[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Underfooot AA Suggestions *round 2 ends July 20*

Underfooot AA Suggestions *round 2 ends July 20*

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Underfooot AA Suggestions *round 2 ends July 20*

Postby Hulkling » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:45 pm

aight as most of you saw, Elidroth is asking for more AA ideas. I gave Nodyin the original list we had, so this'll be round 2 for Elidroth. EQ Players let the cat outta the bag for some of the "new" ones, so try not to repeat those we're already getting.

- List your top 5 AA requests....no particular order.
- I'll submit the top 5 or 10 or so most requested on Monday, July 20th.
- Edit your post as much as you want till the submit date.
- This is for suggestions only, so keep debate to a bare-minimum. If it gets outta control I'll be editing off topic shit.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: Underfooot AA Suggestions *round 2 ends July 20*

Postby Hulkling » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

- Gift of Ressurection 2: 96% Rezz
- Proc Enhancement: increases damage of our imbue proc line.
- LoH-Based Divine Intervention: Triggers and Consumes LoH on death blow.
- Pegasus
- Hybrid Specialization: grants skill in one or more Specializations (Evocation, Abjuration, etc). I.E. help us with shitty fizzles.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Sorry man im gonna have to go more than 5, but ill keep editing until the end date, maybe get down to 5 afterwards :P

- Gift of Ressurection 2: 96% Rezz
- Pegasus
- Hybrid Specialization: grants skill in one or more Specializations (Evocation, Abjuration, etc). I.E. help us with shitty fizzles.
- Added Blessing of Life: Adds a 1 dd stun proc to Blessing of Life procs allowing chance for Healing Light to proc too.
- Celestial Regeneration (Equal to our current single target HoT since prathun wont fix this up to Equal the value of Potion HoT)
- Disruptive Intervention [activated aa, once per 20? minutes that, when used, makes your next cast of Force of Disruption a duration ability: FoD hits the target once per tick for one minute (or maybe 30 seconds?)]...Either activated or just small % chance.
Blessed Hands: Passive AA makes lay hands also cure all detrimentials on target (akin to AA purification so everything but rez effects)
Last edited by knytul on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:20 pm

1.) Hand of Life (consumes LoH and HoP and grants a HoT to each member of the group that is the same duration as LoH's HoT, but perhaps a bit weaker in value)
2.) Deflection Mastery [Adds one tick to the base time of Deflection (pre-req = max shield block at then-current value)]
3.) Disruptive Intervention [activated aa, once per 20? minutes that, when used, makes your next cast of Force of Disruption a duration ability: FoD hits the target once per tick for one minute (or maybe 30 seconds?)]
4.) Celestial Regeneration (at least half of what will be the then current max-value for clerics)
5.) Shackles of Tunare AA
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Zanador » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:01 pm

I posted it on the other thread but all I want
I can think of 2 different aa's.
I don't care if it's 12 aa a rank but an aa to lower recast time of Gift of ressurection. Like 3 ranks at 12 aa per for a 5 second reduction per rank. I don't know about anyone else but even will the spell loaded and cycling them alot of times in oh shit situations I need that dam thing to refresh faster.
Again i don't care if it's expensive as hell aa wise but a guaranteed no fail like usable once every 5 min single target taunt for those times where you need aggro NOW. Hell give it to the wars and sk's to.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby SirRithgar » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:17 am

Holy bash-30 second reuse with boosted dmg over regular bash or maybe call it Rapid Bash

Pegasus-No hint of pink color please

Hybrid Specialization- grants skill in one or more Specializations (Evocation, Abjuration, etc). I.E. help us with shitty fizzles.

Shackles of Tunare AA

Fury of Brell- activated dps boosting aa (simular to monks Zan Fi whistle with a much longer reuse)

SirRithgar

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Zanador » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Yeah now that i think about it a Shackles of Tunare AA would be freaking hot as long as the recast isn't stupid on it.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby Normy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:43 pm

- Gift of resurrection2 : (I would say 96, but honestly it needs to be equal to the highest castable rez. I am putting the disclaimer because I don't want clerics to get a 98 and then all my rezzes are being rejected again because people don't know how to xp, so 96 as long as it doesn't go up any).
- proc enhancement
- Hybrid Specialization - Getting really tired of having the same spell fizzle 3 times in a row when I need to cast it.
- Group HoT: stackable with casted single target HoT
- Quick cure (like quick buff, but focused on single target cures, lowers cast times)
Last edited by Normy on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:44 pm

How about a version of the cleric Strong root AA who would decrese the likelyhood of shackle of tunare breaks.
Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:59 pm

My top 5
1) Shackle of Tunare AA (same cast time, same recast timer)
2) Chance to be ressurected upon death
3) Another Rank of Fervent Blessing/Hastened Piety
4) Healing Curse
5) Ranks of Hastened Radiant Cure and/or more ranks of radiant Cure
Last edited by Sir Lucan D`Lere on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:12 pm

1. % aggro reduction toggle on/off ability
2. shackles as an AA same cast time/same recast
3. Quickened cure AA, allows for our targeted cures to have reduced cast times.
4. Pegasus
5. Unsanctified heal- allows for our burst heal to be used as a Nuke for the duration of the timer.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Harroo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:49 pm

1 - AE taunt
2 - Single target unresistable taunt
3 - Improved DPS vs. Live mobs... either a pet or swarm pets (or both), aa dps disc, aa- triggered ability to allow undead nukes to hit live mobs or something (anything, as long as it dont take anything away from the class)
4 - Fast cast, Low resist Shackles aa
5 - Grp HoT
Harroo

Server: Druzzil

Postby Lisene » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Already mentioned but I'll add my vote:

1. AE Agro (not really concerned whether max 4 or pbae since both have their pros and cons and we can figure it out situationally)
2. LoH based DI to trigger LoH on death blow or unconscious
3. Shackles or Strong root AA
4. Increase movement for our mount - rolled a female pally so I can deal with the unicorn but if we need to change to a pegasus that's fine. What I would like is a movement increase to Seru mount speed. Our pony used to be the fatest in the game bar Seru etc mounts, and now all the Lon mounts are at least as fast.

New (haven't seen it anyway):
5. Crushing Light: Enables healing light procs on crushes.
This is one of those minor annoyances to me. If I'm on Blue mobs I'll have the 2 hander up and want to be doing max dps, so crushes get loaded. If I'm on Yellow + content I'm in turtle mode with shield and 1 hander and want whatever I can get in the way of mitigation. So when stuns are useful mitigation crushes are up, and when Crushes are the more appropriate spells I often find myself loading my stun set.
Lisene

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:22 pm

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Lisene » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Lisene

Paladin Main

Postby kolor » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:57 am

- Mana/Endurance Recovery on Death AA (maybe 5 ranks of 3% per rank or something)
- Quickened Curing (This ability decreases the reuse time of Radiant Cure by 10 percent per rank)
- Deflection Mastery [Adds one tick to the base time of Deflection (pre-req = max shield block at then-current value)]
- Proc Enhancement [increases damage of our imbue proc line + chance to proc Force of Disruption or a spell stun for Healing Light (pre-req all levels of Disruption)]
- Pegasus Mount (needs to be guaranteed to be the coolest mount possible for all of eternity to make up for the unicorn)
Kolor Kolossus
Holy Defender of Firiona Vie
(Level 85 Paladin of short stature)
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Postby Tenai_Bertox » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:44 pm

AA suggestions:
- DI tied to LoH trigger
- Weapon specialization (increases one of the five (excluding archary, HTH and throwing) weapon skills to match or exceed warrior levels)
- Gift of resurrection rk2 (96%)
- Shield other (similar to warrior skill, except a shield most be equipped)
- AE agro

Tenai Dragonslayyer
85th level paladin of Phantom Raiders
Bertox
Tenai_Bertox

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Denak » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:51 pm

Couple AA suggestions I would be interested in seeing.

Clicky Bandolier - Allow you to place 1-5 items on a hotkey bar that acts like an open inventory slot (for clickies like vish shoulders and the like)
Nullify Magic - AA version of the spell. Just a useful spell that is kind of a pain because of the recast when memming (This would be an archetype SK/Pal thing at a minimum)

Most of the other ideas already posted sound great but these are two I didn't see that I know would be great for alot of people
Denak

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:14 pm

I'll edit later if I come up with others, but before I forget or get distracted by something shiny:

1. Gift of Resurrection II
90% xp / 25% mana. Adjust the mana percentage as needed for balance. If they wanted to put a recast on it for balance, could do so as long as it was a separate line and didn't impose that recast on Gift of Resurrection I.

2. Root
At least Shackles as an AA. Would be nice if had a bit more stickability.
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Wyvernwill » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Turayalon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:59 pm

1- AE HATE
2- Autotrigger LH
3-Divine Arb
4-Grp HoT
5-Shorten Reuse on Deflection disc
Turayalon

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:21 pm

1) Pegasus pet (not mount): invoke a pegasus(the pegasus you mount if we get one) to fight to your side,Could be use as a burn dps AA.
2) DI Lay hand.
3)Add Hot portion to HoP(and make it mgb able).
4)AA that would be a sortof equivalent of hate step, warp to the targeted mob, call it honor s attraction or whatever.
5)Shield mastery (or whatever it s called,+25% dmg using 1hand, i still dont think it s fair knight lost this advantage which was a long time one)
6)AA that make all heal you cast on yourself land for more, 10% first rank 20% 2nd rank 30% last rank.
7)96%+ rez
8) root or pacify AA.
9)Act of valor 2.0 : get you to 20% hp and damage the target for number of hitpoint lost.
10)lot more rank of heal proc.
11)pegasus mount
12) divine rez , self only.
Last edited by boukk on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
boukk

Postby Adol Krystin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:58 am

1) Autotrigger Lay Hands: Activates and burns LH upon death
2) 96% AA ress
3) Increased healing with Healing Light
4) Increased proc rate with Healing Light
5) Group Divine Aura AA--minus self. Let me explain: Throwing this out as a possible solution to our desired for AE agro. A group (minus self) Divine Aura ability. We get agro from all mobs because we reduce agro on everyone else in the group. Also, this makes sense from a role playing standpoint in that the paladin is protecting his/her party by "sacrificing" himself. What Act of Valor meant to be, but never played out in a practical sense. They seem to be willing to give us targetable Divine Aura, this doesn't seem far beyond that. It could be shorter duration than regular Divine Aura, say only 2 ticks, since obviously we would want the rest of the group to come back in and help before we go splat. Also it would be good for this to have a very large range so the whole group is covered.

Just my thoughts, thanks for reading.

Adol Krystin (the Rathe)
Adol Krystin

Postby Brohg » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:12 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:56 am

Copied the ones i like : 1 : Pegasus pet (not mount): invoke a pegasus(the pegasus you mount if we get one) to fight to your side,Could be use as a burn dps AA.
2 : Add Hot portion to HoP(and make it mgb able).

3 : Autotrigger Lay Hands: Activates and burns LH upon death (DI lh)

4 : root AA

5 : Shield mastery (or whatever it s called,+25% dmg using 1hand, i still dont think it s fair knight lost this advantage which was a long time one)

6 : AA that would be a sortof equivalent of hate step, warp to the targeted mob, call it honor s attraction or whatever.

7 : AA that make all heal you cast on yourself land for more, 10% first rank 20% 2nd rank 30% last rank.

8 : pegasus mount (fastest mount in game pls,+ levi)

9 : Divine REZ (self)

10: Add Hot portion to HoP(and make it mgb able).
Yeah, i put more than 5 idea, i think it s way too low of number option for a year cycle ext, feel free to cut some i guess ;p
Last edited by karkariace on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Warpeace » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:12 pm

-Improved Root - Shackels of Tunare is resisted or wears off too fast.
- Gift of Resurrection 2: 96% Rezz
- More ranks of Hastened Radiant Cure and/or more ranks of radiant Cure.
- Shield mastery (or whatever it s called,+25% dmg using 1hand)
- Shorten the Reuse on Deflection disc.
- Increase the healing potential of our single target heals.
Warpeace

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks all. Submitting this now!
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities