[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Desired Items for the Upcoming expansion

Desired Items for the Upcoming expansion

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: Desired Items for the Upcoming expansion

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:04 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby angelito » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:05 am

I will bench for Shiftie!

it's not that I don't want to weave spells for dps, but heals are important and aurora cast time already sucks our dps, although burst is fast but gem lock sucks bad, so paladins should be melee type dps because we are healing tanks and not really offensive spell hybrids like SKs. We weave our heals between swings already, cept on burn but most of the time we are assigned as backup healers to silk classes. Its not being lazy its about getting the most out of the class that SoE has made us already. Heaven fobid i bring up the reduce slay in favor of dmg dps, that would be most flamable here in this thread /duck
angelito

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:55 am

To be honest, I couldn't care less if they flat out removed slay and refunded the AA... you won't see flames from me on that one.

There's generally four subsections to EQ that people fall into... Tanking, Healing, DPS, CC/Pulling. The ONLY point we lack as a class is DPS. I see plenty of reason why we should have to sacrifice healing for DPS... that just makes sense to me. One could argue the point of SK self healing is fairly potent... but their healing is just that, self only. Our healing power CAN rival priests if we are in the role of a group healer... and anyone that has to ask how or why... really needs to pay more attention to their spells. ;) Our tanking does rival Warriors, in all situations, except those which require final stand to tank. As for CC/Pulling, it's an art form, and the new target window changes sound like they will make it easier. Yeah, root immune mobs exist, and FD splitting is going to always be a better means of pulling (avoid adds, versus deal with them)... however, it does work, and Shackles is quite a potent tool still.

Our DPS is abysmal, even in undead situations (which is only becomes moderate, unless really lucky).

What kind of surprises me is how often people complain about Paladins and their "role" in raids. Our role hasn't really ever changed since Luclin. We've always been a back up group healer, combat rezzer, offtanker, curer class. I'll admit, I am jaded as well... too often I've seen Paladins that were created because they wanted to pwn undead and win parses. When I hear complaints of DPS... it's nearly an immediate assumption I should try to cure myself of. Too many years as a raid leader watching unskilled Paladummies make me, and my class... look absolutely pathetic.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:50 am

I sorta agree Wyvern, way too many paladins complain yet don't seem to really understand all it is that a paladin can do. I'm a raid leader with my guild as well, so I see battles from alot of different perspectives, and even if I'm not leading I'm never bored. If I'm not needed for one role, I can find another pretty quickly. I even tank raid mobs if things get desprerate enough. If I'm not expected to tank something major, I'm generally the only healer for a group (I rarely lose people). And I remember the huge amount of spells I bring with me.

On the flip side, part of being a jack of all trades is that we end up being the master of nothing. And some of the latest changes to EQ leave us a little more than bothered by not being able to keep up in our roles. Example being group heals. I love my role as a group healer, I perform it well, but it would be nice if our group heal spell kept better pace with the huge increases in HP. Assuming I don't have HoP up, it takes me three group heals to top off my group from 40-50% health. Thats not the tanks, just general DPS, and my guild is not end-game content. Another is cures, our cure lines for some of the effects are so far behind that we aren't effective in the role generally.

DPS is just another example of this. We are still told that our undead DPS is off the scale, yet those of us that parse watch us get surpassed by all other melee DPS against undead over the last few expansions. No one is saying they need to nerf SK DoT damage in order to give them DPS gains elsewhere, but our slay needs to be nerfed in order to give us anything else apparently.

So really it just feels like alot of my roles that I love so much are just being stagnated to death. I probably wouldn't care that my DPS sucks if the rest of my abilities were still keeping pace. But no upgraded root in 20 levels, no upgraded paci in 40ish levels makes my pull ability stagnant. DPS is already discussed to death. My heals and cures are falling behind. My single unique buff line has fallen way behind.

I still have a role, but I would like to see some tweaks so that I will continue to have a role in the future.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Zanador » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:34 am

For a dps boost idea that would have zero effect on our undead dps how about running by the devs the idea of letting us dual wield our 1hers but if dual wielding slay won't trigger? Our 1h weapons hit for a ton compared to other 1hers so we wouldn't need skill increases or anything oddball other then the dual wield skill and it wouldn't effect slay one bit either but would give us more live dps.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby karkariace » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:24 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Zanador » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:39 am

Even at high end dps isn't really needed. At high end I ot or even in a pinch MT crap just fine, I heal in a group role or hell on certain events like Brext just direct heal with devout touch the MT and help keep him up no problem, and on other events I'm curing my ass off keeping people alive I can also kite or root all day long a mob if I need to. Do I think we need a dps upgrade personally? no we don't. I personally think we'd be better off with about twice the hp healed going on the next wave and the touch/burst lines getting doubled and aurora being allowed to crit and/or a group cure and maybe a better single target cure corruption. but if people gonna keep screaming dps boost cause I am a greedy ass and want to be able to dps like a zerker and have the current strengths we already have to!!! Then what about my post 2 posts up?
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby karkariace » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:00 pm

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Zanador » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Be excellent to each other.
Zanador