[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Soulfire - As efficient as possible

Soulfire - As efficient as possible

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Soulfire - As efficient as possible

Postby Yandroz Zzyzzx » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:06 pm

This is the version of the Soulfire quest that I posted on the old BB and updated as people helped me to improve it. CURRENTLY IT IS OUT OF DATE WITH THE CHANGES TO FREEPORT. I'm putting it here so people can have access to it and I hope to update the Freeport sections soon. My goal is to make this guide as efficient as possible. Yandroz

Soulfire Quest

This document gives all the info needed to get the Paladin Soulfire sword. This is as lean and mean as I can make it. This skips a lot of unnecessary quest steps that you would otherwise have to suffer through.

This was an original quest in the game so it was designed for level 50 characters. It gets a lot easier if you are past level 50 and, as I note in several places, its cake to solo at 70. In fact, a 50 can solo all of it except for killing Sir Lucan and Xicotl.

1) Buy a cloth shirt from the vendor at the first Inn that you come to in East Commonlands when you zone in from West Freeport. It cannot be a small one. You will find Altunic Jartin in or near a hut across from the third Inn. Hail him and go thru his text. You kill Squire Knarl(sp) just outside of his building. This gets you the token of generosity.

While out there, buy a spider venom sac from a vendor or kill a desert tarantula in North Ro and loot one. Any spider venom sac works, so you might want to try killing a few of the spiders in East Commonlands if no vendor has one. You should see several spiders on your run out to Altunic Jartan’s hut and back to Freeport.

While you are passing through the newbie area in West Freeport stop and kill Fire Beetles, Rats, and Snakes. You need a Fire Beetle Eye, a Rat Ear, and a snake scales. You might want to get two of each since you could possibly fail the ultra easy combines are need to do with these three items.

2) Go to the Hall of Truth in Freeport and find Merko Quetalis, who is in the backyard outside. Hail him and go thru his text. Give him the spider venom sac. He will give you a token of bravery.

3) Give Merko both the token of generosity and the token of bravery. He will tell you your final opponent awaits you in the sewer. THE TEXT BELOW IS OUT OF DATE. I WAS OTLD THAT GUARD WILLIA SPAWNS SOMEWHERE BELOW MERKO IN THE HALL OF TRUTH.

Jump down in the water, and right inside the tunnel you will see Guard Willia. DO NOT WASTE TIME! WHEN YOU FIND HER, DO NOT TALK TO HER, JUST KILL HER. Quickly run up to her and kill her. She is about level 12. If you wait too long or miss her too much, she runs down the tunnel and zones and you will have to start all over at the first step. Loot her corpse and get the token of truth.

4) Give the token of truth to Merkos and receive your Testimony of Truth - the first of the four components needed to receive your soulfire.

5) Go to the Seafarer's Roost in East Freeport - the bar past the dock. Sometime during the night only (happened around 5am game time for me) Tykar Renlin will spawn on the side of the bar. He has the same character model as a Madman from North Ro. Give him 4 Drom's Champagnes, they can be purchased right at the bar. If your KOS to the vendor have anyone buy four and hand them to you. Do this quickly, as he will despawn after a short while. You will receive a blanket after giving him the 4 Drom's Champagne.

Note, the male and female bartenders may be on different factions, so try both if one will not sell to you. This can save you from having to get a second character there to buy them for you.

6) Now its time for Baking and Brewing using the rat ear, snake scales, and fire beetle eyes. You need to make edible goo (cooking) and bog juice (brewery). Go to Trader's Holiday in East Freeport (or anywhere really that you can find an oven and a still) - they have an oven and a still. You do not need skills in cooking and brewery to make this work - but if you do it may be easier. I made edible goo the first try, it took me three tries to make bog juice - and I had NO skills in either of these trades.

Edible Goo recipe: Put one fire beetle eye and one rat ear in the oven and click combine.

Bog juice recipe: Buy a bottle from the bar. Put one water flask, one bottle, and one snake scale in the still and press combine.

7) Go find Zimel in the jail cells under the Arena. He is locked in the first cell and mutters gibberish occasionally. His name does not appear above his character.

Give Zimel the Blanket, edible goo and the bog juice at the same time. Zimel will give you a key marked H.K. 102.

8) Now the tough part (not really if you are level 70). You need two tough kills.

The first is Sir Lucan in the militia house in Freeport. Get a lot of high level friends to help you kill him. When he dies, his ghost spawns and you must kill it too. Loot the undead version's corpse, and you will get Lucan's testimony. Take it to Valeron Dushire in the Hall of Truth and you receive the Brilliant Sword of Faith - the third component needed for Soulfire.

You can solo Sir Lucan if you are level 70 with no problem. I usually invis in and kill the guard outside of his room and then go in and kill him and everything in his room at once. You might want to be fully buffed when you do this but its not overly hard at all. If you are not level 70 and don’t think you can do this solo, then get a few friends to help you OR, just get a level 70 to solo it for you.

9) The last kill is a Shadowknight Troll in Lesser Faydark named Xicotl. He is located at the dark Elf camp east of the MM zone in. He spawns there periodically but my experience is that you do not have to wait more than 30 minutes on him to spawn. He is cake to solo at level 70.

(Important note: A recent patch said that Mistmore had returned to its former state, I don’t know if that means that Xicotl has returned to Mistmore or not so I’m leaving the following text in just in case. Again, gather your high level friends. He spawns in the bath room just past the gargoyle room to the left through the fake wall when entering through the jail. His PH is a Mistmoore Guard. Kill him and receive the Glowing Hilt from looting his corpse.)

9) Go to the bank in Highhold Pass. Hand the female bank clerk's ASSISTANT the key. The assistant is standing right behind the banker in HHK. Her name is Assistant Kiolna. When you hail her she says:

"Hello! I am Jaylen's new assistant, Kiolna. If you wish to hand in your keys, please give them to me and I will be happy to assist you! It is a pleasure doing business with you."

She gives you a note to deliver to Brother Hayle in Splitpaw.

10) At this point you should have:
A – Your “Testimony of Truth”
B – Brilliant Sword of Faith
C – Glowing Hilt
D – Note to Brother Hayle that you got in Highpass Keep

11-A) Check your faction in Qeynos, if its good enough just skip to 12, otherwise you have to do 11-B.

11-B) Time to do faction building! It is very important to build up the necessary faction to the Priests of Life first, which is Brother Hayle's faction. Go to Qeynos, head to the bank in South Qeynos and get about 1600 in GOLD pieces. Go back into North Qeynos, and head to the vicinity of the Temple of Life, near the caster's UFO looking teleport to their respective guilds. Roaming around you will find Nashun Novashine. He may be outside the city gates or in front of the Monk guild as well. Hail him and start giving him 2 gp at a time. When you first con him you will be either apprehensively (I was) or indifferent. It took me about 2 hours and nearly 1600 gp total, 2 at a time to get him to con me as WARMLY - where it needs to be. The order is: scowls, threateningly, dubious, apprehensively, indifferent, amiably, kindly, and finally warmly. Stop after every 10 or so gives to hail him to prevent him from walking off. By the way, he gives you a light heal each time, and it SAYS you gain exp (It did to me at lvl 32 anyway). But I noticed no difference on my xp bar after the entire ordeal. If he cons warmly, so will Brother Hayle in Splitpaw. Warmly may be overkill, and I have heard that kindly is good enough, but no sense in risking it. And if you decide to do the Aegis of Life quest someday you will need high warmly Priests of Life faction anyways.

12) Journey to South Karana. Brother Hayle can be found along the western zone wall west of Splitpaw. He is standing under a tree surrounded by 4 Gnolls. The Gnolls were non-aggro to me.

Give Brother Hayle the note (item D listed in 10 above). He will give you back a different note.

Now give Brother Hayle:
The note he just gave back to you
The Brilliant Sword of Faith
The Glowing Hilt
Your Testimony of Truth

Brother Hayle will give you Soulfire in return.

Congratulations on receiving your Soulfire!!

Addendum: Despite he ending text to the Soulfire quest, there is NO way to recharge Soufire exept to redo the entire quest from the beginning and get a new Soulfire. Remember if you do this that Soulfire is lore so make sure to destroy your original, out of charges Soulfire before getting the new one.-Gilfalas

Authored by Kalorad Valrexxaeus
Paladin of Tiarcs, Luclin server

Edited by: Gilfalas at: 6/12/03 9:47 am

Edited by: Yandroz 10/27/2005
Brother Hayle says You have proven yourself worthy to hold Soulfire.
Inte Akera tells you: Take this sword, the Fiery Avenger.
Irak Altil says: Your selflessness has made it possible for me to redeem my honor.
Inte Akera tells you: I see you have Redemption.
Inte Akera says: You have proven yourself to be a powerful Paladin and a savior of all Norrath.
Yandroz Zzyzzx

Server: Luclin

Paladin Main

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:32 am

Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Tomes of Knowledge