[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Healing Light Radius Poll

Healing Light Radius Poll

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Change Healing Light?

Reduce heal range to 100
15%
Remove agro from the heal, leave range 200
21%
Leave as is
64%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 39

Healing Light Radius Poll

Postby Hulkling » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6304

Our AA group heal proc currently has a range of 200, and produces "AE" hate from the heal amount. This can unitentionally heal your puller and potentionally cause trains. What do you suggest?
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: Healing Light Radius Poll

Postby Peaky » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:23 am

I picked leave as is, but there are two important qualifications for me, specifically:

1.) I rarely group with monks/bards, because I like to pull;

2.) Unless the content is soooo hard I can't tank 3+ at once and/or we have no cc . . . I pull even with monks/bards in group. Monks are getting better/faster, but I'm still not satisfied with the speed of pullers - I would just as soon have extra mobs come into camp to keep me awake. For the case of being grouped with a puller on a raid . . . that's easy, just don't stun if you're grouped with them (as someone else mentioned) - use crushes. I was pulling 2-3 in K. Warrens last night, and they hit 5k; our CC consisted of me rooting the adds, and it worked just fine.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:38 am

reducing heal range to 100 just hurts the paladin and wont stop the "get aggro procing it on the puller" problem

"ae" aggro part on proc is iffy, its nice addition, but its the reason you get the train, the ae aggro portion isn't significant either, which if theres a huge problem thats the best part to fix.

the whole thing can be fixed if you use crushes tho instead of stuns when puller is pulling.
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:56 am

Let as is, big radius is nice on raid, and hate spell being able to proc some kind of ae hate is nice.
boukk

Postby Lisene » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:20 am

I voted the remove agro option as much as I like anything that comes my way there. Leaving it and dealing with it by using crushes as Riou said would be my 2nd option, but there's just times you'll want stuns up for no dmg agro.
Lisene

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:12 am

I voted on 100 radius as that matches our group heals range as well as the procs and recourses of other group heal procs. This includes recourses of cleric/priest hand of holy vengence and boff etc these tho aggroless in being recourses set a decent precident. And making the range 100 makes it something most pallies after a while get a feeling for gauging. Many monks and bards that i know also try to keep about that range when pulling just in case for splitting. :D

This excludes zones like ldon and such where keeping any distance for splitting means your 3 rooms away and noone can tag : P
frocus

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:12 am

if I had to choose, I would remove the agro from the heal. I already know how to gimp ae agro with my actual group heal. I don't find myself really needing an unreliable addition to my agro. Precise control is more important to me.

If no change can be made, I'm still pretty ok with it as is since as notes here, we have other ways of controlling agro now. It'll just be a learning curve like alot of our abilities.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Arny » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

I voted to "leave as is" for now at least untill we see if we really have a problem with it.
Arny

Postby Kashta » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:30 pm

I voted to leave as is. To me the benefits of having an additional tool for AE aggro outweigh the occassional inconvenience of needing to use Crush instead of stun as a tag spell to prevent healing the puller. I wouldn't really care if the range were reduced to 100, but don't really see that being a big help either. If I am in one of those (to me, anway) rare situations where i need to be concerned about not triggering the proc, I doubt I'd want to worry about what distance the puller is away to decide what spells to use. The extra range is nice, though not essential, on raids and situations where group members tend to be rather spread out.

~Kash
Kashta

Paladin Main

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:39 pm

I voted remove aggro as the detriment of having an "uncontrollable" heal can severely impact any group or raid. You might not always be thinking my puller is out splitting when you are trying to keep aggro with stuns, and suddenly 8 or 9 more mobs rush your camp. The other day almost killed my group because puller was trying to split out sparkbolt and I was merrily stunning the one in camp, luckily, he had FDed right before HL decided to trigger. Don't get me wrong, I like the aggro, and I would feel it should stay, if it were a bit more...reliable lol. Having random aggro will lead to many bad situations compared to the small benefit.
Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Postby Bonzz » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:12 pm

I voted leave it as is.

If you are in a group or a raid and you use this spell, it is because you need to an/or have to. The aggro is not a big issue in my opinion because it takes the MOB's off the healers/casters and onto you (maybe). This will allow healers/casters to better survive and do their job, while you are more capable of taking the hits and can be more easily be healed by the healer who may now free of aggro, while the DPS is more free to nuke the target.

Anyway -- if there are MOB's to aggro in a 200 range, your raid or group is propbably in a mess to start with, LOL.
The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth will set you free! All hail the Freeport Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

Bonzz of Bertoxx

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm
Bonzz

Server: Bertoxx

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities