Fiery Devender Walkthrough (2/14/02)

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Fiery Devender Walkthrough (2/14/02)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:43 pm

Beldukil
(2/13/02 5:15 pm)
| Edit | Del All Fiery Defender Walkthrough
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART I Fiery Avenger by Nevron

Quest for the Soulfire

Quest for the Ghoulbane

Get to Warmly faction standing with the Deepwater Knights in Erudin.

Kill Lord Nagafan, Talendor or Severilous till you get the Torn burnt book

Kill Lady Vox, Faydedar or Gorenaire till you get the Frost covered part of a book.

Combine both book parts to the NPC called Rineval Talyas in North Qeynos. Coming from Qeynos hills and facing the gate she is a bit to the left of the gate. Give her 1000pp and the two book parts and you will get the Book of Scale in return. Note that the book IS multiquestable (like any no combine container quest step) and, since the completed 'Book of Scale' IS DROPABLE the MQ is very safe to do.

Travel to The Ocean of Tears, and give the Oracle of Akanon the book, he will give you a Phylactery with the Soul of Miragul in it in return.

Head to Everfrost with 2-4 groups depending on level and classes and find the Lich of Miragul wandering in the caves under the frozen river. Charm said lich and give him his soul (phylactery) back. That will spawn the live miragul. Keel him and loot his head and cloak.

Head to the 4th isle in Air, it is called the Pegasus Isle and is non KOS, you will need someone to stay back on the 1st island in the quest Area. Have them find Dason Goldblade and tell him they wish to be tested. He will give whoever is there a book.

Have them turn in the book to Dason and he will despawn leaving Dirkog Steelhand up instead. Give Dirkog Steelhand 500pp and Inte Akira will pop on isle 4.

First give him (Inte) your Ghoulbane to get his blessing of nobility, and then give him your Soulfire to get his blessing of sacrifice. Then turn in Miraguls head and cloak along with the two blessings you just received from Inte to get your shiny new Fiery Avenger.

Please note much like the Soulfire quest, give the NPC the ghoulbane and soulfire first, so you get his blessings.

PART II From Allakhazams

To get this weapon, you have to release a tormented soul. To do this, you need to find his old armor, sword and shield. These have to be purified by light, gem and water.

THE GEM

These 2 NPC's are found in Kaladim, Jark is in the mines and Nella is outside of the temple

You say, 'hail Jark' You say, 'some'

Jark says 'Huh? Oh, I struck me some silver. Aint gonna make me rich but it'll sure pay for me minin costs. Speakin of, that wife o` mine was supposed ta bring me food already. Hey, you, wanna go get me my dinner? I aint got nothing ta pay ya with but I sure would appreciate it.

You say, 'I will get your dinner'

Jark says 'Har, I know you were a good sort. Nella has it. Shes out there somewhere in the lower areas. She likes to visit the temple so maybe shes there. Just tell er Jark sent ya and she'll prolly have everythin ready fer me.

You say, 'hail Nella Stonebraids'
You say, 'dinner'

Nella Stonebraids says 'Ach! I forgot me husbands dinner. Im so sorry. I was sendin my wishes ta Brell for health and long life. I was just floatin coins into the wishin pool. Usually its for children but things havent been so good lately. Here, please take this to him and tell him where I was.

After you take him his dinner, Jark says 'Har har! No time fer eatin now! While you were gone I struck me a rich vein. Lookie here. Ya ever seen a gem so pure? Its
tiny but clear as glass. Ya take it Holyomen . Ya showed me some kindness, least I can do. Besides, still a share here for me.

THE BREASTPLATE

The Breastplate comes of a Thought Corruptor in the Plane of Hate and is called a Tainted Darksteel Breastplate.

THE SWORD

The Sword can be found on the Keeper of Tombs in The Hole.

PURE WATER

Talk to a peasant woman near the monk guild in West Freeport. You say to peasant woman "what water" then "I will take it". You get a bucket of water. Hand it in to her brother Joshua and it will be turned into Pure water. Joshua is in the bakery near his sister.

THE SHIELD

The tainted shield drops off Kirak Vil in Nektulos forest. He is a lvl 56 Dark elf, there are DE faction losses for killing him.

Now the steps to assemble the items

1) "The sword must be dipped in water pure." Give the Tainted Sowrd and the Pure Water (blessed by Sacrifice) to REKLON GNALLEN in the temple of Quellious, Erudin. You receive a Gleaming Crested Sword.

2) "Light of clean spirit to cleanse the shield." The Tainted shield goes to Elia the Pure in Felwithe. You receive a Gleaming Crested Shield.

3) "A gem of clarity unlike any other for the breastplate." The Tainted Breastplate plus the Pure Crystal received from Jark (blessed by compassion) is given to REKLON GNALLEN in the temple of Quellious, Erudin. You receive a Gleaming Breastplate.

4) Gleaming Shield, Crested Sword and Breastplate go to REKLON GNALLEN again. You receive a "MARK OF ATONEMENT".

5) The Mark of Atonement and the old Fiery Avenger go to IRAK ALTIL (wandering NPC zombie) in Plane of Fear. You receive the Fiery Defender

Edited by: Gilfalas at: 7/15/02 8:18:07 am
Valya Wanderfoot, PON Admin
70 Paladin (ret.), <a href=http://www.dark-bane.net>Dark Bane</a>
Mith Marr (Saryrn)
Valya Wanderfoot

Ethereal Cleansing and Light of Life (LOY spells) (4/15/03)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:44 pm

Aragir Lancot
Has severe hammer envy
(4/16/03 10:52 am)
| Edit | Del All Ethereal Cleansing and Light of Life quest in LoY
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walk-through is courtesy of Raladil Trueblade, Half Elf Cavalier of the Norrathian Knights:

PART ONE - Ethereal Cleansing (the level 44 spell)

First off, gather a Chanter/Shaman and Cleric and head to Dulak, right off Gunthak (reached via a ship in Stonebrunt Mountains, on the far side of the Warrens from Paineel).

Directions: Buy at least 4 invis potions, from the first gnome on the left inside the lighthouse, only 10 plat each. Then go back outside, to the erudite, Milius Darkwater, and head into the water straight out, and a little bit to the left (pretty much directly south). Keep going that way until you hit a beach. Once on or right at the beach, drink an invis potion, hug the right wall and enter a tunnel. Always hug the right wall, and never turn into a detour. You will eventually hit a second pirate village (you passed one on the left early in the tunnel). Hug the right wall in the 2nd Pirate village, and take the second right (you should pass a tunnel which has a path that has a steep climb). Welcome to Dulak.

Now pretty much your job is to kill everything in sight until "a black medallion" drops (Note: Rumors say that "a troll fisherman" is the most common dropper of the medallion. This is not confirmed though). Now, you take that medallion to the erudite at the Lighthouse in Gunthak, named Milius Darkwater, and give it to him. You should then recieve a medallion back from Millius, called, if I remember correctly, "a black skull medallion." We then arrive at Tedious Camp #2.

Go back to that same beach from before, but this time, turn left once you hit the coast, and follow the left wall until you see 2 boulders in front of a ship (approx. loc -1100 -1100). Kill everything until a MALE erudite spawns, not a female spirit. Note: Male Erudite and his PHs are on a 20 minute timer, and be sure to check both sides of the rock, you can miss him if you aren’t careful. Give the Black skull medallion to the male erudite spirit, and you should receive the spell Ethereal Cleansing and "a glowing black skull medallion." Nice job, you're halfway done.

Note: The orginal "black medallion" does in fact drop in Gunthak as well, but multiple paladins have said that it drops much more commonly in Dulak. Also note, the spell scroll is NO DROP, so you can’t do the quest for someone else, and you can’t multiquest this one.

PART TWO - Light of Life (the level 52 spell)

Now we go back to that beloved Harbor of Dulak (see the directions above if you’ve forgotten how). This time, once you emerge into the pirate village in Dulak, stick to the left wall. There is a three-legged wooden tower at the edge of the village in Dulak. Part way along one leg, there is a fake wall. Run through there, and there are 3 spawns plus a possible wanderer. Use your spell Pacify, or soothe if you do not have pacify yet (or you can use more invis potions). With pacify, you'll be able to single pull easily. Ok, once you clear those spawns, venture into the tunnel, killing monsters as you go (unless you went the invis route). A little ways in, you will come to 2 different paths. One is going straight ahead, the other to the right. Keep going straight ahead. A few steps later, you'll run onto a bridge, that has 2 paths again, straight ahead or right. This time, turn right. At the end of that tunnel, you'll see a set of stairs. If you take those stairs down, and turn left, there is a room full of spawns. Leave that alone, unless you want the EXP (which is pretty good). There are 2 spawns that are on each side of the stairs that lead down. Continue to kill those, and eventually an erudite ghost spawns that is named "Chester Steelblade." Be ready for a fight. Hand in the "glowing black skull medallion." You'll get the spell Light of Life, but Chester will agro. He hits fairly hard, up to ~125, and fairly fast. You can book it to zone, but you will create a MASSIVE train, or you can just kill Chester, invis, and head out.

The Light of Life spell can be memmed at level 52. This scroll is also NO DROP, so it can’t be multiquested or sold.

Edited by: Aragir Lancot at: 4/16/03 10:54:48 am
Valya Wanderfoot

Quest for Marr's Blessing (Romidar, 3/10/03)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:45 pm

Aragir Lancot
Has severe hammer envy
(3/10/03 2:15 pm)
| Edit | Del All Quest for Marr's Blessing
**Detailed Walkthrough Courtesy of Romidar**

Thanks to Whitelight of Druzzil Ro for providing a clue as to the starting point for this quest
Here

The starting point of the quest is in Gukta, with Yilbit Gerbigo (he's a yellow frog sort of in the North East of Gukta).

Quote:
You say, 'Hail, Yilbit Gerbigo'
Yilbit Gerbigo says ''Salutations. Come sit with me and have a drink. I am just going over some [business] right now.''

You say, 'What business?'
Yilbit Gerbigo says ''You look like a stout follower of Marr's teachings. This document was just delivered to me. It seems the Paladins in Freeport wish for us to assist them. Let's see what this scroll says.' Yilbit begins to read the scroll. 'Hmm, yes. Interesting. Most unfortunate. Have you ever heard of Castle [Mistmoore]?''

You say, 'Yes, I have heard of Mistmoore'
Yilbit Gerbigo says ''It is an ancient castle on the continent of Faydwer, eternally covered in a magical darkness. The castle's origins are shrouded in mystery to this day. According to this scroll, many years ago, Sir Bronthas, a Paladin of Marr took up the crusade to wipe Castle Mistmoore and its minions off the map once and for all. After a tiring journey he finally made his way to the castle. He was never heard from again. Rumors say that the brave if not foolish knight was killed and then raised from the dead to serve Lord Mistmoore. Still others say that his bones were used to decorate the dark halls of the castle. Truth be said, no one really knows what happened to him. That is why the Paladins in Freeport need our [assistance].''

You say, 'What assistance?'
Yilbit Gerbigo says ''They wish for us to venture to the castle and find any sign of what happened to Sir Bronthas. I am afraid however that I was wounded in the war with the Trolls and can no longer fight and Shin Master Grubbus has his hands full training the influx of new recruits. Perhaps you could find some time to [look into this] for us?''

You say, 'I will look into this for you'
Yilbit Gerbigo says ''You are a true follower of Marr. However I worry for your safety. If you do accept this task, please make sure you are ready. The castle is a deadly place. Should you find any trace of Sir Bronthas's remains, please bring them back to me. There is apparently a reward for completing this. Marr's blessing be with you.''

Go to Mistmoore and kill Sir Brontha (he's a skeleton shadowknight with a skeleton pet). He conned light blue to 60. My wife took the harm touch and she didn't notice for how much - probably around 500 or less since it dropped her only about a bubble. We found him near the front of the castle (inside), close to the courtyard where the cloaked dhampyre spawns (i.e., he was between the piano room and the ballroom).

Loot his remains. Faction hit is the same as for killing anything else in Mistmoore:

Quote:
Your faction standing with Mayong Mistmoore got worse.
Your faction standing with King Tearis Thex could not possibly get any better.
Your faction standing with Agents of Mistmoore could not possibly get any worse.
Your faction standing with League of Antonican Bards got better.
Your faction standing with Ring of Scale got better.

Return to Gukta and hand Yilbit Gerbigo the remains.

Yilbit Gerbigo says ''You actually found his remains?! You are remarkable. We must get Sir Bronthas a proper burial. As promised, here is your reward.''

Faction hits were the following:

Quote:
Your faction standing with Guktan Elders got better.
Your faction standing with Protectors of Gukta got better.
Your faction standing with High Council of Gukta got better.
Your faction standing with Lorekeepers of Gukta got better.

The reward is:
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Tomes of Knowledge