[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Atone

Atone

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Atone

Postby shiftie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:59 am

Can we push for a version of this? Since they refuse to give us pacify any chance we could try this route. Clerics learned this spell at level 32 - I think by level 85 we should be able to learn this skill/spell

Slot Description
1: Memblur(1%)

Mana: 60 Skill: Alteration
Casting Time: 4.5 Recast Time: 12
Fizzle Time: 1.5 Range: 200
Fizzle Adj: 25 Deletable: Yes
Interruptable: Yes Target Type: Single
Spell Type: Beneficial Category: Mem Blur
Source: Live 02/07

Classes: CLR/32
Duration: Instant
Items with spell: Water Sprinkler of the Forgiven | Spell: Atone

Cast on you: You feel forgiveness in your mind.
Cast on other: Someone calms down.
Game Description: Calls upon the judgment of the gods, allowing a chance for the target to forget those that have harmed them.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: Atone

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby boukk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 pm

boukk

Postby shiftie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 am

btw you can root pull and memblurr just one example of its uses.

The Devs have denied Pacify for 30 levels? I think that indicates their feelings on the matter. I would like to see a version of this spell possibly with a slightly higher chance at memblurr. It could be an answer to FD considering Rez is available to everyone now.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:29 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:16 am

boukk

Postby Normy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 am

Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:56 pm

For all the asking for an improvement to pacify from level gap to level gap and expansion to expansion, I am positive it never got forgotten.

The root/memblur looks kind of attractive. I would imagine that to come with a 30 second recast timer, but that means 5 minutes recast knowing SoE. And for all we know, it would end up on the same timer as our primary stun.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Abazzagorath » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:32 pm

boukk

Postby frocus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:18 am

Paci died in Kunark with our Paci cap at 55. We got no upgrades in Velious, Luclin, POp or any of the other expantions since. It has been asked for since long before the SoF Beta. If I recall correctly when it was asked for in Pop pallies weren't intended to be a pulling tank.
frocus

Postby shiftie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:46 am

While I wasn't really looking to get into an argument about pacify. In 99 I used this spell and continued to use it through kunark etc. I loved the ability. Sure we haven't had an upgrade in forever and I am well aware. I don't necessarily want pacify back...(I would love to see it readded but I don't forsee it happening so I'm looking for another answer).

I didn't say I wanted a cut and paste version of Atone. I wanted a version of it and they could tune/balance it as they see fit. As I have said previously here and in other threads, FD/Rez were skill sets balanced between the knight classes. Since we have lost Rez as a skill set due to mercs that have made it readily available to all classes I thought it would be cool to try and get a new skill set to add to our utility.

cheers,
Shiftie
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 am

boukk

Postby Tuathadendannan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Root memblurr is a great idea.
Would like to see paci make a return for us, that will never happen, it sure was alot fun though when we were able to use it, i think the dev's lost the indivudal "fun factor" of this game a long time ago.
Tuathadendannan

Postby Abazzagorath » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Last edited by boukk on Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boukk

Postby shiftie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 pm

If you two are done arguing about pacify can we maybe start talking about atone and whether or not people would like to see a version of this spell added to our spell lines which would allow for more versatility.

As mentioned by someone else a root with a memblurr would be cool.

anyone else have any other ideas?
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:57 pm

boukk

Postby Grungloe » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:28 pm

Stun Blur. Would need to be consistent, but not usable more than once every couple minutes as not to infringe upon "pulling classes".
Grungloe

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:56 am

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Ughbash » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:33 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:28 am

well since we use stuns to generate aggro having one that sheds aggro doesn't make much sense to me but then again I'd have to see it in action to really make a decision.

I wouldn't mind if it had a longer recast than 15 or 30 seconds, if you are clever zone geography and aggro radius can allow you to get single pulls most of the time it is when they are in packs etc that a skill like this would be useful. I love our shackles of tunare spell and I use it an amazing amount, the cast time is the major advantage but the resist check etc are the disadvantages so you have to keep recasting. This is basically something to use in a pinch to get out of trouble rather then to turn us into a pulling class. Playing ghetto CC should the chanter die or something to that effect adding to our versatility and survivability. Or at least that's the way I would envision it.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:51 am

As much as a stun that blurs makes more sense (logic wise), i d vote on the root.
boukk

Postby Unmei » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Enchanters have to pay 15 AAs to get castable blurs that are nearly 100% reliable. They may look poorly on you guys getting it 'for free'.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Normy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:27 am

Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Unmei » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:35 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:58 am

I don't believe its level capped (correct me if I'm wrong), so theres zero need for an upgrade.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Unmei » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:05 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Cellan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:06 am

The rootblur just sounds good to me with a 30 second refresh and a duration on the root that matched it. That would allow us to neutralize 1 possible add per pull, if there are 3+ mobs in a huddle we would have to bite the bullet with the rest of them. It's not so much about Enchanters trying to memblur mobs to set the group free to go about it's business as it is about helping pullers out or pulling when no others are available for the job, so I wouldn't go so far as to try comparing it to Enchanters memblur abilities. With a long recast, of the sort, it would useable once per pull and if we did use it free the group from a ghetto-mezzed add then whatever really, I don't think any of it would do anyone harm.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities