Thurgadim Gate Potion - It Works! (Balekan, 4/10/01)

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Thurgadim Gate Potion - It Works! (Balekan, 4/10/01)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:36 pm

Balekan
(4/10/01 1:34 pm)
| Edit | Del All Thurgadin Gate Potion! It Works!
------------------------------------------------------------

Melee made Gate potions

In case some of you havent heard, we melee classes can now make our own gate potions (at least until we really piss off the dorfs).

Here's how:

(not written by me)

Here is the info on how to make the self teleport potion to thurgadin! In total took me 1 hour to get skill up in pottery to 125 and 2 hours to get ingredients in CC for about 6 of them. There are 3 things you need to do: 1 get your skill up in pottery, 2 get the ingredients from CC and 3 get the container to combine them in from Frundle
Frenkler in town.

1) To start you need to get your skill in pottery up to 120 or 125. To do this is easy and will cost less then 100pp and takes a hour or so. Go to any skill site and
find the easy way to do it.

2) Now you need to collect your ingedients. Go to CC. everything you need is there. hunt the miners up top for the small pieces and small bricks of velium. then drop
(make sure you have lev!) down to the bottom, run through the dorf town, and into the hall with the velium crawlers, spiderlings, and webmasters. in about an hour,
i had a stack of these and gated out.

head back to thurgadin. go in the bank. the vendor on the very left sells crystal shards and HQ firing sheets. buy 2 crystal shards and 1 HQ firing sheet.

go click on the pottery wheel in the bank. put the items in like this:

crystalline silk
crystalline silk
crystalline silk
glass shard
glass shard
small brick of velium

do not stack the silks. also, even though all other pottery i've done always requires a water flask, do not use one. i tried and it didn't combine. so NO WATER FLASK!
i'm around 100 in pottery and it was not trivial.

you will get an unfired velious vial.

right next to the pottery wheel is the kiln. combine the vial you just made with a high quality firing sheet. this will produce a velious vial. it was trivial at

3)Find Frundle Frenkler to get container. She is by the Pally guild in a building.

Hail her and say:

You say, "what velium vapors?"
Frundle Frenkler says "Ahh, you come seeking my family recipe? After all you've done for our people it's the least I can do. First you must fashion a velium vial, then
combine the vial with two small pieces of velium in this jar. That's all there is to it. Please keep the recipe a secret."

You say, "what velium vial?"
Frundle Frenkler says "I'm no potter mind you, but if I remember correctly it's a small brick of velium, three crystalline silks, and two glass shards. Then you'll
have to finish up by firing it in a kiln with a high quality firing sheet."

she will give you a 4 slot purifier. it is a container, so you will need an open inventory slot.

now, open that purifier box that you got and put in the vial, and 2 small pieces of velium. make sure they are not stacked.

small piece of velium
small piece of velium
velious vial

hit combine and you will have a vial of velium vapors.

VIAL OF VELIUM VAPORS
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
EXPENDABLE CHARGES:1
Effect: thurgadin gate
All/all

Gates you to the Bridge over the pit in Thurgadin

Btw they are No Drop and Lore so you can only have one at a time .....but you can keep the materials in the bank and make another in about 5 min since you are in thurgadin
already. This is like having dual bind points for melee classes.

The velium vials (fired and unfired) are NOT lore, so you can do like me and keep a bag of them in the bank waiting to be combined with the velium pieces for the last
step

- Everything except the initial components (silk, etc.) is NO DROP.

- It was trivial for me at 125.

- When you're working up your skill with bowls or whatever, don't bother to fire them in the kiln. Just destroy the unfired bowls - it costs less than buying the
firing sheets.

Logged on at 2pm with pottery at 0
By 4pm pottery was 120 and I was able to make this.

The items to make it are easy as hell to get
13 silks and 5 small pieces - bought from a player for 20pp
7 small bricks - Vendors in thurg (12pp each)
Glass / sheet in the bank

Casting time is 10 seconds, which I think is better than shaman and store bought

Balekan Nomad
44th Season Paladin
Valiant Hearts
Druzzil Ro
To fight against evil and help those in need that is the Kaladim creed

Khael
(4/10/01 1:41 pm)
| Edit | Del Re: Thurgadin Gate Potion! It Works!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd rather use the 100p you spent on ingredients and buy them from shamans Doesn't port to Thurg but hey I'll be kos there soon anyway...

Rilkar
Unregistered User
(4/11/01 1:49 am)
| Edit | Del Nice, and not too hard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't made a Velium Vaoprs yet, but I took my pottery from 0 to 122 on medium bowls in about an hour. I got a skill increase every other attempt or so. It was great! I only wish the other skills rose as fast. I then did a few batches of large bowls and got to 145 pretty fast.

BTW, if you can get Sands of Ro, you can make a WIS +2 range slot item for Clerics and Druids. I already made back my investment selling these.

Anyway, I always carry a couple of C-T gate potions. Makes me feel less helpless when I'm in Hate. I always worry I'll go LD and come back to find everybody left without me. Smile

This Thurgadin potion is by far one of the easiest to get in terms of combined time and money. C-T's are free, but take time, and the Avatar of Fear can rock my world. The shaman potions take no time, but are expensive in terms of coin, as are the store bought ones.

Besides, I usually donate 10 to 20pp for a teleport anyway, so 15pp for a free TP to Velious seems ok to me!

C-ya!

- Rilkar

P.S. Encouraged by my success with pottery I tried baking. In 160 attempts I only got 17 skill increases. Sad I think my fletching rose that slowly (to 142) but I made arrows as I needed them, so it took a long time.

Valianthart
(4/11/01 9:08 am)
| Edit | Del Pottery Skills
Could you tell me the exact steps to increasing your pottery skill from 0 to 125? i.e. the ingredients etc... You mentioned making medium and big bowls. Also there was something mentioned about Sands of Ro.... It would be great if I can make the gate potions since I solo so much ). Thanks.

Valianthart

Grimm Brellhand
(4/11/01 10:55 am)
| Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Pottery Skills
I cleaned up the instructions a bit and added some pottery info and links

Items you need and where to get them:

crystalline silk - Velium crawlers, spiderlings, and webmasters (yech! spiders) in the Crystal caves
small brick of velium - Orc miners in the Crystal caves
small piece of velium - Orc miners in the Crystal caves
crystal shards - Thurgadin pottery vendor, leftmost vendor in the Thurgadin bank area
high quality firing sheets - Thurgadin pottery vendor, leftmost vendor in the Thurgadin bank area
purifier box - Frundle Frenkler, potion shop across from the paladin guild in Thurgadin. Ask her "what velium vapors?" to get this container(leave an inventory slot open for this).

Please save your self some frustration and spend the extra 15 - 20 minutes to get your pottery skill to 130+, I've included a pottery spoiler and links to pottery recipies below the thurgadin gate potion spoiler.

Step 1 - Create the unfired velious vial.

Combine the following in the pottery wheel to make an Unfired velious vial:

crystalline silk (Do NOT stack the silks)
crystalline silk
crystalline silk
glass shard
glass shard
small brick of velium

This is NOT trivial at 100 skill

Step 2 - Create the Velious vial.

Combine the following in the kiln to make a Velious vial.

high quality firing sheet
unfired velious vial

This is NOT trivial at 100 skill

Step 3 - Create the Vial of velium vapors (Thurgadin gate potion).

Combine the following in the purifier box

small piece of velium (Do NOT stack the small pieces of velium)
small piece of velium
velious vial

Hit combine and you will have a vial of velium vapors, (NO DROP\LORE) one charge of "Thurgadin gate".

This info was gathered from a post on Allakhazam's
eqdb.allakhazam.com/quest.html?quest=1199&mid=98464674857314 I have edited this to clean it up a bit.

----------------------------------------------------------

Pottery Recipies - eqtraders.com
http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/recipes_pottery.htm

Pottery spoiler - Eqtraders.com
http://www.eqtraders.com/learn/learn_pottery.htm

Becoming A Master Potter on 30pp Or Less - By Kury (E'Ci)

Would you like to become a Master Potter in just over 4 hours, for less than 30 platinum? Here’s how I did it.

Since your Pottery books tell you how to make the items, lets skip to the good stuff. (If you need more information on that, just visit the main Pottery page.) All prices are with apprehensive faction with the merchants and a charisma of 45.

What I Bought
50 Medium JAR sketches
200 Medium BOWL sketches
1 water flask per sketch (summoned and foraged items don't work...grrr)
1 Medium block of clay per sketch
Don't worry about the firing sheets at this time. (Will explain shortly.)

What I Did
Start on the pottery wheel with the med JARS, continue till it becomes a trivial thing for you (You can't make med BOWLS till then). Next move to the med BOWLS and continue till you become a Master Potter. At this point you can move to the more profitable and nifty items.

Why No Firing Sheets?
Sheets are pricey, and you just never fail at the kiln. It’s best to destroy your successes since you’ll loose money if you fire up and sell the med JARS and BOWLS (at least I did).

My cost thus far has been:
50 med JAR sketches at 1s8c each
200 med BOWL sketches at 3s7c each
250 water flasks at 1s5c each
250 med block of clays at 6s each
For a grand total of: 27p5s.

-----------------------------------------

Info compiled by:

Grimm Brellhand
54th Level Paladin of Brell
Succoring Winds
Bristlebane Server

Edited by: Grimm Brellhand at: 4/11/01 9:01:43 am

Grimm Brellhand
(4/11/01 11:00 am)
| Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Tomes of Knowledge?
We might want to get this info added to the Tomes of Knowledge, the potions are an amazing item for us tanks.

Grimm Brellhand
54th Level Paladin of Brell
Succoring Winds
Bristlebane Server

Aalnydara
(4/11/01 12:38 pm)
This is great! I knew there was a reason I learned pottery! Now if only I didn't want to gain giant faction for the Kael quests....doh.
Ally the Pally

Valianthart
(4/11/01 12:49 pm)
| Edit | Del Pottery
Agreed, this is indeed very good! Please add it to the tomes of knowledge. Thanks very much for the fine work everybody Smile.

Valianthart

Saorn
(4/11/01 1:57 pm)
| Edit | Del Re: Pottery
Does the channeling skill factor in when using gate potions? I know that druids at higher levels can often channel a group gate through even when they're taking some hits.

Just wondering if we have an advantage over pure melees when trying to use one of these to escape while being pounded on.

Sean Ironlung
(4/12/01 12:55 am)
Is the box Frundie gives you no drop? If not you can get a twink to buy the items/materials if you're kos in Thurg. The bridge is right near zone. I've traveled around a lot with my 9 necro in SOV (explored WW too), it's not hard if you have invis, & enchanters get invis at level 4 if you need a mule char to buy to buy items there.

Sean

Rilkar
Unregistered User
(4/12/01 1:50 am)
| Edit | Del What I did.
Grimm's post has most of the info I used to start my skill. I'll give some short, details of what I did.

Medium bowls go trivial at 122. You need a medium bowl sketch, flask of water, and a medium block of clay. I found all these things and a pottery wheel in North Freeport. The clay doesn't stack, but the sketches and water do. Just make and destroy bowls in the wheel until you get to 122. It took me very little time.

Note: Firing an item in the kiln goes trivial long before making them on the wheel. So don't bother to fire them. The firing sheets don't stack and waste inventory space.

Large bowls go trivial at 148. You need a large bowl sketch, flask of water, large block of clay, and a glass shard. I found glass shards in the East Commons. Shards and clay do not stack. But I took 3 loads of shards to North Freeport, and got from 122 to 145 on those three loads. Again, firing goes trivial before making, so don't bother.

That's how I got to 145 in pottery in about 2 hours. My WIS is 109 and my INT is 75, so I'm not a genius. The large bowls cost over 1pp per attempt, but the medium bowls were cheap. Going from 0 to 122 cost about the same money as going from 122 to 145. I didn't realy count my coppers, but I know I did the whole thing on less than 100pp.

I also mentioned a few magic things you can make to earn your investment back. You can make three deities. All three go in the range slot. All three can be used by clerics and druids. The first two can also be used by shaman. A Protection Deity gives 3AC. A Resisting Deity gives +2 SD, and +2 SM. A Wisdom Deity gives +2 WIS. You can sell these to get your money back in no time.

For more info, please see http://www.eqtraders.com That's a great site.

C-ya!

- Rilkar
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Tomes of Knowledge