[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Reverse Charm Kiting

Reverse Charm Kiting

General Discussion for the EverQuest Druid.

Moderator: Druid Mods

Reverse Charm Kiting

Postby Cromagnon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Last edited by Cromagnon on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Account:
Notfit 82 Gnome Enchanter
Cromagnon 82 Ogre Warrior
Mahlon 71 Dark Elf Wizard
----------------------------------
Dartil 90 Capri Wearing Druid
Cromkins 71 Ogre Beastlord
Locusta 66 Drakkin Rogue
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: Reverse Charm Kiting

Postby Vasei » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Nice writeup Crom, thanks.

I've been vaguely aware of this tactic for a while, but never really tried it so the level of detail here is very helpful. I'm sure it could be adapted for bard very easily (and I can't wait to try). Might be a bit trickier on the timing, without a long duration snare, but I'm sure there's something in the bag of tricks that would compensate.

Another reason I love having other classes posting here. Nice to hear a slice o druid life.

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Tanom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Yes it is a good write up.
I do it slightly different.
You can try to pull 8-10 mobs, snare them all, then select one and charm it. Have it attack eventually it's low health will pull the rest of the mobs off u and get it attacked by all of them; it's health will go down quickly so be ready to hit that invis AA. After charming 2 or 3 mobs all the mobs will automatically attack ur pet. once you get down to the last 2 mobs just watch the mob's health to switch pets as your mana may be anywhere between 30% to 60% depending on wheter or not u know what your doing and ur mana pool/regen. You can maybe get AAs at the same rate as the way listed above but ......... I find it more entertaining and usually keeps me awaken when I do decide to work xp.
Tanom

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:55 pm

is super for boosting farm speed, but really requires you to pay attention when mobs are low hp.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Tanom,

Yeah, I do the en masse form as well, but usually just when i want breaks as it sucks mana fast, downside is you inevitably lose pets to that superior dps being put out by the rest of the mob trailing after you, also mob agro gets a bit finnicky and sometimes is a PITA to get them all going after your pet, which means you are kiting around the rest.

Have tried both over 2-3 hours, and to be honest, 1 on 1 because of the limited factors that can go wrong, actually gives more experience in the long run, and can be sustainable without breaks for well over an hour (personally have done about 1.5 hours without stopping in icefall on Dart; and he's about 11k mana at the moment) vs the mob strategy is usually not something you can keep up for longer than 1 pull of about 5-10 mobs tops, both methods are excited, and you are right, nothing keeps ya awake like 10 mobs hitting for 1k+ coming after ya hehe.

-Crom /Dart
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Oops, yeah forgot to link the clicky :(

Clickable from Inventory Slot to boot!

Sand Eroded Shell
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: NECK
Charges: Unlimited
AC: 6
DEX: +6 STA: +5 WIS: +7 HP: +25 MANA: +40
SV DISEASE: +5 SV POISON: +5
Recommended level of 50.
Effect: Savage Spirit (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 6.0) at Level 45
3: Increase STR by 40 (L41) to 45 (L50)
4: Increase Attack Speed by 61% (L41) to 70% (L50)
6: Increase AC by 15 (L41) to 16 (L50)
Duration: 1 hour

WT: 0.3 Size: TINY
Class: DRU
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Murrin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Anyone else tried reverse charming in HoS?

I found Borrowers in Hills of Shade to be a fun alternative to crocs and worgs in LP.
Usually I start off clearing a few in the NW side of the area they are located in to get some room to work with.
Spells and AA I use are usually: Nature's peace, entrap, glamour of Tunare, beast's Befriending, shared cammo, and a nuke to finish the pet off.

The Borrowers aren't too hard to kill using reverse charming.
Thing that makes this camp a challenge are the darn crows, they blind and can silence too.
But thanks to the new extended target window in Underfoot, it's not too hard to charm while blind.

Just tought I'd share incase anyone out there also got bored with the usual "safe" camps and want to try something else.

Also I been thinking about teaming up with a shaman and trying some non-animal camps with the use of feralize spell.
So If anyone has info about camps where that might work, I'd love to hear about it. :)
Murrin

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Naturewalker's Thicket