[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Skin of the Reptile line "adjusted"

Skin of the Reptile line "adjusted"

General Discussion for the EverQuest Druid.

Moderator: Druid Mods

Skin of the Reptile line "adjusted"

Postby Sorkin » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:20 am

Well, the patch message on 7/9 says that the Skin of the Replile line has been "adjusted." Which, in SoE speak usually means, "nerfed." Generally when they improve something they're more than happy to tell you all about it. However, on the off chance that I'm wrong, has anyone heard anything about what the actual changes are supposed to be?
Sorkin

Druid Main

Re: Skin of the Reptile line "adjusted"

Postby Tordail » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:52 pm

According to the Patch Notes thread on EQLive, "Reptile has a proc direct heal followed by a 2(?)/tick HoT."
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Fenier » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:23 am

I read about this in the patch notes, I can't even begin to relay how... underwhelmed I was.
Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Kinerinu » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:04 am

Has anyone played around with this to see if they actually did anything decent with it? I have been looking for more information on it, but it is hard to find any. Thanks in advance!
Kinerinu

Server: Missouri

Druid Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Wildeagle » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:47 am

i have been playign with it from day of new chage .

as it set now with 65% healign focus i get direct proc of 559 or so then when it trigers and i have seen it chain triger it heals 551 a tick.but each time it trigers it over rides so your never gettign the full HOT of a triger when it chain triggers i never checked it out to see what its over all HOT does but i am guesign way less then the old styal. if ya just add the drict heal and the triger hot its only a 1110 heal over allgive or take.
this is the rk3 from the fangbreakers camp.

before the chage it use to give a crit heal of 1670 or so for me each tiem it went off and i use to see it go off 4-5 when it din't crit it woudl just hit for an adv of 600ish give or take.

if ya ask me it coudl have its uses yes and it can have it down falls allso my best advice is not to say boo about thsi spell ever agine on any bords and let it be who knows what they will do to the poor thing agine lol.
Wildeagle one and only rebel druid
Wildeagle

Druid Main

Postby Tilluan AB » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 am

well... I dememmed Reptile from my ten spell gems, instead I use one more debuffing spell. In old days that spell was very usefull even if soloing against lightblue/darkblue mobs in acrowd, but nowadays.....

Did the recent adjustement change something significant from your eyes?
Tilluan AB

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Wildeagle » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:52 am

i been thinkign it may be a ok spell to use on rampage tanks on some targets heck i have stayed alive in M.M.M. raids as ramp tank with just reptiles on me so if its put to use on pallys. SK. and any one class in the ramptank spot it may find its self to be a handy spell agine in that sence.i all so think it would be handy to use on the pullers of raid send them out with it as they puling back getign beat on the h.o.t. tigers will give them better odd's of living might even cut down on healagro i have yet to see it put me on agro when i have used it in the past may be it still wont get agro. ill play with it and keep ya posted.

just not useing it willdrive the dev's to mess it up agine. i have not ever stoped useign it i just look for were it can come in haddy at and use it ther. but thats me i dont look at the bad i look at the were can i use it and how will it help.
any spell that helps with healing is good if ya just fine the propper place to use it at.

rule one i go by never stop using a spell enless it has no use at all like sharp eyes lol.
Wildeagle

Druid Main

Postby Murrin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:04 pm

I use reptile when I solo named mobs. I cast it on myself, replace it with an other spell while I med up the mana cost, then pull. The procs and hot gives me better time to land a few dots before I have to start heal myself.

Pretty sure I would not have been able to kill Ton o' Tin in DSH if I didn't have reptile on. It's a good situational tool imo. :)
Murrin

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Naturewalker's Thicket