[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Sneak peak at Class AAs for next expan.

Sneak peak at Class AAs for next expan.

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Sneak peak at Class AAs for next expan.

Postby Hulkling » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:45 am

The usual suspects are getting more ranks like LoH, HoP, Blessing of Life, AotI, FoD, Healing Light, Divine Stun. Spires will not be upgraded, that was a 1 time deal. New ones so far include Twin Slay, and AoV 2 (I guess thats an upgrade, but its so old it feels new lol), and Group Unicorn. He said 2 or 3 more new ones will be added before its over. Arch and General are still in work, so no news there yet. I don't exactly have a warm fuzzy for these 3 new Class AAs, so hopefully something worthwile will be added.

I submitted Twin Slay as a joke :oops: but I guess Nodyin liked the idea because he can control it better than Slay Undead, in which 6 ranks were removed (and hopefuly refunded). Didn't get to test it so no idea how its going to work. AoV2 - well we finally get our MGB heal, but we have to commit suicide to use it /sigh. The heal amount seems roughly equal to what our naked Hitpoints would be, which is complete ass so I'm hoping thats a bug or we can get the heal amount drastically increased. Group Unicorn is not an actual mount, but a short duration unicorn illusion with run speed. I think its equal to knight horse speed, but not certain. Seeing as it leaves a buff icon, I'm guessing it can be MGB'd? (didn't think to test it). Either way heres a screenshot:

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: Sneak peak at Class AAs for next expan.

Postby Ughbash » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:47 am

Interesting post for April 1 :)
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 am

nah they unlocked Beta server for the CLs and a few others with NDA's so we're able to check things out periodically. This is one of the few things we're allowed to pass on. I'd be worried if the Dev's were playing April Fool's joke on us, but these went in last week.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Coupdvil » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:13 am

Coupdvil

Postby Dawgrit » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:10 am

So let me make sure i have this right...

6 levels of slay removed (Slay back to the level of Luclin)
Twin Slay (whatever that is) added
Group "Unicorn" added
And AoV 2

If this is not an April Fools joke then the coming expansion is going to be a dark time for paladins...
Dawgrit

Paladin Main

Postby Unmei » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:20 am

The responses to this post are so much funnier than the original...
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:18 pm

sadly,the OP wasn't meant to be funny.....
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby balladish » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Yeah, ok - so I'm not sure if this is a joke or not. But if this is indeed the plan of the devs for the next expansion, then I am forever and unequivocally shift-deleting my EverQuest account.
balladish

Paladin Main

Postby Arslayn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Well since this may not be a joke Illl add my thoughts to it, AoV is a serious waste always has been since if it gets to a point where the raid might need this heal then odds are the Knights are the ones tanking and your death wont stop a wipe. Paladins as a class are one of the few Buffing/Healing classes that can not offer a meaningful MGB heal/buff that can benefit a raid atleast it seams without having to Die and remove ourselves from the fight(weee thats making the game fun for us Devs) Before the inevitable trotting out of Brells and Group heals, Ill state that sadly with the mudflation and poor itemization our GH's are falling behind and will continue to be more and more behind.
As to the loss of Slay, I really hope the increase of live mob DPS is Fn huge, or then the Devs will have lived up to there potential when it concerns the paladin class.
I have my acct active thru a 2 year plan till just about Expansion release this year, I plan to see what the Expansion brings and for the very first time in almost 10 years, if I dont like what Im seeing I will stop paying, I wont ride it out, I wont make due like I have in the past.This game is supposed to be more fun than annoying and sadly for me the fun has been on a slide and the annoying has been on the rise.
For those that will follow my post with the Dont let the door hit ya speech, I wont of that you can be sure.
and
"Not all that wander are lost, and not all that glitters is gold"
Defenders Of
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:11 pm

so lets see...they want to remove 6 ranks of Slay undead, but give us Twinslay so basically...wed end up with LESS than what we have now. Group Unicorn yes is a waste considering 90% of the community HATED the unicorn. AoV 2 has potential but from what i read here, they messed that up too. All im seein is a giant waste of time for the expansion and MORE Paladins quitting EQ...No offense Hulk, but this next expansion is looking worse than this last one..
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Tuathadendannan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Hopefully this is a joke but if not, I Too will most likely be leaveing EQ, It's hard to stay loyal when one feels a constant sense of betrayal.
Tuathadendannan

Postby Ughbash » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:37 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:42 pm

That pic made me LOL. Oh my.

'Is that how Paladins get their wings?'came to mind.

Sorry, couldn't help myself on that one.

Good times, and it might be that they were setting you up for it Hulkling. Too funny
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:02 pm

If this is pucker Gen and not some stupid joke then for a fact I'm gone. I'm not giving up my Class defining ability for a gimic AoV2 will be never used and Group Pegasus is pointless.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Apart from the silyness of the aas themselves there's the fact that they would never give info on new aas this early. Rest assured that this is a joke.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:53 pm

nice april 1st ;p
The pic you posted is an old one, which kind off alone betrayed you ;p
boukk

Postby chordling » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:43 pm

The most amusing part in that pic is Leerah getting rogered by a horse, anyone from quellious will know what I'm talking about :p
chordling

Bard Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:52 pm

ok I think I'm busted :P One thing that is true is the Spires will not be upgraded. Those were intended as a one-shot deal. Everything else is BS.

Humping hornycorn screenshot curtesy of Jyve from like 2 or 3 betas ago. :lol:
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby JyveAFK » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:18 pm

I'm denying all knowledge of this.
JyveAFK

Postby Arny » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:40 pm

So that's the result of crossing a Boy Scout with a Holy Steed?
Arny

Postby Arslayn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:58 am

Im happy to hear this is a joke, however doesnt change the latter half my post I will wait for Xpan but if its as dismal as this one then Im done.
Arslayn

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:07 am

That was brilliant Hulkling. :)

I blame Ugh for giving it away way too early. Unmei was very subtle, and I as usual was about as subtle as a locomotive going through your living room... but I still blame Ugh. :)

You gave me a really good laugh with that one. I am tempted to adding to my signature, a link to that pic, and the byline 'A Paladin gets his wings'
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:11 am

yeah I attempted some damage control for both Ugh and Unmei....buttheads!

we got an honorable mention in the Berserker AA thread....about the 11th post down.
http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5819
(bewared of the Hassle Crotch...its disturbing)
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:42 am

Lol this was great Hulk. I read this yesterday morning before thinking about what day it was, and I was legitimately confused. First how such data was already released from the NDA, second how god-awful the "ideas" were, and third why one of the horses was mounting another and that was the screenshot chosen.

The picture was finally what broke through to the functioning part of my brain and I realized it was a prank. Made me laugh really hard.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Tuathadendannan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Tuathadendannan

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Like I said first thing I thought of when reading it was April Fools.

So I tried to head off the mass bitching that would come if people assumed it was real.
Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Arslayn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Heh it wasnt an honorable mention :P that is my post, I have a paladin(first class I ever played in EQ starting back in 2k) and I also have a raiding level Berserker that I play also. So my daily routine = Check E-mail, Check Guild boards, Check Samanna's + Paladin section, Check Goberseker, Check an annonomous other Forum, Check several Web Comics including OoTS, repeat as necessary several times a day.
Arslayn

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:37 am

Lmao, got me.
karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities