[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Protective Confession

Protective Confession

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Protective Confession

Postby Cellan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: Protective Confession

Postby Genadinee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Yeah its a great way to empty your mana bar for no purpose.

Until the Vie% and or the Heal is substanialy improved wont be used.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Edivor » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:45 pm

The spell information on Lucy is not up to date.

The last update on lucy to that spell was "2009-11-09 17:33"

Stick with Hulking's spell post to find accurate info.
Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:08 pm

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:51 pm

it s broken, need to be cast on self to get the leet 2k unfocusable heal,waste of space, until they change it.
boukk

Postby Kumudil » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:53 pm

actual spelldata conains that:

lvl 85 - Protective Confession
Gives the target's target a melee guard buff and a boon of healing.

Slot 1: Add Effect: Increase Hitpoints by 1759/1909/2008
Slot 2: Add Effect: Mitigate Melee Damage by 15%, 3718 / 4394 / 4732 total

Cast Time: 1.0 seconds
Duration: 60s [10 ticks]
Recast: 5 seconds
Timer: 9
Mana: 1049 / 1167 / 1230

As my maintank is usually a Paladin, I would like to understand its issues. Why you don't want to use it (apart from manaconsume?)
When there's a risk to die, manaconsume is secondary isn't it?

I am not firm with vie-like spells. My understanding of this spell is:
1. the evident approx 2k heal
2. 15% Rune for 4394 (RKII)
for my understanding 15% damage upto 4394 total equals to 15% damage from a total of 29293 Damage.

If we now presume that an T8 basepop groupmob is going to deal approx 2,9k dps, the rune should last against a single mob around 10 seconds.
Did I understand the mechanic of the spell right?

As a reference the Cleric version:
Palladium of Vie Rk. II
1: Mitigate Melee Damage by 10%, 4394 total
Mana: 698
Casting Time: 4
Recast Time: 1.5

ClericAura:
Aura of the Pious Effect
2: Mitigate Melee Damage by 3%, 0 total

Does Protective Confession Stack with the Clerics Spell Palladium of Vie andalso Aura of the Pious?
With the Spell it should, but also with the Aura?

Why "... its a great way to empty your mana bar for no purpose." ?
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:16 pm

It's just a watered down version of Adrenaline Surge the way I see it. Am going to take a wild guess and say that's where it won't stack.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:38 am

Adrenaline Burst Rk. II (took the lvl 85 one, successor of Adrenaline Surge)
1: Increase Hitpoints by 6112
2: 30% Chance to trigger: Adrenaline Burst Effect

Adrenaline Burst Effect
1: Mitigate Melee Damage by 10%, 1382 total

The druids Rune has a 30% chance to procc and has his vie effect in slot 1.
If any it may have stacking problems with clerics vie but should stack fine with Protective Confession.

Still not understand the problem with Protective Confession.
Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:21 pm

The problem is the way it was probably too good to start with and then changed to be what it presently is which to be honest is a mana drain and nothing more. The damage it mitigates is peanuts for the dps output of UF mobs and the heal is blergh at best.

If the Devs had met us halfway say 35% vie and a 4K base heal then I doubt there would have been many Paladins screaming and jumping up and down.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:52 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 am

Well SK equivalent of this spell (dire implication) is a 6k base LT (focused by everything) with a hate mod recourse for 1000mana and 1sec cast.

The heal part on our is just attrociously low, 2k heal focused or not in todays content is just plain useless.

The final incarnation of this spell before it was scrapped was 70%vie 15000dmg 6hit limit 4tick recast, farcry better than the piece of poop we have now.

If they re worried we ll become too good healer with a too high heal base spell, fine make the spell self only, and boost the base to atleast 7k.

Our self healing has become attrocious the past years, this would help us some (along with giving us lot more rank of blessing of life).
boukk

Postby karkariace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:26 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:56 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:38 pm

boukk

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Brohg is absolutely right, and that is coming from a paladin mod. If the idea is that we should be having a forum where non-paladins aren't allowed to discuss or ask questions, you'll likely need to look for another site. I've said this before, and sadly it seems like I'm going to have to say it again: the point is to discuss EQ. If you find yourself typing a post, and the content of that post is name calling or insulting other posters instead of discussing EQ, please locate your backspace key.
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:32 am

Guys, guys, guys...let's all just come together and sort out our differences. I'm sure at the end of the day, we can put our squabbles aside and unite under one absolutely indisputable fact: this spell blows.
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:52 am

Have a couple questions about this spell...was testing it out this morning and it raised a few questions.
I cast the spell a bunch of times on a player that was targeting me.
I received the melee guard buff in my window every time, but the person I was targeting (i.e., NOT me) was the one that received the heal. He said he got a message showing that "You have been healed for 2483 points" every time. Why did my target receive the heal and I received the melee guard buff? Also, I was under the impression this spell was not affected by mods, crits, etc. Several times the spell heal critted for 4966 (same amount every time). Again, though, my target received the heal. Any thoughts?
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:09 am

Because it's broken. If you want to heal yourself with it, you currently have to cast it on yourself.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:40 am

boukk

Postby Peaky » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:21 pm

ToTT does function, just not for both components of the spell. The vie is transferring correctly.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:48 pm

Heh we'll see what happens when/**IF** it gets fixed. High five us.
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby conanan » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:11 pm

Get them to change the heal to heal that amount per tick for the minute duration?
conanan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:51 pm

ya know, last time we had a spell that was completely Borked, it took them forever, but it turned into one of our most powerful spells in our arsenal.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:55 am

Thunder of Karana? Silent Piety? define Borked please, I am a feeling a bit pessimistic atm.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Zanador » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 am

He's talking about Aurora.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby shiftie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:33 pm

^^^ this

The incarnation of aurora that went live was god aweful for quite some time. Today it is a staple spell used by almost every paladin.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby conanan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:20 pm

So what do you think of making the heal on there a HoT for the minute duration of the buff? seems like 15% mitigation and a HoT for the current healing amount would make it a decent spell at all times
conanan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:30 pm

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:34 pm

personally, i think we should all just shut up about Confession atm until AT LEAST Raramor gets back in the office off his End of Beta vacation. Once hes back in im sure hes gonna read the notes from Hulkling saying the spell is broken and extremely weak and needs changing big time. Then just leave it at that. When we shut up last time about Aurora, devs turned around and made it Awesome. Imo we should try the same ordeal w/ Confession. Weve all said our peaces and opinions. Lets wait a bit and see what happens.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:10 pm

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:23 pm

i just stated my opinion on it. i dont want us to dig ourselves into a situation thatll be more harm than good. Imo, this looks like a discussion that pushing farther on it will get us less, until the devs at least have time to catch up. just my 2 cents anyway.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Thebobo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Folks never stopped posting their opinions of our Aurora as a strategy. Personally I think this and our other AAs need to discussed more, out in the open. Might of helped on some of our AAs.

And yes the current version needs a lot of work.
Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Zanador » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:08 am

Uh newsflash sparky this would be a spell not an aa. You do understand the difference between spells and aa's right?
Spells are those things in that funny storage space for spells called a spellbook. You get spells by either buying them from merchants, rewards for quests, looting them off mobs, or turning in something to receive them. Once you have the spell you need to open your spell book go into your inventory left click the spell so it's on your mouse cursor and dragging it to your spellbook, now if you left click on an unoccupied space in the spell book this scribes the spell, now left click the spell in your spell book and drag it over to an unused gem in your spell bar. You are now ready to cast your spell!! You can do this by either left clicking the spellgem or by hitting alt + the number corresponding to the spell gem. You can also make a hotkey but let's keep it simple for you atm.
Now AA stands for Alternate Advancement. You gain alternate advancement points are an alternative form of experience that you use to purchase abilities for your character. You choose to gain alternate advancement points over regular experience by opening the alternate advancement window. The common way to do this is hit the "V" key. From this window you can set how much aa experience vs reg experience you get in increments of 10pct. You can also by going into your eq files change it to a percentage that isn't 10,20,30 etc but once again we want to keep this simple for you. From the Alternate Advancement screen you can spend your earned AA points on abilities. There are 2 types of AA abilities passive and activated. Passive abilities are always active you don't have to do anything to get the benefit. Activated abilities require you to hit a hotkey to activate and are generally short term. You can create a hotkey by selecting the aa you want a hotkey for and hit the create hotkey button on the Alternate Advancement window. Now drag the hotkey that is on your cursor down to the hotkey bar and left click on the number you want it to correspond to. You then activate it by either left clicking it or pressing the number on your keyboard that corresponds to the number it is on the hotkey bar.
Any other questions?
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby Thebobo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:22 pm

Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Delfino » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:03 am

Delfino