[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Testing Aurora

Testing Aurora

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Testing Aurora

Postby knytul » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:37 pm

All of these are with Sanguine Gauntlets (65% to lvl 77)

Ok, heres what i got with me at 23.4k hp, and a 13k hp shammy.

Me 100%, him 40%, healed him 7551 and me 0, used roughly 950 mana. Total Healed: 7551
Me 45%, him 47%, healed me 8657, him 4528, 1320 mana. Total healed: 13185

add in 19k hp berskerker and another berserker

took all 3 toons to below 50% hp.
Healed me for 5860
Shammy for 1731
Berserker 1: 4528
Berserker 2, 932
Used the max mana on spell description. 1531
Total Healed to group: 13051

another one with me at 100% and them still at low hp.
Healed me for 0
Shammy for 0 cuz he filled up
Bers 1 7458
Bers 2 5727
Total Healed to Group: 13185

Havent seen a single crit yet, doubt we will either. Mana cost Max: 1531. Its an efficient heal that heals you and kind of Trickles down some of it to the rest of your group. None of the Heal is wasted. Heal yourself solo with at 100% and it only uses 1 mana. Also its a yellow spell (Self only) so no need for targeting, and it doesnt gray out your spell gems like Burst does. 3 second cast time but w/ Sanguine boots it came down to 2.3 seconds for me.
Last edited by knytul on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
knytul

Paladin Main

Re: Testing Aurora

Postby dindaur » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:47 pm

i like the spell now honestly. Its very...Efficient. Doesnt use the old 5k mana it used to. instead uses only what the spell actually needs to do its job.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Natems » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:25 am

Are there going to be any crits on this? It definitely seems extremely mana efficient, and maybe complaints aren't in order given that they finally fixed the spell... but it takes a lot of time to get AAs and it would seem to me that it should be affected by our AAs.

Is it affected at all by + healing?
Natems

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:03 pm

This sounds pretty nifty. Now if I can only find some play time to play with it...
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Genadinee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Nope nothing affects it, used it extensivly on raids tonight, no crits at all. But I'm for sure not going to complain its a very nice spell now all that I would like to see is the 13K2 Heal at least doubled, obviously doubling the mana at the same time. In todays raids when even Casters are 30K+ raid buffed 13K2 is nice but doesnt really heal it just makes all as hurt as each other.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby kolor » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:23 am

can we institute some some new code word for if we like something
giving too much information seems to lead to other classes having heart attacks
how about "toenail"
aurora of morrow seems quite toenail now
Kolor Kolossus
Holy Defender of Firiona Vie
(Level 85 Paladin of short stature)
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Postby Unmei » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Nerf toes!
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:38 pm

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Lisene » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:01 pm

Has anyone managed more testing on this? I love the spell now but frequently it seems a single group member gets skipped entirely. Unfortunately I haven't had time or volunteers to set up a proper test case but will try. I'm pretty sure I've ruled out range since a missed group member was right beside me on the heal landing. It might just be the way the "trickle down" works, but its definitely seeming like if there's a lot of healage needed then someone misses out completely. I've gone back to the normal group heals for dot/ae damage and Aurora just to refill the group's hp bars when the odd toon has taken some damage until I understand the mechanics a bit better.
Lisene

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:16 pm

From what I can tell skipping group members has to do with the maximum ability of the spell. It has the ability to heal for X amount up to maximum in the event the max mana is used to heal you (as it heals you first because it is a self heal) and other members of the group it will skip one or a few members. It looks like the priority of who is healed is based on who has the lowest hp in the group. I expect this spell to be reworked soon if not completely nerfed because of its direct heal capiblities but that's all I will say lest more people troll this board and cry nerf.

cheers,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Lisene » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:55 am

Ok limited testing here. Limited because logging causes me a lot of lag so I just had a box with only my spells filtered to it and jotted notes as we fought normally... So I can't give solid results, I'll have to leave that to the practiced number crunchers.

Group was Pal, Pal, Cler, Shm, Mag, Brd in that order in my group box. Cler would div arb before one of the pallies popped Aurora to try for the whole group. Also tried a few combinations when not all were damaged. I still get some weird results that does't explain how it works, but does tell me I'm not going insane.

First try after Div Arb, the Aurora max was exceeded and the SHM got nothing. A few other tries, again exceeding max and everyone got it. It didn't fill me up completely before laying heals on others.

Pal no. 2 had a few goes and got everyone except me. Tried again when the bard was oor and it missed me again. Third scenario was just the two Pals damaged and he healed himself completely but again missed me. I was the last to join group so maybe that's a factor in deciding who gets excluded. What we didn't do and probably should have, is had him cast when only I was damaged.

The next nice thing is you can cast whatever your mana and it'll just use what you have. To re-confirm the "filling up the pally that casts it" first theory, I died (completely on purpose of course) then popped it on about 450 mana when other Pal was tanking.. only 2 of us with dmg. It healed both of us, again not maxing either of us to 100%.

There's some weird mechanics in here and I think I'll leave it to someone who can analyse logs rather than beat myself over the head about it. Still, its a nice spell now but I can't think of any reason its super-powered and would make people cry nerf, it just earns itself a place in the spell lineup. I'll be using it mainly to fill the non-tanks' health bars and save the main healer wasting mana and effort on that.
Lisene

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:21 am

its not a spell that needs nerfing. Its completely different. uses entirely different mechanics. its a SMART spell. The spell thinks before blindly throwing amounts out there. People keep jumping to conclusions before putting a thought toward them 4 words "Its A Smart Spell". Now, the mechanics on it may not be 100% (it not healing someone in group at all), and that can be tweaked. But a:

3 second cast time
no crits
No wasted mana
Always castable regardless of ur mana pool

These here make it a Worthwile spell. Again the only thing im worried about, is the variations between a Group Player, and a Raider. Rank 1-3 of Aurora imo and a few others should reflect that. Im guessing we can expect an upgrade to Aurora when SoD releases. Id personally like to get this version tweaked perfectly to reflect that version too....

But seriously, while your "testing" this spell, think on the mechanics of the spell and try not to compare them to Burst, Absolution, or any other spell we have in our arsenal. We've never had anything like this.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Genadinee » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:57 am

Also remember the range on the spell is only 100 so the group needs to be pretty tightly packed.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 am

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Abazzagorath » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:22 pm

It has a 6 person limit and it will hit pets/warders.
Abazzagorath

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Dorillion » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:19 am

Anyone know what drops the rk.1
Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:20 am

Good spell, but the heal cap value need to be set way higher, think 20kcap for Rk 3 be about right, considering it cant crit and cast time not being fast.
boukk

Postby Normy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:42 pm

Modifiying it to be that high would be a mistake, because it would immediately be on the chopping block for nerf by all those carrying torches and looking for an excuse to riot (about half those that troll the Sony boards). 13k worth of healing for 1500 mana is just fine because you can use it along side your normal group heals and burst. And thats rather mana efficient.

Upping it to 20k even for more mana, would be baiting ourselves for a nerf that would likely leave the spell unusable.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:07 pm

ur missing something Normy, he said for Rank 3. Which should be the Raid Equivalent of the Spell, which should be obtainable by raiders, which should be based off Raiders HP's. To end game raiders, 20k isnt overpowering.

Now to a mid tier raider, 13k isnt overpowering. Altho personally i wouldnt mind seeing the Rank 2 tweaked up to say..15k. Leaving...

Rank 1: Does anybody know its currently amount healed?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:14 am

Since we are talking amount healed and I wasn't the one to mention it first I don't feel bad now addressing why it is impossible for them to up the amount healed without changing the mechanics of the spell. I mentioned the direct healing capabilities earlier and was hoping ya'll would pick up on it. With no one in group and no one else in group damaged, this spell non crit heals the caster 13k hp for 1500 mana in 2.3 seconds (modified down from 3 with cleric spell haste - attainable by all). Essentially the paladin can use the spell while soloing to replace our burst line at a high efficiency on heals. Saving burst for the absolutely necessary heal. Sure we can crit for higher on burst... but this spell doesn't require anything to see its max potential, all it has to do is land instead of landing burst for a minimum heal. I pretty much love this spell for all of its uses, but if they up the heal amount to 15 or even 20k you can kiss this spell goodbye... as is it is barely hanging in at 13k before druids and shamans start burning down our houses... and that's before the warriors and sk's start selling tickets to the show.

I vote to leave it alone - no complaints here
cheers
shiftie
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Siocnarf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:15 pm

I agree that 13 k is good enough for now,the thing is you cannot cast it at all while NOT in a group.Even if your misssing 100 hp and try to cast it solo nothing happens at all.Its coded that you NEED ABSOLUTELY to be in group to get anything out of it.Wich is kinda lame considering its already a long casting time for hybrids.If they would remove the group only condition it would probably make it our best heal spell.
Siocnarf

Server: Test

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:19 pm

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Carmaris » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:54 pm

He's on test...spell changed before it went live or maybe changed pending a change to live version?
Carmaris

Postby Stephen51 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Spell works solo.
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby Siocnarf » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:10 pm

There was another patch on test today and it sitll does nothing if your solo.So its either the futur for that spell or its like its often is when its beta time they make a patch directly on beta server and shoot it live and test end up less updated then live servers.
Siocnarf

Server: Test

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:28 pm

I really hope that isn't the future of the spell. I'm working my butt off right now to finally get this spell for the solo applications, making it only work in a group would be disappointing.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:33 pm

Having gotten a chance to use it on raids, it was a lot of fun. Very handy. The big benefit I hadn't anticipated was realizing that when someone in my group isn't paying attention and is out of range, I don't heal them any, but it isn't a total waste; I either heal others more, or save the mana. That's a beautiful thing.
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Not to mention least of all on raids that if another class - say cleric or druid lands a big group heal you don't end up wasting mana as per our normal group heals... That is certainly a beautiful thing.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:48 pm

heck yeah both of those are awesome
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby kolor » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:59 pm

use wisely on raids though - i ran out of mana much faster using it on lethar 2.x
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:59 pm

Exactly, All of our spells have advantages and disadvantages:

Burst: VERY FAST quick snappy giant heal, But leaves us vulnerable on all our spells for a few seconds.
Wave: Very nice group heal, heals alot. But, when someone is near Full HP, their portion of the heal is wasted
Aurora: Nice touch up heal, very smart heal that uses no more mana than needed. But, kinda short range, and can drain mana very fast.

Basically, we not gonna have a spell that is like OMG over all the rest. Every spell you use has a responsibility to us. And its our job to utilize them spells together for max effeciveness and efficiency.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:14 am

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:16 pm

Finally got it and tested, still working solo. It's already worked its way onto every one of my spell line setups.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:30 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Arslayn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:38 pm

Not to totally disagree, cause I do agree ppl that know their class are better than those that dont. Doesnt mean a smart spell dumbs down the person using it why should I get penalized because another person isnt/doesnt pay any attention and consistently moves outta range from a group heal thus wasting my mana?
Last edited by Arslayn on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
and
"Not all that wander are lost, and not all that glitters is gold"
Defenders Of
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:47 pm

hes talkin about making ALL spells into smart spells...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:57 am

boukk

Postby flixor » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 am

How do you achieve 40k with a group heal ??
flixor

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby davewe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:17 am

Well if all group in a bad state,and you get enough crit's Wave of forgiveness is able to do 40k in this era with the insane crit chances available on heals now, with a decent heal focus of course and HG/HA near maxed.
davewe

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Next

Return to Spells & Abilities