[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Soloing Haste

Soloing Haste

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Soloing Haste

Postby Yandroz Zzyzzx » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:39 pm

I've been soloing a lot lately trying to make it to 85 and I've been using Alacrity potions once any haste buff I may have had has worn off.

My question for you is this. What kind of benefit do I get from using haste from tribute or using bard song haste from tribute?

Is this a good as constantly drinking potions?

Does the bard song haste stack like being grouped with a Bard stacks?

I'm just trying to up my poor DPS all I can.

Thanks;

Yandroz

P.S. The tribute ability FLURRY is aparently a money soak. I tried it a little and the "flurries" were so rare as to be useless.
Brother Hayle says You have proven yourself worthy to hold Soulfire.
Inte Akera tells you: Take this sword, the Fiery Avenger.
Irak Altil says: Your selflessness has made it possible for me to redeem my honor.
Inte Akera tells you: I see you have Redemption.
Inte Akera says: You have proven yourself to be a powerful Paladin and a savior of all Norrath.
Yandroz Zzyzzx

Server: Luclin

Paladin Main

Re: Soloing Haste

Postby Unmei » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:23 pm

I don't really know what you mean by the 'bard song haste from tribute' but normal tribute haste is GEAR haste, not spell haste, so it won't stack with any worn haste you may already have, and will in no way substitute for potions. (Depending on your worn haste, you might do more DPS with tribute haste + potion than just with a potion, but the potion is essential either way.)
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby varutia » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:09 am

For me is one gear haste, then potion haste and last of all a clicky overhaste when soloing.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:14 am

Flurry tribute is not that expensive and the extra attacks help. Flurry is significantly cheaper than Accuracy and seems to add almost as much dps. I'll try a test copy one of these days and post no flurry tribute with accuracy and one with both if I ever get the time and have the bandwidth available.
Last edited by frocus on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
frocus

Postby Normy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:48 am

The haste potions are generally cheaper than any of the other level appropriate potions. 40 pp from a vendor if I remember correctly. Most areas worth soloing will have at least some vendor trash which will more than make up for the minor cost, I carry a few stacks everywhere.

If you have no worn haste, or just really low worn haste, then tribute haste is worth it. Anyone remember off-hand what the haste cap is between worn and spell? (not including overhaste) I want to say its 90%, so really a 36% worn haste and a potion is pretty much enough to nearly cap you anyway, but its early and my mind is fuzzy so I might be wrong.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:32 am

It was originally 90% but i think somewhere around luclin/pop haste cap without overhaste went to 100% and overhaste can raise it up to 125%
frocus

Postby Khauruk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:22 pm

Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby Tanot » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:22 pm

If you are using potions and your worn haste is less than 41% (and you aren't really low level) then tribute haste is worth it, otherwise it is pointless.
Tanot

Beastlord Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Luminarius » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:13 pm

I know this is an old thread but regarding Tribute haste, you say that if his worn haste is less than 41% then he should use tribute haste? As far as I could tell tribute haste maxes out at 25%, no? 5% per tier and 5 tiers max? that's all I can see on my level 75 pally at the tribute vendor...
Luminarius

Server: Prexus

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main