[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AA idea

AA idea

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

AA idea

Postby Tallanor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:53 pm

The more and more I think about how to try and balance the dps balance difference between paladins and shadowknights, the more difficult the equation becomes. With increased spell damage, dot damage, harmtouch damage, pet damage and swarm pet improvements, the gap between the potential dps of the two classes will continue to increase with each new expansion. I am leaning towards an aa idea off of this that might be a way to pick up a little dps to minimize the gap a little. I am thinking of potentially an AA that would add a certain amount of base damage to a paladins weapon. It could increase with each expansion, maybe start with 4 ranks, increase base weapon damage by 2 damage, each rank. While it would not be overwhelming and does have the potential to effect our slay dps, it would be a small step upward, and would not require split knight weapon drops as we went forward. If the outcry would be totally against this, the increase in dps could also come from an aa to increase a paladins damage bonus on their weapons, that could also scale incrementally. Could be called Holy Blade, or Knight's Fire, or something like that. Just an idea I have been mullling over in my head, thought I would throw it out there for potential feedback.
Tallanor

Server: Erollisi Marr

Re: AA idea

Postby Brohg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:45 pm

I would not expect passive abilities to be added for your Autoattack button to keep up with managing a pet and chaincasting 5+ spells as they rotate. I'd call something like that Knight's Holy Unfair Bullshit Blade.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:49 pm

lol
+1 brohg

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Arslayn » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:37 pm

While funny and somewhat agreed , I dunno as a Paladin I have to cast the same 3 or 4 spells for agro plus my 1-2 for healing only thing missing is the extra 1 button pet attack.... so maybe yer not so on base as you'd like to believe. I mean its not like Sk's have any extra passive defensives or DPS they use like a rune shield or large self DS right?
and
"Not all that wander are lost, and not all that glitters is gold"
Defenders Of
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:05 am

Yea, increasing the base auto-attack damage for paladins only is not the route to go, it would be called out and probably rightfully so.

SK's in order to max their damage have to sacrafice alot of their spell gems and really focus on that specific task. It would only be fair to have something similar for paladins if you wanted to call it balanced. I'd want an AA line that increases the damage of my weapon procs, just like the SK's have for their innate lifetap procs. Besides that, give me upgraded crushes that deliever more damage, give me a insta cast nuke with a reasonable recast(scaled in power to be a little less than the insta cast SK DoT), and make our current undead nuke hit live targets but with bane undead added to it. Give us one more single-target hate AA ability that has a unique timer similar to our AA interupt now.

It really should be a sacrafice of some of our other abilites in order to do increased DPS, not just a free add-on for being a paladin. Course all these ideas are taken from the other, much longer thread about slay undead.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:36 pm

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box