[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New Spell / AA Idea

New Spell / AA Idea

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

New Spell / AA Idea

Postby balladish » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:23 am

I posted this over on the EQ Paladin forums, I hope people don't mind me reposting it here - that board is not nearly as frequented as this one, and I would like to give this idea max exposure and get some feedback if possible.

While soloing in ROI this morning an idea hit me that I think might be something the devs would consider adding to our abilities. We have a Remore of the Fallen spell, which gives us a bonus on our next heal if we are the person who delivers the kill hit on a mob, lb or higher. How about a more advanced form of this spell, which not only gives this bonus, but makes the bonus stronger for each mob we deliver the kill hit on if we already have the Remorse icon up in the short term buff window? So, for example, I kill a mob and get the bonus buff icon. If I cast Remorse rank 2, (according to alla) I get a healing bonus of up to 80%. Then, I kill a second mob BEFORE having used up my old one. My bonus now GOES UP, say, 10%. And so on and so on, capped at, say, 200%. This would be a really nice soloing tool, where you could save your heal until you are really low on health for a really nice big possible healing bonus.

Is this something that peeps could use? Something the devs would consider? Thougths?
balladish

Paladin Main

Re: New Spell / AA Idea

Postby shiftie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:41 pm

I don't want to rain on your parade or anything but I think if the devs want to give us a new aa, I personally would like something "new" not just something we already have access to. I don't really see the point in adding the aa/spell you are wanting the effect you desire is only an epic click away. They have also added the first spire which also stacks with epic, remorse, aura, armor of the inquisitor. We already have a really powerful set of stacking focii allowing people to crit for close to or over 30k on a heal. I don't have the new burst heal yet so basing it off of older spell, but I'm pretty sure the devs would look at what we have and tell us we should just be happy with the current state of our heals. Although I wouldn't mind an aa line or spell that when we score the finishing blow it doubles the amount of aurora heals for or reduces the mana cost of that spell. I do however think that our current heals are doing just fine.

cheers,
Shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: New Spell / AA Idea

Postby Normy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:11 pm

The biggest issue I see with this is that it would primarily be a solo tool, and I'm guessing that the devs don't want us to be able to solo any better than we already do. In a group situation, as it stands remorse for the fallen is close to a junk buff with a long duration. Even on undead, I don't get the kill shot in a group enough to make it all that valuable. Getting it multiple times in a row is less likely.

That was basically the reason that AoM got changed if I understood it correctly. It doesn't work solo because it would give us a very large bonus while soloing given such a large, guarenteed heal.

Its not a bad idea, I just don't see it as likely.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities