[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Help with mana eff and focus on Burst spells

Help with mana eff and focus on Burst spells

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Help with mana eff and focus on Burst spells

Postby DaDave » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:53 pm

I'm trying to compare the two Burst spells (rk II) given my focus and mana conservation to see what is best for me with my current gear.

Burst of Dawnlight lvl 83
Heal 3817
Mana 1248
hp/mana = 3.06

Burst of Morrow lvl 78
Heal 3319
Mana 1156
hp/mana = 2.87

My mana reduction focus is 20% at 70 (lose 5% per lvl).

My first question is how is the 5% calculated? For a lvl 72 spell is it 20% * 0.95 *.95 or would it be 20% * 0.9?

Next, assuming I get Burst of Morrow efficiency (19% mana reduction for Burst of Morrow) how would that be calculated? Would it stack with my other mana reduction or would it overwrite it? Which spell would be a better Burst spell considering the Burst of Morrow efficiency focus?

Thanks in advance.
DaDave

Re: Help with mana eff and focus on Burst spells

Postby varutia » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:48 am

Higher and bigger forcus would overwrite the lower one, I think the game automatically calculates for you which one is better for the particular spell cast and use that, the forcus message when casting the spell should reflect that. When comparing the efficiency you need to think about the healing forcus as well.

Switch to Burst of Dawnlight I'd say, beneficial mana preservation not difficult to obtain any longer, new group gears got pretty nifty forcus.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:36 am

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:55 am

Also consider MoTP during a grind session. Once max level is purchased you can cast the level 80 spell without the fizzles. From my personal experience with the burst spell I prefer this spell over the newer version. I used to only cast this spell but with the new aurora lines I find myself casting it less. I do however still use it as a save and it helps a lot to not fizzle it when mobs can bring the heat.

Possibly off topic but I consider moTP when factoring mana pres, maybe the new resting mana regen reduces the overall effect but I still play as though it saves mana, and well I despise fizzles and when i fizzle a .3 second heal 4 times in a row it makes me want to /ex :)

cheers,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby DaDave » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:53 am

Thank you. I have a 45% heal mod at 85.

If I understand correctly, the following is true.

Burst of Morrow (45% heal, 19% mana redcution)
Heal = 3319 *1.225 = 4057
Mana = 1156 * 0.905 = 1046
hp/mana = 3.88

Burst of Dawnlight (45% heal, 7% mana reduction)
Heal = 3817 * 1.225 = 4666
Mana = 1248 * .965 = 1204
hp/mana = 3.87

Assuming the above is correct Marrow would be less mana intensive and if I got MotP then it would always work. So, for now, Morrow seems better until my gear changes.
DaDave

Return to Spells & Abilities