[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - DPS gains from Underfoot AAs

DPS gains from Underfoot AAs

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: DPS gains from Underfoot AAs

Postby Kjan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Just shows you that devs play sk's over pally's :p

seriously if none of these new shiny AA's will provide any increase to our already crap dps and the devs are giving false hope into scaling our dps up towards just below warriors (how far are behind are warriors behind sk's anyway) I may as well throw in the towel and quit.

unless SoE make a marketplace token that allows me to change to an sk i'm out, I've lost faith in the dev team who seem to have no intentions in looking at our dps issue
Kjan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Augi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 am

this doesnt have anything to do with uf dps per say just a general dps question. i dont get is why they let the flame of light line die. Thats the only spell like that we get. im curious why not upgrade it like they did with the sk spear line and make it like that. That would give us some extra dps just to have when killing mobs and make life as a pally a bit easier an a lot more fun to play.
Augi

Rogue Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Vaindolf » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:10 am

I personally think we got enough spells to mem and mash as it is, would rather see some better AAs for 2hander mostly now as 1h+shield almost became the dps choise now and some kind of better burn disc.
Vaindolf

Postby balladish » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:56 am

Somehow I find it hard to quit a game I have invested so much time in.

I still haven't bought UF - and from what I'm reading from people who have played the new expansion for a while now, I don't think I will.

I've gone back to doing DoD missions for my mask clicky. I guess our dps suffices when beating on greens and light blues from an expansion eons ago.
balladish

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 pm

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby volklore » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:38 pm

The dps issue is a problem yes but its been going on for sometime now but beside that underfoot is actually a pretty good expansion from what ive seen with any expansion u will have your this sucks moments but overall its one of the better ones they have done i think.
volklore

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby balladish » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:53 pm

I've gotta say I appreciate the positive UF feedback. Thank you.
balladish

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:20 pm

personally im havin fun in UF. been in it ALOT have the group progression done (which was fun), the first 3 raids were a Trip, Im not max aa (just under 3k) and still quite a bit to buy and ive been flyin thru aa's pretty decent rate, was fun to solo Volska and make a monk cry. Revenge from PoFear is so sweet :D Still augs to get farmed out, aa's to farm, and LOTS of achievements i wanna finish. Yes the Achievements gives you a whole new personal goal to work on. even if u dont step foot into UF, theres class specific achievements u can work on, etc. So yeah, i recommend UF despite whatever class u wanna be.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Frankyzpub » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:32 pm

It was nice to see some undeads in semi relevant content( first tier missions).But considering numbers thats been posted in previous posts makes it so that SKs 4 k lifetap procs AA line alone gives them probably a bigger dps increase then ALL of our "offensive" AAs put together.We share most of those AAs with SKs so its not just us and im not looking for a sk nerf btw.

Stuff like twinproc is aprox a 1 dps increase seriously unless your using pet procs or bigger then 240 dd procs(2 proc per min + combat effect +weapon affinity =aprox 4,7 proc per min maxed and twinproc is 9% trigger rate maxed so 1 add proc every 10 procs or so translating in 1 add proc ever 2 min (thats with maxed CE and WE,one per 3 min with base numbers).So do the math 1 add proc per 120 sec.Need a 240 dd + proc to get more then 1 dps gain.(cuz 240(dmg) /120 (sec) =2dps).Really twinproc coulda been 33-66-100% trigger rate increase and it woulda been a extremely lame increase since procs havent changed since year 2000-2001.A 300 dd proc produce aprox. 11.75 dps (300(dmg x 4,7(procs mer min) /60(sec)=23.5dps(it dosent take into account crits and increase crit size AAs but those add at most 30% more dps overall so maybe 40 dps ( if your really generous and lucky on resists and rolls).Imagine that we woulda gotten a whole 40 dps more if twinprocs was set at 100% rate.( watch out i woulda go solo tower with that ).Just died a little inside doing those numbers realising its like 40 AAs for a actual 1.5 dps increase.Granted its alot better for dual weilders with 4 procs but keep in mind the 2nd procs off waepons have a 50% trigger rate at best i beleive and that twinprocs only works on waepon procs and that most folks will aim for dmg augs in aug slot (who can blame them at 11,75 dps at 0 resists for a 300 dd proc)

P.S. :The title should read : DPS gains for Underfoot AAs (or the lack of...)
Frankyzpub

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:10 pm

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:57 pm

UF got lot of nice content and addition, no reason to not buy it.

Our class being the sux has nothing to do with UF ;p.
boukk

Postby Frankyzpub » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Frankyzpub

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby conanan » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:54 pm

conanan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:21 pm

when your raid leader says, "OH SHIT", thats where were the best. were the best oh shit class. Thats when were the best tanks, best healers, best cc, etc. We are the Miracle workers of a raid. When war's go down and someone has to tank, we represent. When a groups healer dies and that group needs healed, we represent. When the ENTIRE raid needs to be cured, Guess what..thats us.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Genadinee » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:36 am

Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:59 am

I pretty much agree with what Knytul said exept that part about the curing entire raids. We do add alot of endurance to AE fights and can pull out some tricks to patch things up when they go bad. But all that is beside the point.... our effectiveness shouldn't require a disaster, nor should our DPS ability be crippled for that.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:42 am

boukk

Postby Zanador » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:22 am

Uh Cellan do you even read what spells do? Slash of Sanctification cures the entire raid. And we got enough strong areas ie everything but dps we don't need to be strong in that as well. Learn to use what you have or reroll seriously this is getting old.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby knytul » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:46 pm

seriously folks, when u start raiding Underfoot, your opinions on things are gonna change DRAMATICALLY
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Abazzagorath » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Splash of sanctification is like sex for Underfoot raids.

It's absolutely amazing.
Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:34 pm

I read it's a free target heal.... not a zonewide heal or anything crazy like that. Then again I don't have the spell so can't speak firsthand.
And I don't think anyone here is parading to be strong DPS. Rather to be reasonable.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Previous

Return to Spells & Abilities