[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Lay on Hand + HoT values

Lay on Hand + HoT values

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Lay on Hand + HoT values

Postby Hulkling » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:31 pm

LoH Ranks:

1. Base 100
2. Base 125
3. Base 150
4. Base 175
5. Base 200
6. Base 225
7. Base 250
8. Base 275
9. Base 300
10. Base 325
11. Base 350, HoT 88
12. Base 400, HoT 100
13. Base 450, HoT 113
14. Base 500, HoT 125
15. Base 550, HoT 138
16. Base 600, HoT 150
17. Base 650, HoT 163

Multiply your level times the rank, add 1, and thats your LoH/HoT.

Example: a level 78 paladin with rank 14 LoH, has Instant heal of 39001, and HoT for 9751. HoT lasts 6 ticks.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: New LoH + HoT

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:05 am

Wow... just wow. I'm loving this.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:19 am

yeah......that was my reaction as well. I knew HoT was being added, but didn't expect anything of this magnitude. Its freaking insane.

BTW, the HoT is slot 2, meaning it stacks with all other HoTs :D
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Any indication that the HoT component will stack or over-write other HoT? I would hate to use this and lose that wonderful HoT because someones steadfast servent cast a 600 HoT on me.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Pethdor » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:29 pm

Awesome, Very nice wtg Hulk!!!
Pethdor

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:13 pm

well, this got me digging more into stacking, and it doesn't look like slot 2 was a very good idea lol. Theres like 80 different NPC detrimental spells that will overwrite the HoT :oops:

Asking now for slot 13. Waiting on reply.....
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Woot! i served a purpose!
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:57 pm

lol yes, thank you Normy :)
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:43 pm

HoT is getting changed to "v2" slot 10. Should be ZERO stacking issues there.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Excellent Hulking, thank you for the effort.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Kether » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:04 am

Quite nice, also nice work on raising questions and following it up to resolve the issue uncovered.
Kether

Paladin Main

Postby Bonzz » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:34 pm

This rocks!

If you had anything to do with this hulk, I bow to you! We aren't worthy!

Now lets hope they don't nerf it!
The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth will set you free! All hail the Freeport Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

Bonzz of Bertoxx

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm
Bonzz

Server: Bertoxx

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:47 am

Still burnable on corpses and mobs?
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Kashta » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:46 am

Not to complain about a very, very nice change- but is there any possibility of getting the HoT moved to the short-duration buff window instead of the regular buff window?

~Kash
Kashta

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:30 pm

I did notice this as well, but I'm afraid to rock to boat at this point, I like the power of it. With all the additional buff slots these days, I don't often run out, but I can see where folks would expect that to be in the song window.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:33 am

Ya. . . I run out of buff slots with just self buffs and clickies, to say nothing of when I have shaman buffs and have to select which buffs not to use.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:56 pm

i dont see an issue with it...Hulk, think u can get Nodyin on this one?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Ayup I can ask. Will keep everyone updated.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:19 pm

got to try this today, it's pretty nice.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Grungloe » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Best part is that the HoT component can crit too.
Had a tank get healed for 12k from the HoT last night with just rank 11 LoH.
Grungloe

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:19 pm

In hindsight, I'd almost be willing to recommend NOT moving the HoT part to the short duration window. My reasoning is this:

Now that it has this power, I have been organizing our paladins to burn this on the MT during hard events. Since it goes into the normal buff window, I can actually see if someone elses LoH is still active on the MT without needing them to announce it. This makes the continual burn of a great HoT on the main tank easier as it is. I will lose this ability should they put this in the short duration box.

So, does anyone else besides me actually value that ability of it? Or am I in the minority?
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:05 pm

im on same page as Normy actually...once i get my guild pallys on same page as me, well be doin LoH rotations on alot of events..
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Natems » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:30 pm

For those complaining that Paladins don't have a defined roll in raids and a niche capability... I guess here it is. Too bad it's on such a long timer.
Natems

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:44 pm

24 minutes means I can use it every raid encounter, so its not THAT bad, but once its burned its done for that fight.

On the plus side, if you were crazy and just wanted to spam it, you could find a way to kill yourself every 30 seconds and keep burning it, use the AA rez to get it all back. Only doable once a week and you'd need a reliable way to kill yourself that frequently and get a call back each time. But hey, would be one hell of a way to heal!
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 am

The hot part of it NEED to be moved to short duration window, it s really a pain in the ass on some sod event where mob can stick close to 10debuff on you, and then LH is blocked cause there s no more slot.
boukk

Postby Kashta » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Kashta

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:57 am

So according to the patch notes today, the HoT component of this will now go to the short duration window. Should fix the issue of being overbuffed.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:07 am

yep tested today, it goes to Short Buff window now.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: Lay on Hand + HoT values

Postby Zann » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 am

Regarding the new HoT levels of Lay on Hands, do these improve Gift of Life also?
Zann

Return to Spells & Abilities