[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoD AA List

SoD AA List

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: SoD AA List

Postby Hulkling » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 pm

I'm a fan of activated AAs. My list:

Divine Aura
Force of DIsruption 2
Hault the Dead
All Spires

Then I'll do my boring innates.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Why do people ask for dumb things like undead snare instead of just asking that all undead not run.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:01 pm

runners schmunners, theres a shit ton of other things to use snare for.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/forums/list.m

But, there ya go....go ask.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Occam » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:57 am

Fundament/Spires are all 85 though I thought.

Unless you mean you're going to keep them banked.
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:58 am

Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Linc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:27 am

Linc

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:28 am

General dps increases are much more desirable than Slay upgrades.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:16 pm

I wouldn't mind never seeing Slay upgraded if it ment Live DPS was boosted.

Slay is far too requiring a decent RNG where as Live is all the time, also an increase on Live would also increase undead.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:13 pm

I wouldn't mind a slay upgrade, if only because it is fun, and increasingly these days I'm more concerned with having fun playing than squeezing every last drop of power and efficiency out of my character. That being said, I think an overall dps increase probably makes more sense and is probably of greater desirability among the community than undead-specific damage at this point. And in any case, it would be nice to get one or the other, as our dps story is reasonably bleak.

Nice list overall, though. 30 to spend. Hmm...
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby olts » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:44 pm

id agree, general dps... since we can make alts now on fv i made a zerker and i have the feeling that he outdps me at lvl 40 :-) well, not really, but the dps i can put already out is amazing, and i dont even have any aa yet nor the gear nor the weps. just discs and stuff. well, probably a lvl 40 pally in same gear can dish out the same dps too atm, dunno :-)

and for the record: i dont see warriors in similar gear do same dps as me on undead. they are, thank god, far behind. (says no 1 dps on last vule fun fight, i even got the zerkers. but i used vet dps aa, so i kinda cheated)

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:22 am

Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:43 am

Hulking's going to nuke kite down some 120khp undead trash for mad exp, with the AA, Flame of Light, and Crush of Waves.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:50 am

hellz yeah!

The better question being....now that this ability is available, why wouldn't you want it?
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:23 am

Because I'd rather have undead not run, since they are after all.. undead and shouldn't be getting morale failures. =P
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Tirian Trueblade » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:51 am

I seem to remember the undead murks in WoS running, and I know the skeletons and festival ghosts in Loping Plains run. Can't remember if the undead drakes in The Nest run or not, and I do know that the undead in Illsalin do not. Based on that, either 1/2 or 3/4 of my previous/current undead exp grind camps have undead mobs that run - this isn't a new issue. (What's more annoying to me is that Loping Plains and Illsalin mobs can't be stunned.) I have 34 AAs banked, and the undead snare is definitely getting purchased today.

- Tir
Tirian Trueblade

Server: Mithaniel Marr (Saryrn)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:19 am

I don't have it layed out, but I'm probably keeping most of my 30 aa's until I'm 85 and back to raiding. I know DA is definately going to be one of them, as it frees up a spell slot for me. Then I'm thinking the stun-based proc group heal. Extended buffs to 50% is $$ since that will impact my HoT, and I tend to buff alot after I battle rez, so quick buff might be on my lineup soon. RC timer reducers will probably be high up there too.

Undead snare... we'll see. I plan on mostly grouping to start off and I will be with a druid during most of it, so snare isn't on the top of my list yet. Once I'm back to soloing though, I'm sure this will figure in for a mere 6 AA's.

In the past I was a defensive fanatic, but right now I'm leaving those until I get quite a few of the others I want. The returns are likely to be low for the AA cost, and I'm not struggling that bad with tanking yet.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Kjan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:25 am

looks good, but what has happened to the frontal ae aggro? they not giving it to us now or are they planning to release at a later date?
Kjan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:28 am

Have every reason to believe its been crushed and won't be coming out. But what I say isn't official, all I know is that it was pulled fairly early in beta. Looking at the data mechanics of it, it wasn't exactly all that useful anyway, so not everyone is terribly upset with it not being present.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:56 am

It partially resisted the nuke getting knocked from 1k-600 hate then second nuke critted and it went bye bye.
frocus

Postby Linc » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:08 am

Linc

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:35 am

That debate can and will rage forever Linc. My take on it is that in a raid, everyone's DPS matters. More DPS means less mana needed, less rezzes, ect. No, it wouldn't make or break most raids, but from what I've seen in Solteris so far, and being told about SoF raids, we really can't afford to have 6-8 people standing around not hitting just because they aren't good DPS.

In group situations, I would argue that DPS matters even more because it effects our viability for group invites. Why take a paladin if you can have a tank that is holding agro just as well but putting out twice the damage at the same time? On a good burn with friends, maxing DPS makes for a better group. Up until this, basically to hold agro requires alot of stunning and not as much swinging, this expansion really should up our DPS while tanking a fair amount.

Does that mean we shouldn't get more undead DPS increases? I don't know, I'll take what I can get, but since our current slay ability does scale with the weapons we get access to, I doubt the devs will give us more slay. I know, it sucks, and I don't see it as unbalancing, but whenever this topic is brought up, the folks who claim 3600dps come out of the woodworks and it doesn't help our case.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:25 pm

10-20% dps increase on living mobs equals a 10-20% increase on undead as well unless it comes thru a massive mod to crit multiplier. So getting a general 10-20% dps increase helps in every situation including your soloing in general plus even tho slays are nice unless you get lucky with the rng its just not a lot of extra dps most mobs.
frocus

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:51 pm

We are paladins, undead bane etc => big dps on undeads
while i think normal mobs ds shoul dbe a bit higher then i also think that wars and sks should be ahead of us in those.

Now im pretty disapointed in hearing ouer frontal AE cone was removed wich i personally think would have alot of possibilities.
Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Vaindolf » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:51 am

The frontal AE sucked anyway, think it was 1000aggro wich are practically nothing in todays game not even overcoming proximity aggro. And a major recast time. I dont miss it.
And if they increase our undead dps anymore now, we can forget about getting any live increasment as it will futher boost undead area. I think we are pretty fine on dps now, cept on live mobs. Maybe a smaller flurry would be in order soon, and yea that would boost undead department too.
All in all i think this will be a nice expansion for paladins. I'm glad im not main playing one of the less fortunate classes this time.
Vaindolf

Postby Normy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:38 pm

/agree Vain.

Druids got hosed, badly. We made out pretty damn well in my book, even if we didn't get everything we wanted. I'd still have loved the ability to cure corruption on others better than we can. /meh.

On the topic of undead snare, one of my friends mentioned that it would be useful in Soltieris 2, when needing to kite the undead mobs. Paladins should be able to keep at least one more mob snared each, which helps. Usually we have rangers out trying to get everything under control, but I don't mind having the option.

Its going to be one of those AA's where we will have to look for various reasons to have it. Like if I am pulling (happens alot lately) and need to split 2 undead mobs, I could snare one before attempting to root it so when root breaks early it won't be on me right away. Minor uses yes, but when I find the excuse to use it, I'm sure I will love having the ability.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:25 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:47 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Actually just tried these yesterday. I was attempting the vamps in the caves, and when I attempt to snare I get the message that the target is not a valid one for the snare spell. I know they are undead, I can slay and nuke, but I can't snare these. Any idea whats up with that?
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:32 pm

ewww.../bug report that one. I'll mention this to Devs as well.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:17 pm

wouldn't that mean the mobs are just snare immune?
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:18 am

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:13 pm

forceful rejuvination work on the new DA?
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:57 pm

Normy

Paladin Main

Postby UDP13 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:58 pm

I may be blind but there still only seems to be 7 levels of mystical attuning, no 8 and 9 as is above. Maybe this was changed at launch but it isn't there
UDP13

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:39 pm

wow really? geezus ninja removals
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:53 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Tested it again today after the recent patch, still get the same message. So the vamp mobs in Loping plains still cannot be snared with this AA. I might /bug it again.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Valandil » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:06 am

Spire 2 and 3 seem to be self only, spire 1 affects the entire group. Not sure if this is a bug.
Valandil

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Valandil » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:35 pm

I've read the descriptions for the AA's and they certainly seem in line for the current effects. The first post in this thread states specifically that they are group buffs. I should have said "change" instead of "bug". The chart could have been wrong from the get go or maybe they changed the spires when they went live.
Valandil

Paladin Main

PreviousNext

Return to Tomes of Knowledge