[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Mastery of the Past and Healing Spells.

Mastery of the Past and Healing Spells.

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura and AA discussion.

Moderator: Druid Mods

Mastery of the Past and Healing Spells.

Postby Starlene Antares » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:53 pm

The other day I ended up getting a rare two fizzles in a row when using my level 80 Adrenaline Swell heal, and since it was a difficult fight, so I wasn't able to heal the tank in time and we failed that attempt. I can't remember the last time I had two fizzles in a row like that, but it still ticked me off enough to consider investing in Mastery of the Past so I can use my Adrenaline Surge rk. II with no risk of fizzles. I do like the idea of having a quick emergency heal with no risk of fizzle. One of my guildmates didn't think it was worth it though, since two fizzles in a row is a pretty rare event for me. So I'm curious to get some other feedback. The big annoyance for me would be that AS would trigger a different rank of gift of mana which would essentially be wasted, which got me to thinking if it might also be worth it to drop Puravida as my primary heal and go back to using Pure Life as my primary.

Pure Life Rank 2:
Mana Cost: 768
Normal Cast Time 3.8 (Mine is 3.1 with focus)
Heal Amount: 3287

Puravida Rank 2:
Mana Cost: 868
Normal Cast Time 3.8 (Mine is 3.3 with focus so tiny bit longer thanks to decay)
Heal Amount: 3779

I like the raw amount of health with Puravida and with tanks having so much more health these days, it seems like every extra bit helps. My current healing focus is only 35% though and decays after 75, so Pure Life gets a bit more of healing boost from it than Puravida does at 77. Is the trade off for no fizzles worth it?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Starlene Antares

Server: Nameless

Re: Mastery of the Past and Healing Spells.

Postby Fenier » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:14 pm

Healing without risk of fizzles is a big deal, in addition it makes you pretty much immune to any AEs which lower your effective casting level, which they like to use now and then.

Mastery of the Past, combined with my Anguish Tunic was the main reason I never upgraded to using Pure Life during TSS. Now that Mastery covers up to 75 the only time you should ever fizzle a heal in most content is on casting Survival of the Fittest.

Personally I only use Puravida and Swell when healing in Crystallos. If I manged to acquire a Crystallos Prismatic BP with the 19% mana pres to Puravida, it'd likely get used quite a bit more. Personally when healing tier 2 or below I use Chlorobon, when doing Tier 3 I use Pure Life and Tier 4 I use as I mentioned Puravida. I also adjust according to the tank, but that's not normally an issue for me.

Mastery makes it so the only reasons you'd not get a heal off are being interrupted, or death. You remove the entire odds that a fizzle is going to cause your spells to gray out.

Also, you can pick up a a healing focus upgrade in SHIP and Crystallos off hand. It's neck slot tho.

-Fenier
Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Starlene Antares » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Very useful information Fenier! Looks like getting the new ranks of Mastery of the Path will be my next AA investment. Just to clarify about Crystallos, since the mobs there are so hard hitting, you believe the no-fizzle benefit of MotP isn't a good enough trade off for the extra hp Puravida/AS have?
Starlene Antares

Server: Nameless

Postby Fenier » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Use of lower spells, esp without a high powered heal focus will result in not healing enough per cast to offset incoming damage against most non-raid level tanks.

You will become reliant on critical and you want to avoid that as much as possible.

-Fenier
Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Yep depending on what you have for focus effects the use of lower level spells may be better even without the no fizzle aspect.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Arkie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:41 am

When the hills of los angeles are burning
Palm trees are candles in the murder wind
So many lives are on the breeze
Even the stars are ill at ease
And los angeles is burning
Arkie

Server: Cazic Thule

Necromancer Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Tanom » Tue May 13, 2008 9:09 pm

The way I see it, it depends whether not you have your druid raiding or not. If the druid raids, upgrade from Ancient to Pure Life once you receive the Chest from TSS raids or Solteris and got a 60% heal focus such as the gloves from TSS raids. If you do not raid with the druid I would stick with Ancient until you get a good amount of beneficial focuses from TSS, TBS, and SoF group content. The way I see it, you can heal more than well enough if you stick with heals that provide great amount of healing for low mana costs, Healing AAs really help.
Tanom

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities