[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoD NDA Lifted!

SoD NDA Lifted!

General Discussion for the EverQuest Druid.

Moderator: Druid Mods

SoD NDA Lifted!

Postby Woodelfous » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:15 am

Post inf0z here!
Woodelfous

Server: Fennin Ro

Re: SoD NDA Lifted!

Postby Aldier » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:45 am

Master Artisan
Aldier

Druid Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tanom » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:22 am

Tanom

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Bruddarr » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:03 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to see some of the changes made / things we are getting. I look forward to see how druids will fit in with the boosts we so desperately needed :D
Bruddarr

Druid Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Tempur » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Tempur

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Aldier » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Aldier

Druid Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tempur » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 pm

I would say that they have A burst heal equal to druids, but I think the adrenaline line and the new promised spell will keep you ahead of the curve in burst healing.
Tempur

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:23 am

, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Aldier » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:16 am

Aldier

Druid Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Aldier » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:27 am

[quote=Kumudil]Druids Outheal Shaman by far in emergency situations where burstheal is needed.[/quote]

Emergency situations, so that would be times when you need the hp restored now?

Promised Reknit does not heal instantly therefore it would not be effective in emergency situations.

Someone posted that shaman heals cost 30% more mana than druid heals. I responded in that other thread to that comment.

In this thread, I actually took the time and spelled the burst heal spell lines as someone asked for me to elaborate. I included those numbers because I know that someone was going to bring up the point that although the amount healed are the same that shaman have a higher mana cost. Again, this higher cost if more than offset by the superior mana regeneration abilities of shaman.

If your comment is that shaman should have gotten a Promised heal line, then you are in the wrong thread in the wrong section of the forums.

I do not believe I ever said that shaman HOT spells were burst healing. Instead they are part of shaman's healing tools and druids do not receive any HoT spells. And before you try and bring it up, Reptile is not an HoT spell. It is a defensive proc closer to your Langour spell line. Which oh yeah, also procs a SLOW on the mob as well as healing the tank.

Shaman have 2 alternatives. Use Canni abilities to keep functioning or don't use them and go oom.
Druids have 1 option. Go oom. Don't whine to a druid about the woes of your mana regen abilities being too weak.
Aldier

Druid Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tempur » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:09 am

I'm not trying to incite a massive argument, and I do believe that druids need some help in the mana regen department. However, that being said, I've used all three priest classes as a main healer. Against harder stuff, the ability to toss the fast cast adrenaline while the other heal is refreshing has many times been a lifesaver. Promised just adds another tool to the box. Saying that shaman can equal a druid in blast healing is a bit of a stretch.

I wouldn't begrudge the shaman a reasonable blast heal given the damage output of mobs nowadays.
Tempur

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Aldier » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:45 am

Aldier

Druid Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:40 pm

Interesting.

That is a very strong opinion you express on this Aldier. Were you in beta?

It will be interesting to see what becomes of druids if this is true. I 3 box a druid/shaman/mage group and am wondering if it will be time to drop the druid, although he adds a lot to my group capability so I doubt it.

Prior to druids being 'main healers' they were very welcome in groups as a snare/nuke/emergency evac role, but that was a long time ago. Will be interesting to see if your implied prophecy of doom for druids comes true.

The nice thing for druids and shaman is that they fill many other roles in a group. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the sustainable dps capability of druids in a non healing role. I occasionally group with a friend who plays a druid and she heals/debuffs and puts out some pretty good dps on nukes also, (and of course keeps stuff snared, unless her boyfriend is cybering her, in which case she sometimes forgets), allowing me to flip my druid to a fliptobox/nuke/flipaway increasing his dps substantially.
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Tempur » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Tempur

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Aldier » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Aldier

Druid Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Woodelfous » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:43 am

Less bickering, more leet sauce inf0z! Leave the bickering for the Sony forums :P

Good priest aug quests?
Spell Info?
Best exp spots?
Woodelfous

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Aldier » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:45 pm

Aldier

Druid Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Naturewalker's Thicket