[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Testing Aurora

Testing Aurora

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: Testing Aurora

Postby flixor » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:27 am

So it's 40k in total, not 40k for one single person in a group right ?
flixor

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby davewe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:12 am

Yes 40k can be healed across the group it's actually possible for it to be even higher just unlikely as you would need full 6 crits, but the point i think Bouk was trying to make was that the group heal CAN still be a LOT better than Aurora of marrow, albeit it would take certain situations.
davewe

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:40 am

what heal focus are you all using - for me I approach 6k per person on my wave crits so 6x6... I guess that's close enough if it crits for everyone in group. All the same that is max potential for that spell. This new one is max potential all the time and I still think the limitation to 13k is just fine. Nothing stops you from using your group heals in conjunction with this new spell. Balance the health of the group and then use a group heal it is likely another class will be helping and the heals will land together. I really think we need to stop pushing for an improvement to this spell or we are going to be really sad that our "fixed" spell will soon be wearing the "nerfed" id tag.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby davewe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:17 pm

Aurora is VERY good at healing 1 or 2 ppl tanking in ur group u can chain cast it knowing you can't blow mana without wasting it, or after a cleric in ur group usesdivine arbirtration, aurora will pretty much top them back up, however if more than 3-4 of ur group are under 60 perent life the likelihood is it'll drain over 1500 mana and share out a max of 13780 (at rank 3) to your group which in this era prob is'nt even 10 percent there life.

With a 75 percent healing focus and all AA's wave of forgvieness (rank 3) cap's to around 9k to a group member if you get near the max portion of the healing focus and crit, which is potentially 50-55k albeit VERY unlikely take an average of 30k is more realistic (at top end that is probably a lot less lower end).

Aurora is VERY powerful to lower geared ppl as i believe the heal cap is 13780 (unsure of rank 1/2)is'nt based on anything at all as it seems completely unrelated to AA's/focuses etc.

So whilst Wave of forgiveness maybe is'nt so good to lower geared ppl, likewise Aurora is'nt quite as powerful at top end to as your healing ppl with FAR larger life's(although u have 23-24k mana pool so u CAN chain cast it),it is of my opinion this spell is overpowered only in the sense it is recastable IMMEDIATELY and it's cast is only 1.8 seconds to the high end due to focuses we can get and cleric spell haste.

I personally agree rank 3 needs to have a far larger life cap as the kind of ppl i have to heal (even myself)this spell won't heal more than 40 percent life yet take a HUGE drain on mana whereas i can burst some1 for that for LESS mana and faster and with that spell using our HG AND epic/remorse/and armour line at times burst is still FAR better to use.(i have healed myself for 30000 plus before using burst of morrow rank 2 with epic/remorse/and Armour of rightneous and with all those 3 active i average probably a 14k heal!)

It also is a 0 aggro spell and will heal some1 Divine Aura'ed something you seemed to of failed to notice thus u can remain in ooc purely using this spell currently, as it follow's the exact same rules as the cleric Divine arbirtration line of spell.
davewe

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:56 pm

Wave of Absolution Rk. III = 1847 hp healed.

Max healing adept = 28%
Best healing focus I could find = 70% to level 80.
5% aura running.

So 1847 + 103% = 3749.41 base. Crit means 7498.82 per group member. x6 for your entire group means 44992.92 total healing done in theory.

That makes ALOT of assumptions, but yea its very possible. But keep in mind that focus does not always do the max amount (I THINK the AA does though) and it requires 6 crits and I think each one has to make the crit check, not to mention that I listed the top focus in the game for healing right now. And EQ only does integer math, so the actual numbers in game could only be a bit less.

Problem is, if you look at it like this, its easy to assume that our group heals are actually over-powered and don't need a significant upgrade, which I don't agree with.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:06 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:51 am

So the ninja nerf bat already took its first swing. Honestly, this is damn annoying. Doesn't work solo for me anymore, was just testing it. Maybe next they can make it a 10 second cast time so as to make it worthless.

/really irritated.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:10 pm

Seriously, not one other person is annoyed with another stealth nerf? I'm using it in raid right now, getting about a 10k max out of it, and now it doesn't work single. Also have noticed that if its only healing me in a group, I get about 5600 max. Why does no one else seem pissed about this?
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Occam » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:44 pm

I haven't noticed that happening to me on raids. As for solo...well I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended as a solo heal.
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:07 am

I still get 13k out of it around 13.3 to be more exact and I'm not upset becaue I knew the direct heal possiblities were gonna get nerfed. 13k is more than a CH with a much shorter cast time and you can keep casting it over and over.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:59 am

Yea, I had someone tell me that in game as well, but we are comparing a brand new lvl 80 spell to a level 39 cleric spell from I believe the original game, before any expansions? 10 month old spell vs 9 year old spell? Plus while it was a nice solo heal, I was good for 11-14 or so "complete heals" which are not really a complete heal at all, before draining my mana dry? Burst isn't considered so unbalanced yet I can get a similar heal from it with a crit.

And I didn't have logging on tonight, wish I had, but I was getting really crappy results while raiding tonight. At one point, I was the only one damaged in my group, no one had a pet, and I got 5.6 k of a heal out of it. I didn't notice how much mana it took. So I cast it again, and got a very similar heal out of it. Was thinking that there is now a per-person cap? Hard to tell with everything being so damn buggy since the last patch anyway though. Our group also had no leader according to the raid window.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:28 am

That's about how much shm Ancestral Intervention / dru Survival of the Fittest (same spell different names) group emergency heals max out on per person, before crits.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:43 am

You can pull similar heals off with Burst but the downfall is the recast timer... that's why I compared it to CH - not because I think they should be = but rather becauase you can keep casting aurora over and over and over. As far as the lack of healing, because it is a smart spell it is likely that someone landed a heal on you before the spell landed. If you can show that its healing for 5k under the prime circumstance that it is supposed to be healing for 13k then you have my full support and I'll get pissed with you. From my experience to date it is still healing pretty well.

Given the lack of direct heal capabilities it had when we could use it solo - I also now support the increase in heal amount from 13k - 20kish. If anyone wants to bring up all the points made previously to the devs about our regular group heals.

cheers,
shiftie
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:21 am

Last edited by boukk on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boukk

Postby Normy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:10 pm

The situation I described above was having it heal me for 5.6k, even though that put me at only 70% health, and no one else in my group got a heal. I then cast it again and got similar results, I still didn't get put to 100%. But I don't have the logs, and everything seemed buggy to me last night. I will be testing it again tonight, hopefully I'm mistaken or just got odd results.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:09 am

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Well, being a smart spell, it serves no purpose for a crit. This doesn't work like the druid spell, because theirs still does a flat healing amount based on the tier of HP their target is at. Yes, they have a 1 second cast time, but they have a 3 min reuse. My GF finds it rather unusable in its current form.

Because ours heals only up to a certain amount, but only takes the mana to match it, it doesn't crit. Quite frankly, I'm ok with that as I'd rather have the intelligence of it over the ability to do even more healing. It doesn't replace our group spells, I have this up with at least one actual group heal, 2 if I have to protect my group from raid AE's.

As for the cast time, its on par with out other group heals, but in the right situation is FAR more effective. The biggest advantage we have with this spell is we can spam it, unlike any of our group heals or even our quick heals. If they followed the other classes examples and made this unusable for so long after each cast, it would lose its place on my spell bar.

Look for ways of making this spell effective, and you will find yourself loving it. If you just want another big group heal, this isn't the spell for you.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:59 pm

I already love it, I just wonder why it can't be more effective. 75% of the time I cast it, it heals for the max amount, and then it doesn't fill up the group's health. The other 25% of the time it's landing when group health is near max, minus one or two folks. I don't dislike the spell, I just wish it was a little bit better )
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:44 pm

I will generally use it after a normal group heal if everyone is damaged. If just one or two people are damaged, that is when I'll be using Aurora. If it can crit though, then what does it use to calculate the mana cost? Like a pre-check on critting so it doesn't use the full mana cost? Or perhaps just have it crit but take more mana for it?

I'm afraid if they touch it again, it will become useless again.
Normy

Paladin Main

Previous

Return to Spells & Abilities