[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Rune Disc

Rune Disc

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Rune Disc

Postby Opfor » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Frankly as an SK I have no idea what the Pally version is called, the SK ver. Malarian Carapace, at rk 3 it lasts 1min, absorbs up to 30k (ish) dmg, at 25% and costs 8K+ end. Not great but all we got, untill I looked at the new glyphs.

Glyph of the Master

Class: none
Mana: 0
Casting time: 0 sec
Skill: Special
Target: Self
Duration: 00:03:00

Slot 1: Mitigate Melee Damage by 50%, 50000 total
Slot 2: Mitigate Spell Damage by 50%, 50000 total

Did any of you notice this? It costs 5AA, which I feel is fair for the ability, but are we (knights) getting an upgrade to our lines?
The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry
Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Rune Disc

Postby Nodden » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:11 pm

The pally version is called Armor of Endless Honor and it's a vie type disc.
Don't know if we are getting any upgrades to it apart from the standard increases that come with extra levels. It is more or less useless in raids so I think that rk3 at least should get a massive boost. Warriors might get mad and so on though :P .
The glyph I suppose is balanced with the aa cost in mind and not considered when tuning class abilities. It does kinda highlight the weakness of our disc though.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Opfor » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Also note the glyph mitigates melee and spell, I now the sk version only does melee dmg I of course cant speak for you all.
Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:32 pm

The pally and sk discs are identical.

Yeah the old glyph also mitigated both spell and melee dmg. It doesn't overly concern me as long as the disc/glyph doesn't run its course when tanking anyway.
Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Opfor » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:10 pm

Let me put it this way, it seems like now would be a great time for knigths to ask for a solid vie disc upgrade given the glyph.
Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Go for it. Good luck! :)
Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:40 am

We need a solid upgrade in general. When tanking group named, my defensive will never run its full course due to the damage cap on it. I get less than 30 seconds out of it against a raid target. One of the most common requests on these boards for the new expansion is to remove the damage cap entirely and I'd be happy with that.

That Glyph looks like alot of fun, something I would use during a "oh crap" moment when you need to throw the kitchen sink. Now would it stack with our defensive? Based on the Slot of the spell and our current defensive being a slot 5, it seems like it should, thus still giving us a useful advantage over other classes.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:02 am

I guess those in beta should start a thread on it.

1 either remove the dmg cap

2 or double dmg absorb and up absorb to 30%.

Sure is worth a try.
boukk

Postby Pethdor » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:29 pm

imo not much sence to even have a timer. It needs to be either timed or dmg mitgation not both
Pethdor

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities