[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Power Landings

Power Landings

General Discussion for the EverQuest Druid.

Moderator: Druid Mods

Power Landings

Postby snakebane » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:54 pm

As most of you I'm sure know there are certain levels that just seem to give huge power boosts. For instance when I made LVL 65 I was amazed at the amount of AA exp I could knock out solo and the places I could go that used to routinely kill me just trying to run through. I'm now level 68 with 300 AA's. What level would you recommend for the next landing to stop and AA for a while keep in mind I'll be mostly Bazaar geared and spelled as pretty much in this game it seems that a druid probally can't solo upgrades. I was thinking maybe LVL 70? Anyways what are your suggestions and what about those levels make them effective stopping points?
snakebane

Druid Main
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: Power Landings

Postby frocus » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:22 am

Icefall glacier may be a viable solo spot around 68 i know it works well 70-75 kiting bears orc gob spiders what ever. On hte plus side doping this can yield rk 2 spells in the 71-73 range maybe 74 but dont recall having seen 74's til valde pit which if you kill flateye oozes and small or young spiders is kiteable as well.
frocus

Postby Aldier » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:00 am

It is also possible to get a friendly researcher to help make the 71-75 Rk2 spells from TSS and earlier expansion spells from DoD and PoR.

When you get Winter's Flame will be a good level to dps at 73 as well.
Master Artisan
Aldier

Druid Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:32 pm

I also play my toons how it sounds you do, move them a few levels at a time then pause at certain levels to work AAs.

My suggestion for your druid would be to stop at 71 or 72 for the following reasons:

1) You get your first really good charm spell at level 71, allows you to charm up to level 73 mobs. You can buy rk1 from the vendor for some plat, or can buy the rk2 version in zaar or camp it, but the RK2 version is nice for the negative resist check. If you stay at 71 you can charm most yellows, though getting an extra level will help a bit with resist rates (reason i said possibly might want 72) but the xp is optimum at 71. Also at 71 you get the ability to outdoor pacify/calm mobs up to level 75. My favorite spot where i farmed hundreds of AAs on my druid and learned how to reverse charm kite were the adolescent drift wolves near the zone line to Steppes in Icefall Glacier. Rarely camped, they have taunt (which helps), high dps, low hps and ALL of the adolescent wolves are charmable at 71 with that spell. Also all mobs able to be pacified.

2) Lots of new armor, AAs, spells in the 65-70 range are quested / researched / tasks to get them so gives you time to fill holes in missing spellbook.

Hope that helps =D And there is a guide to reverse charm kiting written by me in one of the druid forums here if you want a rundown on that means of Xpin.

-Crom
Last edited by Cromagnon on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Account:
Notfit 82 Gnome Enchanter
Cromagnon 82 Ogre Warrior
Mahlon 71 Dark Elf Wizard
----------------------------------
Dartil 90 Capri Wearing Druid
Cromkins 71 Ogre Beastlord
Locusta 66 Drakkin Rogue
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:33 pm

Here's the charm guide, which also lists levels of animal mobs in Icefall Glacier:

Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby snakebane » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:48 am

Thanks it looks like I'm on my way to 71
snakebane

Druid Main
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Naturewalker's Thicket