[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Old spells you still use

Old spells you still use

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Old spells you still use

Postby Hondo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:07 pm

So i've been looking around this site trying to get a feel for what it's like to play a pally after 6 years away from the class. Once the new server gets rolling there may not be a whole lot of time for me to "waste" on older content as we're trying to push forward relatively quickly. Just curious if there's any older spells that are still worth getting for use at current endgame. Thanks.
Hondo

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Old spells you still use

Postby Joejo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Short of saying that most spells that are available to you will or should make it easier and faster for you to get to the next spell arc, not really sure how low you are talking but I use very few spells that are lower than where I'm at unless maybe the stun lines if there is tagging involved, I don't want to stun him just make him mad because I tried to, hope that helps some.
Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Root and Dispell is the only 2 that come to mind from 65 and below...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:16 am

uhmmmm

divine aura
sense the dead
flash of light
Resurrection
valor of marr
invisi to undead
improved invisi to undead
yaulp line
lol

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:23 am

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 am

Well, starting at level 50, Yaulp line is probably still useful.

Resurection and DA are indeed both AA's, but depending on your use and what you plan on doing both can still find value. Besides, who wants to spend your first AA's on things that are really cheap and easy to get in spell form since they are situational at best?

Haste though, yea potions are way better. Get the spell if you are really broke and can't afford the pots to start with.

Flash of light has purpose if you are raiding, in group content I've not found any use. Invis to undead though, get these. Same thing as DA and rez, just because they are AA doesn't mean its the best use to spend your first AA's on them. Having them in AA form is convienience and unless you use these nearly every time you are on, there are plenty of other AA's to work on first.

Sense the dead has a few specific uses, being able to target the closest undead without having line of sight can be creatively useful, so it might be worth a few pp, but not exactly a must-own type.

Of course I cannot think of any others to add though. Thats why I've never bought the mastery of the past line, for the most part all of my most used spells are from the most current levels and therefore most would not be effected by that AA line.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:48 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 pm

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Oh I wasn't arguing that Mastery of the past didn't have a purpose, just that its been low priority to me because i need to use last expansion spells for it to work. Its a good line, I'll get it eventually, but for the most part my spell lineup comes from my newest expansion stuff save a few that work well even with upgrades.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Remove Greater Curse
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Aanalin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:03 am

cease - 15 mana aggro ..that can even proc a crit-group heal ! ..usefull when you get your mana drained (I know I get more regen than that)
Aanalin

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Shackles of Tunare
Divine Aura
Sense the Dead
Flash of Light
Resurrection
Valor of Marr
Invisibility versus Undead
Improved Invisibility to Undead
Cancel Magic
Nullify Magic
Remorse for the Fallen
Blessed Aura
Bulwark of Piety
Silent Piety
Silvered Fury
Cure Corruption
Burst of Marrow
Remove Greater Curse
Resist Poison
Resist Disease
Resist Magic
Cease
Spook the Dead
Halo of Light (to work conjuration skill)
True North (to work divination skill)
Benediction
Wave of Absolution

as mentioned, some can be gotten as AAs later on, but most are store bought so no reason not to get them.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Edivor » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Glad you included Silent Piety. I still use that on raids.
Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Thebobo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:06 pm

Flash of light definitely has its uses even now. Most of it being in the fun factor category.

Final Authority in agro battles –

When your raid is pulling when they should be plowing – one timely cast and /auto pull is on

Used to use flash of light on Queen in Depths of Darkhalow since mobs had no where to run. But what was neat was when the FoL wore off and if I was behind a tree stump or other object it became a ghetto mezz. It would freeze the mob as long as I was not LoS even after FoL wore off.

A pally friend of mine used Fol at earth entrance once and the mob ran off and agroed more mobs which became a chain effect with 2 other camps wiped, ledge and Skelly and then they came back for the zone in grp. Great fun considering it was back when guild rivalries where very instense and it was our evil rival guild camped out in the zone.
Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Wyvernwill » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:04 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:02 pm

For the sake of completeness, that argument falls down if using Aurora. You'd rather cast Aurora with 3 of your groupmates bleeding than with 3 of them *and you* bleeding.
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Edivor » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 pm

Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:57 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main