[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Heal Agro

Heal Agro

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Heal Agro

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 am

How do heal agro work ?
Is it like a nuke where you gain the full amount of agro no matter if you heal for 1 point or the full value of the base spell.
And is it capped in agro somehow ? with spells 1 dmg = 1 agro (i think) is it the same way with Heals (dosnt seem so to me).
I seem to remember along time ago that heal agro got changed due to the priest clases getting pasted but im not sure.
Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Re: Heal Agro

Postby knytul » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Amount you heal is in relative to Agro you pull off. Its nothing more than a side effect. You cant walk into an area of INdifferent mobs, cast a group heal, and get agro.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:08 pm

As was pointed out, its not totally known, so you'll be getting various opinions.

How I've viewed it is that you get agro back based on the base value of the heal, similar to how casters get agro (without the agro reducing AA's). So a crit heal will not get you any additional agro, same with a crit nuke. This is one of the reasons I find my group heals to be effective for agro purposes, because if my entire group is on agro with a mob, then it seems like alot of heal agro per cast.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Just my thoughts.

I am led to believe you get aggro for each heal cast and then an additional amount for how much those heals are for. I believe this is the reason that group heals are aggro bombs.

I believe it was also stated by a dev that a heal has a chance to not even generate any aggro at all. I see this when I am out of combat sometimes and cast a heal. I go into my ooc timer but not into combat for it.... the same applies to HoTs/buffs I have noticed.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Jace » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:45 pm

I personally think single target heals are stronger then group heals, point and case being burst of sunlight since Fall 2006. Besides that group heals are still powerful but it seems the consistancy isn't up there unless say you hit 4 or more crits on them. Yes challenge me please spam with useless parses, and I bet you the ones that do parse em don't use light spells too.
Jace

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:11 pm

I have noticed several times in the past that I can hit the MT on agro with a raid target with my Burst line, sometimes even several times, but it doesn't put me into direct combat, just gives me the timer countdown. So yea, I would say its possible that it doesn't always give proper agro, direct line or not. That might be why I see a bigger boost from my group heal, since it would be 6 seperate chances of giving me that heal agro.

And AoM being on a seperate line is intentional as far as I know. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 pm

If you landed your heals on the MT at full health, then you didn't actually heal him. No agro that way.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:37 pm

On test tube event in Tower healing a group of casters while we took out FV, as soon as the tank died on Tunat I got summoned from across the room. I did no dmg to tunat whatsoever, though I can't account for where the caster group was placing their dps. For all purposes they shouldn't have been on his hate list as they should have been focusing on FV. It would stand to reason then that a large portion of the mobs hate was based on the mobs AI.

Unless you guys can explain this aggro situation better, I was pretty stumped and it has happened a few times now.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Raid agro has always been funky. Its possible Tunat's agro is linked with FV's.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 pm

Well, in that same thread of logic, I have healed a ranger in my group who was WSing, I had just come back from an afk, it was my first action and was out of habit, wasn't on agro and that heal got me agro. So I really don't know. My thought is the somewhat random chance the mob has of noticing various heals, and since with group heals there are 6 different checks for crits and such on each member, it makes sense to think there would be 6 checks for mob noticing the heals. Thats why sometimes it seems group heals gets tons of agro, sometimes very little.

/shrug, just a theory.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:29 am

Found this thread at EQLive but could swear I have seen one where a dev posted with a couple details as well.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... c_id=91042
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities