[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Healing Light radius range problem?

Healing Light radius range problem?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Healing Light radius range problem?

Postby Lisene » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:54 am

I like new toys so grabbed the first level of healing light to test it out. Love it, and it procs nice and frequently.

However, we were chain pulling in the new Kurns so was short range pulls with high mob density and we were still fighting when the puller was grabbing more. The puller was getting grief about bringing too many at a time, and complained about always getting heals on the pull. Finally figured it was because he was receiving heals from Healing Light procs.

I looked up Alla and found this on it:

"AE Radius: 200"

That seems a little excessive for a group heal proc. I'm thinking we need this to be less than the normal group heals (Aurora: 100, Wave of Absolution also 100 according to Alla).

(edit: just looked up the Boff as the closest comparison here cause I never got it, but the Cleansing of Marr is AE Radius: 0)
Lisene

Paladin Main

Re: Healing Light radius range problem?

Postby riou » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:23 am

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Lisene » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:09 am

Agroless would do the trick yup. Was 81 at the time so Crush wasn't an option (ding 82 off to get it now). HL procs on spell stuns, Force of Disruption (which I currently use to tag) and Epic procs. The tag isn't so much the problem though as the procs from agroing the main fight while the puller is out getting more. I'll be asking not to be in a group with a puller on the next raid...

On the other hand though, half the reason I went for it was for more AE agro. Maybe with the new group role settings it could be made to be agroless to anyone with the puller role?
Lisene

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:31 pm

hmm catch 22 seems like. Maybe split the difference and ask for 150 range? Lets do a poll!
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Arny » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:56 am

OMG! Don't remove the aggro, I am loving it for mass killing steam factory mobs, I no longer have to worry about pulling mobs off the chanter. Even with moderate stunning I just switch from one mob to the next and they stick to me like glue!

Since I usually pull I have not had any problems with the range, but it will be interesting to see how it pans out on raids.

This is maybe our answer to ae aggro? But it is early days yet so lets not be too hasty.
Arny

Postby frocus » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:01 am

lis look up the radius on the recourse not the proc itself that has 100 range.
frocus

Postby Lisene » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:41 am

Hmm ok I'm not afraid to own up if I'm wrong or being a noob, so I'll never knock back some edumacation...

If it is only range 100 then we still either need to deal with it via other tools (leave it alone) or have agro removed. Riou mentioned above that the Boff has zero agro because its a recourse, so doesn't that mean healing light should also be the same anyway if the heal is also a recourse? Yet I've got my puller (he was an SK so therefore inherently unreliable of course (jkg there he does know what he's doing ... I think)) as well as Arny saying it does create agro ... Have I just sold the London Bridge or do we still have a dilemma?
Lisene

Paladin Main

Postby Arny » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:15 pm

I really think is too early to tell yet, I can see the drawbacks of the heal aggro on pullers etc, but it is hella nice aggro when we want it however what about when we don't? Since we can't toggle it on and off. We need some more in use testing before deciding imo.
Arny

Postby Wanyen » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:52 am

If this is really a problem that must change, I am going to suggest that they consider looking the aura(s) too. Blessed Aura also has a range of 200, or does that effect generate no direct traceable aggro?
Wanyen

Rogue Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:07 am

auras are 0 aggro
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:33 am

Its stun based, if you don't want to group heal, don't stun. One would assume if a puller is pulling, you are down to your last mob anyway, just get the puller to give the inc message before the pull, so you can stop stunning the last mob your on. Learn to work with the skills, don't try to get them changed for minor stuff that is easily taken care of with just a little communication.
Bruennor

Postby knytul » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:05 am

i think this may be the reason for the introduction to the Crush lines too. Crush of Crying seas = Very little damage so wont put mob in summon mode, generates good agro, and doesnt trigger Healing Light.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Lisene » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:41 pm

Lisene

Paladin Main

Postby lunasveil » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:33 am

I've wiped my group 3 times tonight far just from stunning mobs in camp and the heal proc hitting our FD puller. We've tried looking up if there was a way to block the effect itself but unsuccessfully.Crush line is great but the radius ouch. I've never been too concerned with not having an AE agro spell. I always thought with the speed of our stuns and some creativity in an emergency situation we've got no problem agro'ing multiple mobs.Anyone come up with anything along those lines? Being able to block the effect in some way?
lunasveil

Server: Stromm

Postby frocus » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:52 am

Load a crush use that while puller is pulling problem solved.
frocus

Postby lunasveil » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:47 am

Aye, I've done that but hasn't been full proof especially when you have crazy chain pullers like I seem to always end up with <3 Mob A isn't dead yet but 2 more are inc :lol:
lunasveil

Postby frocus » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:45 am

Crush's won't or shouldn't proc healing light so if your using it while the puller is out pulling there should be no problems.

Edit maybe someone in group is using merc and puller is close enough to get healed by that?
frocus

Postby lunasveil » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm

Oh yes I know, it's not crush. I just chain stun none stop when tanking or switch over to grab adds on inc from pullers. 1308 group healing proc from them every time it happens. I think if ppl didn't chain pull in my groups it likely wouldn't be an issue. But good news ... I did get to take out a shadowknight with it last night ... twice :twisted: :D
lunasveil

Postby knytul » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:44 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm torn here. I don't want to have to keep tabs on the puller every single waking minute, especially in a 2-3 hour grind session. Its annoyingly tedious, even for a 10 minute grind. But at the same time I fully acknowledge the benefits of the agro it creates. I want my cake and I wanna eat it too!

I wonder if its possible to change this to line-of-sight heal only...would that work? Anyone else got some ideas?
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Postby Kashta » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:01 am

It seems that Nodyin is looking into removing the "unintended" aggro from this spell. I just wanted to be the first one to make a whiney "wtf we are getting nerfed" post on this thread.

WTF we are getting nerfed.

Lame.

~Kash
Kashta

Paladin Main

Postby Occam » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:25 am

I would have liked to have kept the aggro too, but look on the bright side: however well you were able to deal with them before, there is no longer any chance for this to screw up pulls. I thought the risk was acceptable, but having no risk still appeals to me. I don't really see this as a big deal, even though it went the opposite way from what I voted for.

In fact I think a lot of Paladins would see this as an improvement and not a nerf at all.
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:18 am

i know i do, im all for more agro, but not agro that cant be 100% controlled. Removing this agro actually helps my game, not hinders it.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:06 am

Hrm, well, kinda suprising, but I'm ok with it. As I stated before, I'm more about precision control, I want agro, but only when I fully intend on it. And maybe its just me, but stunnable mobs in this expansion = much much much greater tanking ability for me. It wasn't as huge of a difference in the past, but with 3k hitters on the group end this can really make a difference. So while I was ok with changing out to crushes, if this gets changed to no agro on that heal I'll probably be using stuns as often as I can, kinda like how I THINK they intended.

Normal group heal is still plenty of agro on mulitple mobs in my experience so far, more than the heal of this ability.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Arny » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:30 pm

It is certainly a nerf to me, the aggro is the only reason I bought all 3 levels of this aa when I did, but I guess we all have different ways of playing.

What pisses me off more than anything is soe's poor testing, if the aggro wasn't intended it would have been one of the first things I would have checked since it is based on a cleric spell that does give aggro, but I suspect that the majority of players know more about how stuff actually works than the devs do!

At the end of the day it isn't game breaking either way, I just live in hope that they find it difficult to fix :twisted:
Arny

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 am

I know when I tested it on Beta, I tested it by myself with a parsing dummy, so assuming others did the same, that would be why hehe.
Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities