[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New Spell for Next Expansion

New Spell for Next Expansion

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

New Spell for Next Expansion

Postby Kneesmasher1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:21 pm

I'd like to have a self-only heal spell. I know that sounds selfish, but I heal myself a lot during combat if the mob is challenging. It's very helpful to be able to add some of my own healing on top of the healing you are getting from the group healer, especially on Named Mobs that hit for 4-5k and especially if that healer is a Shaman since their heal spells are so slow to cast. I'm quite effecient at hitting my toggle key to go back and forth between the mob and myself and casting at the appropriate time with a mouse click. I can do it in a blink due to our fast cast heals.

But, it would be nice to have just one heal that was Self-Only where there was no need to target myself. It could still be interupted and all that, just like any other spell, but give it a cast time of 1 or 1.5 Seconds and make it Self-Only so you can spam it during tough fights to improve our survivability and assist the healer that's trying to keep us up without having to do all the toggle toggle toggle stuff. It doesn't even have to be all that mana effecient (just like all the rest of our heals) and can be more geared towards helping out on tough fights as opposed to an every day XP grind type heal and that can be managed with the mana ineffeciency.
Kneesmasher1

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: New Spell for Next Expansion

Postby boukk » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:40 pm

The other solution would be when cast on a mob, the heal is directed to yourself.

Much easyer, and dont need to create new spell.
boukk

Postby Ughbash » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kneesmasher1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:52 pm

You could make that into an AA that you buy. You could call it, Healing Reflection AA. Give it 5 levels. Each level reflects more of the healing ability to you. At level 1 if you cast your healing spell on a mob you have targeted, it relfects 20% of that healing back to you. Level 2 would be 40%, Level 3, 60%, Level 4, 80%, and level 5 would reflect all of the healing back to you.

Whatever works. I just hate toggling toggling toggling back and forth trying to spam myself during those hard Named fights and such.
Kneesmasher1

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:56 pm

aurora ???

we already have a self heal, 0 toggle required and at rk III it provides a 16k heal cast time is under 3 seconds... 0 recast and you can ultra spam...

although a reverse promised renewal would be cool, much like the spell the brownies cast during SoF, for them it provided a 12k proc heal they could always scale that down.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:45 pm

I like the thought, but I'd love something a little further than just a self only heal. I'd like a castable proc that stacks with our other procs that can proc a HoT on ourselves, maybe 18 or 24 second duration, same buff type as our LoH recourse but will not over-write it, so it could stack with everything else we have. It would renew my interest in my HoT crit AA's.

If a self-only heal is a route to go, I honestly would like that one to be more mana efficient than others so to force me to choose between which spell to cast where. I like our current spell lineups, but I think we should be good at keeping at least ourselves going when needs be without driving the crazy train to OOM land.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:51 pm

this sounds awfully like ur tryin to renew the whole Tunare fiasco...get a spell that is back like its former glory....
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:09 pm

True, that is going the route of WoT. So perhaps that should be avoided. I can dream though.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:10 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Aurora doesn't do what you need?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:27 pm

aurora doesnt, it split it between the grp, and doesnt work solo.
It s a grp heal period, not a self heal, got nerfed solo for a reason.
boukk

Postby Brohg » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:18 am

That's not what the OP asked about, though. He specifically described having a group healer that he wanted to supplement. I'm given to understand that Aurora is a superb self-heal when the paladin is tanking in a group, since it doesn't waste its power on undamaged group members.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:49 am

Aurora works great as a self heal for solo as long as you have a merc out and passive. Especially now that it's been fixed so a full time passive merc stops charging. It would also work fine in a group setting if noone else was damaged. But having it so limited makes it a hassle a self heal wouldn't be to bad to grant pallies tho I like the Idea toggling to drop a burst on myself for named to help the healer gets annoying.
frocus

Return to Spells & Abilities