[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Ngreth is Back as an EQ Dev!

Ngreth is Back as an EQ Dev!

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Ngreth is Back as an EQ Dev!

Postby fendaann » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:38 am

fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Re: Ngreth is Back as an EQ Dev!

Postby fendaann » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Ngreth Thergn
Developer
New
Well this thread went south. Why don't we keep it on target!

Yes, I'm back. Currently, I'm creating content. We'll see what comes after that!

I got the task of looking into the cultural and progression simply because I am familiar with the systems and could be relatively quick on finding the information. It is not necessarily an indication of my duties. That said, it might also be an indication of my

As mentioned, currently I am concentrating on content. We'll see what goes as more time passes and more content is complete.

Realistically, my duties is as a jack of all trades, tossed at the bigest fire.
fendaann

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Re: Ngreth is Back as an EQ Dev!

Postby fendaann » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:00 pm

I am not going text light (looking at the spreadsheet for a zone, and I still have 2 quests to finish, 144 blocks of text). AND the quests do require having an actual conversation with the NPC. *BUT* from the initial contact I work to have a way to get the quest within 1 to 3 dialogs (and using the word "task" if it at all makes any sense... I am a bit stubborn about "realistic" conversation and if it really makes no sense, I will use another word, but I do look for any way I can get it to be "task". Also, if an NPC gives more than one quest, and does not give an offer pop-up... the succeeding ones may be a different word as well... Though I have some options there as well.)
As for conversations within the quest, there is an element option that I seem to be the only one to use. (it was new when we were putting out Darkened sea). We can trigger a task element on a particular dialog tag. This does not force you to go through the entire conversation, BUT it won't complete on just "hail" and I won't necessarily give you the keyword(s). I give you a word to say to start the conversation, and the keyword(s) will almost always be something to click on in the conversation. AND once you know it, or if you are looking at a spoiler site, you can just say that(the) word(s). There is also no time limitation. As fast as you can click on the links through the conversation you will get to it.
Adam "Ngreth" Bell
Senior Designer, EverQuest
fendaann

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to General EQ Discussion