[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Undead snare AA

Undead snare AA

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Undead snare AA

Postby Rasdom » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:11 am

Anyone else noticed that it don't work on vampires?
Both in DSK and in Solt when trying to snare a vamp i get the msg " This spell dont work on intended target bla bla" or something like it.
I find that a bit odd seeing that slays land very well.
Is the supposed to be like this or is it a bug?

\Ras

Rasdom

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Undead snare AA

Postby frocus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:43 am

It was happening with Vamps in Loping plains as well. Not sure if anyone every reported it or not but someone mentioned it in one of the threads before thanksgiving.
frocus

Postby Hulkling » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:14 am

hrmm I knew I was forgetting something. I'll ask about this.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:10 am

I've /bug'ed it a few times, but never saw anything else on this. Quite annoying since that was my main reason for buying it.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:11 pm

its random???? I thought it was set at 1.1 minutes.

Side note...anyone notice if detrimental duration focus extends this?
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:50 am

I don't think AA's are effected by worn focus effects, or am I remembering that incorrectly?
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:48 am

frocus

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:30 am

Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:54 am

Any update on this? I'm still not able to snare about half the undead in the game because apparently the target does not meet the requirements.

I've also noticed something completely different, but I can't help but think its related. I was camping the long camp for shadow step boots (yes I was just that bored) in The Tenebrous Mountains. I hit my group perfected invis to undead because I was walking away for a while. I wasn't worried about dying, I just didn't want the mob to run at low health when I wasn't there and get lost somewhere in the zone.

I came back like an hour later suprised that I was being attacked. I killed the vamp-type mobs there, slaying the whole time. I hit my perfected invis again, and noticed that every single mob there could see through it. They are all undead. And I couldn't snare them either. Are vampyre mobs not the same as undead in the coding of our AA stuff?
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm willing to bet it's something stupid like vamp's use a "human" model but are flagged undead and the snare/ivu look at model not mob flag.
frocus

Postby Normy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:40 am

/bump

I am seriously about to flood SoE with demands for my AA's back. So far my group perfected invis to undead doesn't work on half of undead mobs, and my undead snare doesn't work on most undead mobs. I really wouldn't think this would be such a difficult thing to fix, they already have undead flags attached to characters, and abilities that work only on undead, yet now two things that I've spent AA on are basically useless to me.

I've /bug reported things tons of times now, so they have data on it. Any chance you could remind them of this simple yet stupid issue again Hulking?
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:44 am

Yep, doing it now. Again.

So far got Vampires in Solteris and Loping Planes. Any other specific mobs names and zones?
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Dawgrit » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:40 am

The vampyres in TM seeing ITU has been that way since Luclin...I always just figured that they were "special" and could see ITU...=)
Dawgrit

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:02 pm

lol yeah. Not too worried about that.

Anyhoo...so far we've confirmed "Your target does not meet the spell requirements" on the following:

Vamps in Loping Plains
Vamps in Theater of Blood
Vamps in Dreadspire Keep (including the dancers)
Vamps in Solteris
Vamps in Tenebrous Moutains (and presumable Maiden's Eye - these also See through IVU)

didn't test Mistmoore Catacombs, if anybody gets around to that.

Also tested Mistmoore Castle - the oldworld vamps are snared just fine.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 pm

tell u one thing. ull have alot of pissed off puppies if they are immune in Unrest.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:56 pm

theres no vampires in Unrest.

Anyhoo, figured it out...in order for Bane: Vampyre to work way back in Luclin, the "Vampyre Undead" bodytype was created. All the properties of Undead, just seperated for the bane to work properly. Devs are looking to add the Vamp body type to Halt the Dead. Will keep ya posted when I get an ETA.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:43 am

Thanks Hulk, I'll keep my eyes open for any other mob types that its not working on like it should. But I think you have the majority of them.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:10 pm

How about get them to just change the bane weapons to regular undead instead, and just eliminate the bizarre extra bodytype. The lore reasoning made total sense when that was content people cared about, but now it's just game engine baggage.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:28 pm

I'm guessing because theres a brazillion and 1 mobs tagged as Vampyres and it'd take forever to go back and retag them as Undead. Think he's just gonna add Vampire in addition to Undead on the Snare. Hopefully it'll work.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Aight got an update - Vampyre will be added to Halt the Dead on the next TEST patch. If QA buys off on it then it'll go Live with the following live patch (hopefully).
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Fri May 08, 2009 9:22 pm

did some limted testing on Test server. Appears to be working on both undead and vampyre.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Fri May 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Woot, thanks Hulking.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Rasdom » Sat May 09, 2009 5:18 am

Yay great news, thanks Hulking
Rasdom

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sat May 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Any chance of getting it added to IVU, sunskin etc? Since it's probably not intended for IVU to not work on vamps.
frocus

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Sat May 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sat May 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Sun May 10, 2009 7:19 am

Mostly the list for the Snare aa Reg invis works on some of them like the Tenebrous vamps but haven't checked if reg invis works in dsk etc. for the Vamps.

I'll try to compile a list later this morning when I get off Graveyard shift. Will run to loping etc with a stack of cloudies and check invis vs IVU.
frocus

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Tue May 12, 2009 4:50 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Tuathadendannan » Tue May 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Was in unrest yesterday down in the basement and tried using HTD about 4 times, non stuck so I gave up trying bleh.
Tuathadendannan

Postby Hulkling » Tue May 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Fri May 15, 2009 12:10 am

Still nothing about it randomly fading? :(
Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main