[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - EQ still active I see..

EQ still active I see..

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

EQ still active I see..

Postby Rendael » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:23 am

Judging by all the recent posts here and EQ Traders, I see the game still goes on somewhere.

The last I played regularly was before DoN came out I think. I bought the expansion, remember playing a couple times going through some caves in Lavastorm with people, and never touching it after that since I haven't had a good stable job in years. My guild, Avengers Federation, started on Tholuxe Paells, which merged with Bertox, died around the time of the Fall to Spring introduction of WoW and EQ II. Those times I payed a month or two to see how EQ 1 was doing, no one had logged into the guild for a year, except a select 1 to 3 people.

I miss my 65ish paladin, enchanter, misc characters of monk/shaman/etc.

I never completed my paladin 1.5, being stuck at the point where the Mujaki the Destroyer was needed.

Maybe someday I will have the time and money to revisit EQ.

EQ II took some time with me getting a paladin to 59 before stopping there in DoF days because of my problems. I got a wizard to 70 on Venekor before those problems and eventually the server just dying halted it. Even Najena, one of the most populous servers from the start of EQ II, has dwindled in PUG population. You can go days without a group. No one ever speaks a word in the chat channels other than the 1-9 which for some odd reason turned into the server chat with people of all levels LFGing in there.

LOTRO took some more time seeing what it was like til no $$ got in the way. I got a burglar and captain to 60.

I figured I would see how these websites were doing as I can't post obviously without a valid subscription on the official forums, which suck after they removed the server discussion sub-forums.
Paladin
Tholuxxoulousaells server
Rendael

Re: EQ still active I see..

Postby Macnair » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:51 am

Welcome back.

I hope your RL issues are finding their way to resolution.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: EQ still active I see..

Postby olts » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:43 pm

well, dunno if it still works, but they offered all old accounts a free period to enjoy the game again. plenty ppl came back than, with their old chars. i checked wow, eq II and lotro myself, the games are better in all aspects but 2. raiding and mature ppl. so i am stuck with eq I :-)

if ya come back and want to give firona vie a try, shoot me a tell in game and ill gladly help ya. and yeah, i hope your rl issues get solved, i feel your pain :-)

caero
olts

Paladin Main

Return to General EQ Discussion