[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Spell line up question

Spell line up question

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Spell line up question

Postby Swervo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:08 pm

I've searched extensively for an answer to this (rather basic) question, but I've repeatedly come up short. Apologies if I've missed something.

I have been away from Everquest for many years, and played a paladin main from 1999-2001. I have recently been given a level 75 paladin to return to the game with and wish to play them as my main - however I want to do justice to the class and not just seem to be another clueless ''ebay'' type. Indeed, I've been studying and practicing the class on my own, trying to get everything down to the best of my ability before I group up.

So, if any kind and experienced pallies would be willing to answer my rather noob query - what would you suggest my spell line up ought to be @level75 for grouping on mid 70s content? I'm most concerned with what my stun cycle ought to be, as they have so many differing cooldowns. The toon has all spells, including ancients etc. Does my stun cycle change when solo/tanking bosses?

Thank you to anyone kind enough to help me out, and sorry again if this has been covered specifically elsewhere.

- Emily.
Swervo

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: Spell line up question

Postby Elric » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:55 am

Most of us have are own preferences. Also it will depend on your playstyle, AA count, number of spell gems available, etc.

Generally I prefer to keep both current non push stuns up, a push stun (spell or AA) to position the mob, root (spell or AA) along with the current ward of tunare one (procs self heal when hit).

Add in single heal, group heal, agro (forget what is available at 75, sorry), along with nukes.

I"d suggest having different spellsets (can right click on spell book to load/save spellsets) for soloing, grouping, undead etc.

Don't forget to set up your combat abilities and hotkeys/hotbars with your discs and activated AA.

Experiment, see what works on light blues with a merc (moloing is what it's called), then truly solo light blues (this will be better xp than moloing, as molo xp is halved)

Have fun, and any more questions, ask away :D
Elric

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:45 am

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:00 am

I personally do not like lesson much at that level, way too slow to cast for me and got a recast time different from your main two stuns. Rest I'd use exactly same as what Shiftee suggested.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities