[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Spell Lineup at 95

Spell Lineup at 95

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Spell Lineup at 95

Postby goirish » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Just looking for some suggestions on Grouping and Raiding sets at 95. I don't really solo since I usually box a 94 mage if no one is around. Thanks
goirish

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Spell Lineup at 95

Postby Elric » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:47 am

I"m curious what folks use as well. Seems I'm always adjusting the spellset in either groups or raids, LOL
Elric

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:41 am

Raiding is slow right now in the summer for me, so I have not had chance to test out the new stuff much yet. I have been keeping the same line up as 90 just replacing it with the higher level ones.

Two stuns or crash
Aurora
Splash
Contrition
Group heal
ToTT heal
Burst
Temp hp buff
Glorious
DD this get switch to other as well depending on the situation
Last spot for reprimand and switch this out for buffs when needed

Solo, I will load stuff like pacify, one more burst.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Shillingworth » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:48 am

Likely to chance when I get Rk2/Rk3 of some of the new spells, newer focii, or new enhancement shards.

Penitence Rk3
Contrition Rk2 / Splash Rk3 / Burst of Splendor Rk1
Burst of Daybreak Rk3
Earnest Cleansing Rk3
Force of Marr Rk3
Zealous Force Rk2
Crush of Repentance Rk3 / Lesson of Remorse Rk2
Paean Rk3
Elegy Rk3 / Abolish the Undead Rk2
Glorious Exoneration Rk2
Preservation of Marr Rk3 / Rejuvenating Steel Rk2
Righteous Audacity Rk2 / Annihilate the Undead Rk3 / Rejuvenating Steel Rk2

Needless to say with a setup like that, I'm burning through mana fast. The combination of Preservation of Marr, Rejuvenating Steel, HoT BP, OoW BP, Healing Light AA, Blessing of Life AA, and Armor of Courage Disc is a truly ridiculous amount of healing power, I use those and rotate epic 2.0, Armor of the Inquisitor AA, and First Spire AA to almost completely remove the need for healing against stunnable content.

I use Burst of Daybreak Rk3 and Penitence Rk3 over the VoA equivalents due to heal focii and enhancement shards making them more powerful than the Rk1/Rk2 versions in VoA. It is really nice however that the VoA and HoT versions don't share timers, so when the extra healing power is needed it's there.

Earnest Cleansing Rk3 isn't as powerful as Zealous Cleansing Rk2, but it's a lot more efficient on the mana pool when you have the enhancement shard to increase duration.

Abolish + Annihilate for undead burns racks up some serious damage fast, especially when combined with 7th, Resonant tonics, and the spells others can cast. Can't wait to try this out with a glyph once I finish leveling at collecting the AA I want.

Lesson of Remorse is awesome against stunnable content. Was in Beast Domain for a couple days doing all the task with a group of mostly casters and then later solo, between Zealous Force and Lesson of Remorse I was barely taking any damage at all.

Paean + Elegy + Glorious Exoneration + Disruptive Persecution puts out a lot of DPS against just about anything. Make use of Marr's Salvation and remove agro mod mask (if your wearing one) and you can chain cast them without taking agro off another tank (unless their slacking).
Even in darkness, there is light.
Shillingworth

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:06 am

On a burn if you are using annihilate/abolish you are actually lowering your dps FYI. These spells are ok in a sustained scenario where all the mobs you are fighting are undead but even then the cast time requires a spell thread. When you hit valorous rage you can no longer thread properly, even denounce/reprimand pushes the limit.

You are far better suited to use the .5 nukes on a burn with resonant potions. By doing what you noted removing mask/using marrs you can use the aggro crushes on a live burn. For an undead burn you are better off to use Eulogy than a crush for the extra chance at a bane proc, but lets be real that hardly ever happens.

--------------------

Since the cat is out of the bag per se on linked spells.

My raiding/grouping setups don't really differ that much and look like this

Glorious
paean
elegy
crush
penitence
wave
preservation
contrition
aurora
burst
splash
reprimand

I will say that for the first time in a long time, I actually have spell sets catered to raid events - it is refreshing. I have a lot to say about spell sets and line ups but to each their own. I've pretty much min/maxed that to get the most out of it for most situations. But there are a large number of raids where I just play cleric which is fun and rewarding in its own right.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:44 am

For Easy grouping:
Burst
Aurora
Splash
Stance
Mollify
Aura
Contrition
Righteous Audacity or Mark of the Reverent
Wave
Glorious
Stun
Stun

Harder content I swap out Mollify for Preservation of Oseka and then Righteous Audacity for Protective Dedication.

The Aura keep memmed in the convenience slot since that's the shortest duration buff but I end up swapping it for Silent Piety, Zealous Fury, Brell's and such as time passes to keep buffs fresh.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities