[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Sony Cant Help ME??????????????????? Desperate

Sony Cant Help ME??????????????????? Desperate

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Sony Cant Help ME??????????????????? Desperate

Postby Loycoy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:56 am

My Problem is an brain teaser. I play on server cazi-thule. I have 6 alts on that server and one main chara which

is an lvl 80 warrior. Each and everytime i log onto my main chara everything is ok until i zone. Once i zone i am

link dead. (How do i know that?). Cause once i start moving around in that zone i pop back to my zone point.

Then i start moving again and pop back to zone in port again. Then at some point my computer freezes up and i

have to reboot the system. The strange thing is if i log onto one of my 6 alts i dont have that problem? I have

tried deleted the files that sony suggested. I have tried the DOS command where typin in different paths. I have

tried reinstall everquest twice. I have turned off my virus protection (avast). I am using windows XP and video

card ( nvidia geforce 8500 GT). I have updated it and update my Direct X. All the chara are on the same account

and the same computer. Dont understand why I can play all my alts and zone just fine, but cant seems to play

my main chara. I can play my main chara in the zone that i am in just fine. But if i need to zone then i go link dead

and computer will freeze up and i have to reboot each and every time. I am missing out on alot of guild raids

where i can really benefit from. Help me if you can please. I am using an cable modem connected directly to my computer and my

computer only.
Loycoy

Warrior Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Re: Sony Cant Help ME??????????????????? Desperate

Postby Tracor » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:44 pm

Based on what you are describing... it would seem to me it's possibly a UI issue with your main.

I would suggest you log in and switch UI's then try to zone and see if that helps. If you are able to zone, then you know it has something to do with your UI and you can work from there to see what file is possibly corrupted.

Good luck, I hope that works.
Tracor

Postby Loycoy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Loycoy

Warrior Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby MiniChu » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:47 am

Sounds weird... maybe some item issue with something you own? Could be a charm dependant on something in a zone that fails and gets you kicked. Did you try suicide and zone naked? Might give a clue - however, it could be something bound to your character, and a naked body wont help you much of course.
MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:35 pm

You failed to name the zone your char is stuck in and can you alts zone in and out of same zone ok.

I once an an issue kind of like that I zoned in to Corathus Creep about 3 months after the DoD went live , I had bought the DOD package but I had never gone to a DoD zone yet and not done the patch to load the expanion so my char kept crashing stuck in that Corathus Creep zone but I dont think I could play the char like you could.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby GrimwoodCT » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:32 pm

I used to have this problem when PoR came out in EFP when I had to click the statur to get to Devestation. My advice? Do a complete file check. Delete all the zone files for the zone you LD in and have them reloaded for the patcher.
GrimwoodCT

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to General EQ Discussion