Soulfire Quest (Kalorad, 1/2/01)

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Soulfire Quest (Kalorad, 1/2/01)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:24 pm

raykrnk
Unregistered User
(1/2/01 9:29 am)
| Edit | Del All Soulfire Quest

Please advise as to where I can find the BEST Soulfire Quest guide for completion.

************************************************************************************

Aaldarr Pendraggon - Defender of Tunare
30th Season - Traveler of Norrat

Kalorad
(1/2/01 9:56 am)
| Edit | Del Re: Soulfire Quest

I think the best guide to Soulfire is one I authored myself. <pat on the back here! hehe..> Perhaps this should be moved to the Tomes of Knowledge.

Kalorad Valrexxaeus
54th Cavalier of Tiarcs
Luclin server

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soulfire Quest

This document gives all the info needed to get the Paladin Soulfire sword. This is the quickest and easiest way to get it, and this skips a lot of unnecessary quest steps that you would otherwise have to suffer through.

1) Buy a cloth shirt from a vendor in Freeport. It cannot be a small one. Head out to East Commonlands and find Altunic Jartin in or near a hut across from the third Inn. Give him the cloth shirt and he will give you a token of generosity. While out there, buy a spider venom sac from a vendor or kill a desert tarantula in North Ro and loot one.

2) Go to the Hall of Truth in Freeport and find Merko Quetalis, who is in the backyard outside. Give him the spider venom sac. He will give you a token of bravery.

3) Give Merkos both the token of generosity and the token of bravery. He will tell you your final opponent awaits you in the sewer. Jump down in the water, and right inside the tunnel you will see Guard Willia. DO NOT WASTE TIME! Quickly run up to her and kill her. She is about level 12. If you wait too long or miss her too much, she runs down the tunnel and zones and you will have to start all over at the first step. Loot her corpse and get the token of truth.

4) Give the token of truth to Merkos and receive your Testimony of Truth - the first of the four components needed to receive your soulfire.

5) Go to the Seafarer's Roost in East Freeport - the bar past the dock. Sometime during the night only (happened around 5am game time for me) Tykar Renlin will spawn on the side of the bar. He has the same character model as a Madman from North Ro. Give him 4 Drom's Champagnes, they can be purchased right at the bar. If your KOS to the vendor have anyone buy four and hand them to you. Do this quickly, as he will despawn after a short while. You will receive a blanket after giving him the 4 Drom's Champagne.

6) Go out into the newbie area outside of the East Gate and kill trash to get several fire beetle's eyes, rat's ears, and snake scales. You need to make edible goo (cooking) and bog juice (brewery). Go to Trader's Holiday in East Freeport - they have an oven and a still. You do not need skills in cooking and brewery to make this work - but if you do it may be easier. I made edible goo the first try, it took me three tries to make bog juice - and I had NO skills in either of these trades.

Edible Goo recipe: Put one fire beetle eye and one rat ear in the oven and click combine.

Bog juice recipe: Buy a bottle from the bar. Put one water flask, one bottle, and one snake scale in the still and press combine.

7) Go find Zimel in the jail cells under the Arena. He is locked in the first cell and mutters gibberish occasionally. His name does not appear above his character.

Cool Give him the blanket first. Next, give him BOTH the edible goo and the bog juice at the same time. Zimel will give you a key marked H.K. 102.

9) Go to the bank in Highhold Pass. Hand the female bank clerk's ASSISTANT the key. The assistant is standing right behind the banker in HHK. Her name is Assistant Kiolna. When you hail her she says:

"Hello! I am Jaylen's new assistant, Kiolna. If you wish to hand in your keys, please give them to me and I will be happy to assist you! It is a pleasure doing business with you."

She gives you a note to deliver to Brother Hayle in Splitpaw.

10) Time to do faction building! It is very important to build up the necessary faction to the Priests of Life first, which is Brother Hayle's faction. Go to Qeynos, head to the bank in South Qeynos and get about 1600 in GOLD pieces. Go back into North Qeynos, and head to the vicinity of the Temple of Life, near the caster's UFO looking teleport to their respective guilds. Roaming around you will find Nashun Novashine. He may be outside the city gates or in front of the Monk guild as well. Hail him and start giving him 2 gp at a time. When you first con him you will be either apprehensively (I was) or indifferent. It took me about 2 hours and nearly 1600 gp total, 2 at a time to get him to con me as WARMLY - where it needs to be. The order is: scowls, threateningly, dubious, apprehensively, indifferent, amiably, kindly, and finally warmly. Stop after every 10 or so gives to hail him to prevent him from walking off. By the way, he gives you a light heal each time, and it SAYS you gain exp (It did to me at lvl 32 anyway). But I noticed no difference on my xp bar after the entire ordeal. If he cons warmly, so will Brother Hayle in Splitpaw. Warmly may be overkill, and I have heard that kindly is good enough, but no sense in risking it. And if you decide to do the Aegis of Life quest someday you will need high warmly Priests of Life faction anyways.

11) Note: This part can be skipped and done along with step 14 if you wish - however doing it now will not cause you to make the mistake of handing in the wrong note when the time comes to get your Soulfire. Off to Splitpaw (no, you aren't getting Soulfire this trip….) Important note: Splitpaw revamped Dec. 2004 on Legends, will go live on most servers in Jan. 2005. Brother Hayle reportedly can be found in South Karana now. Recommend taking a wizard or druid with you who can cast See Invisible on both of you and then Invisibility on both of you after zoning into Splitpaw. Go to the jail. Open the outer door of the jail by clicking on the wall switch on the right side of the door. Once inside and the door closes, you are safe from NPC's attacking. Hayle is in the last cell. The switch to open his cell is on the right side in the middle of the jail. Uninvis yourself by casting a spell - you cannot trade to Hayle while invisible due to the fact that he will con you indifferent. Once he can see you, you will con warmly if you did the faction raising in the last step. Have your partner STAY OUTSIDE Hayle's cell or you will both get locked in!! (Not a problem if your partner can TP you out) He can open the switch for you when you are done. Give Hayle the note given to you by the bank teller. He will hand you back another note. You now have the second component needed to get the Soulfire. You will be returning to Hayle at the end - he is the one who gives you the fine weapon. Either invis and run out or if you have a wiz or druid, TP out.

12) Now the tough part. You need two tough kills. The first is Sir Lucan in the militia house in Freeport. Get a lot of high level friends to help you kill him. When he dies, his ghost spawns and you must kill it too. Loot the undead version's corpse, and you will get Lucan's testimony. Take it to Valeron Dushire in the Hall of Truth and you receive the Brilliant Sword of Faith - the third component needed for Soulfire.

13) The last kill is a Shadowknight Troll in Castle Mistmoore named Xicotl. Important note: Mistmoore was revamped in Dec. 2004 on Legends, and will go live on most servers Jan. 2005. Xicotl can reportedly be found in Lesser Faydark now. Again, gather your high level friends. He spawns in the bath room just past the gargoyle room to the left through the fake wall when entering through the jail. His PH is a Mistmoore Guard. Kill him and receive the Glowing Hilt from looting his corpse.

14) Travel one last time to Splitpaw (now South Karana) to visit Brother Hayle. Be sure to cast a spell to drop your invisibility first once safely inside the jail! Hand him the four components together:

1) The note Hayle gave you back
2) Your "Testimony"
3) The Brilliant Sword of Faith
4) The Glowing Hilt

Congratulations on receiving your Soulfire!!

Addendum: Despite he ending text to the Soulfire quest, there is NO way to recharge Soufire exept to redo the entire quest from the beginning and get a new Soulfire. Remember if you do this that Soulfire is lore so make sure to destroy your original, out of charges Soulfire before getting the new one.-Gilfalas

Authored by Kalorad Valrexxaeus
Paladin of Tiarcs, Luclin server

Edited by: Gilfalas at: 6/12/03 9:47 am

************************************************************************************

Rann Dragonsbane
(1/3/01 12:30 pm)

Nice walkthough Smile . Just a couple notes from when I did it. You only need a high amiable faction to do Soulfire. Once you get it to kindly that is good enough. One way to check to see if you have enough faction is hand the note from the teller to Brother Hayle and get the new note back. You do not need any better than indifferent to do this, apprehensive might work, but I did it with indifferent. Then hail him and say "What proof of nobility?" If he answers with the 4 things you need for Soulfire, then you have high enough faction. If he says he cannot trust you yet, then you need to work on it. Just a little check to make sure it really is high enough.

One other thing to note. If you multi-quest it, all the people involved must have high enough faction. If anyone hands in an item that does not, then that item is just eaten (and maybe all the items handed in before it). But on the up side, Brother Hayle will hold the other 3 items for 2 hours while you go back to Freeport and kill Sir Lucan again for another Brilliant Sword of Faith.

As for Sir Lucan, a group of 4 L55+'s can take him, we had myself (paladin), a cleric, wizard and shaman and the cleric only used a couple complete heals on me during the battle. A full party of L50's can do it, but if no one is above 50, then I suggest 2 parties. We always pull Lucan to the Northwest corner of the newbie zone and kill him there. I do the pulling with Divine Aura (to get past the gate guards alive) and then zone out in that corner. Then someone non-KOS hails him until everyone goes away. Then we kill him. If Brother Jentry (cleric friend to Lucan) shows up, our cleric just fears him until both Lucans is dead. We usually keep all KOS people in the secret tunnel until ready to kill him. This has worked will for us 5 times now with no deaths at all.

I hope this helps Smile

gowrygabriev
(1/9/01 5:18 pm)

One thing to note..on faction.
I handed in the cloth shirt and he says something
about not trusting me...to gain faction you must
kill orcs in EC and WC to get faction with the
Knights of Truth.

sigh...on a good note I did kill the live version
of Grimrot this weekend!!! Wish he wasn't camped
so much...need to get the undead one. Smile

Gowry

Edited by: gowrygabriev at: 1/10/01 10:25:36 am

Rannin
Unregistered User
(1/10/01 7:41 am)
| Edit | Del Re.. Soulfire Ni! and well met!

I wanted to post a note of thanks to Kalorad for his walk through. I found it last night and started it. I got all the way to getting the key to HH in abour 2 hours! The hardest part was giving the Droms to the NPC in freeport. He despawned the first time I tried because I forgot to hail him. I allready have the hilt from MM so I should have my Soulfire this weekend! My guild will be taking Lucan tonight for me so if any of you are on the Povar server come and watch if you want Smile

Rannin Andied
30th Season Paladin of Tunare
The Sillyhood
Povar
Boogie Knight

Rannin
Unregistered User
(1/11/01 7:58 am)
| Edit | Del Re.. Soulfire Ni!

I wanted to let you all know that we made a mistake when we took down Lucan last night. After we killed him (very hard to do with the group I had) we waited a little over 30 sec before taking on the undead version and he despawned! Note to all paladins: Kill the undead version as soon as it pops or you will be doing it all over again the next night.

Rannin Andied
39th Season Paladin of Tunare
The Sillyhood
Povar
Boogie Knight

Ranninandied
(1/12/01 8:13 am)

I just wanted to say that I picked up my Soulfire last night using this walk through and it worked flawlessly! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Travel Safe!
Rannin Andied
39th Lvl Boogie Knight
Wielder of Soulfire
Corpse dragger of all
The Sillyhood
Povar

gowrygabriev
(1/15/01 10:46 am)

Thanks for the guide,
I got my SoulFire last night!!!!

Boy...people sure don't like Sir Lucan...
goto EC and FP and give a shout on who wants
to help kill him and watch the replies flow in =)
It's awesome looking..(even if it is dangerously slow).
This was by far the most exciting EQ weekend I've had.

Gowry
Paladin of 36 Seasons
E'ci Server

Baltimore1
(2/1/01 8:40 am)

Two questions regarding Soulfire:
1) If Brother Hayle cons Warmly to me is that enough faction? I did not hail him, I just coned him and it said "looks upon you warmly".
2) Freeport(Knights of Truth)faction, my faction is currently "Looks upon you Amibly" by everyone in the Hall of Truth. When I kill Lucan will that be enough of a faction boost to bump it to kindly or warmly? I just do not want to turn in Lucan's Testment and not recieve the Brilliant Sword Of Faith because my faction with my own guild is too low. Any info would be most appreciated Smile

Baltimore Lanshire (Clan Omega) Tribunal Server "Get busy livin or get busy dying" damn right!

Shred Paladin
(2/1/01 5:14 pm)

I think your faction with Qeynos has to be "friendly" or higher. That dude that shouts crap all the time in the hills...something Novashine, give him 10gp a time(i think it was 10) while he is IN the temple area and your faction will go up. Takes time but its a sure way and quick way(and sometimes expensive) to gain faction.

Basalt Bonewalker
53 Paladin of Brell
Keeper of the hag underware line...Fruit of the Tomb
Bristlebane server

They say the pen is mightier then the sword. Well i say to hell with the pen because you can die by the sword!

gowrygabriev
(2/2/01 5:02 pm)

This should go into the Tomes...I used it!
Thanks!

Ebein
(2/7/01 1:25 pm)

You give Lashun Novashine in Qeynos 2gp at a time for faction hit.

You can also give a Kolilda (sp) fish carcass to the swimming guard for BIG faction hits. Be sure to have a newbie kill the fish because killing it wrecks your faction with the very people your trying to raise it. only took me 1 fish and 50-60pp in GP to go from kindly to warmly.

hope this helps.

38th Fathom ( 9 blues til 39 Woot! )

Ebein's Page

Flam42
(6/28/02 2:33 am)
| Edit | Del Easiest way to get faction

Hiya,
I spent last night paying newbs to kill koalindl the wee fish in the pond under the space ship...and turn in about 4 or 5 of the fish's corpse to the guy in the water and u will be ally take bu 20 mins max and i had fun time chatin with the newb

50th paladin of TZ
Finished Ghoulbane in 1hr 45mins
doin soulfire tonight
I think im waiting a bit long to do epic LOL[/b]
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Tomes of Knowledge