". You can tell me definitively that you've only ever seen one Talisman of Unity, because you were paying attention. How many copies of Tears of Xadrith have you found? That's another 85 spell, and unlike Unity, is near crap. Do you remember? Is the number more than 1? ;)

It's certainly not out of the question that some spells are rarer than others, but I haven't yet seen convincing evidence that that's the case either.
Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby HawklordXegony » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 pm

HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Rolane2 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:54 pm

I havent seen a shaman spell drop in over a month.
Rolane2

Postby Jarcey Heyokah » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:37 pm

If the server population 1-2 years ago had twice as many clerics then shaman. Then this would make sense... I would guess that the shaman population vs clerics now is alot different.
Everyone it seems is bot'n a shaman, where as clerics have been replaced bye mercs.
Jarcey Heyokah

Server: The Nameless

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Mojarda » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:58 pm

I'd guess that the class ratios are taken from toons existing on each active account, not the toons with the most recent "play time" on each account. Sure, alot of people that boxed clerics in the past now box shaman, but it isn't likely that they deleted the cleric from the account. I have a cleric on each of my two accounts, but neither sees the light of day any more, but they still exist.
Mojarda Spyritwalker
85 Shaman of Avatar Elite
E-Marr
Mojarda

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby MiniChu » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:24 am

MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:40 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby MiniChu » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:27 am

Actually, you are right - the real explanation is that the mob spawns with the loot; but that info is not sent to client until loot-time. My misunderstanding.
MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby willain » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:04 pm

willain

Druid Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby MiniChu » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah, was ShowEQ