[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Aurora of Morrow changes on test

Aurora of Morrow changes on test

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Aurora of Morrow changes on test

Postby Siocnarf » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Is being fixed atm.Its now flagged a self only spell but that only works while in a group.Its now 3 sec casting and 1300 mana cost.But the spell actually is really nice now.Will heal up to 13 k hp but if theres any hp left over after you it heals other in the group at same time for the balance i think.I havent got the chance to try with multiple people missing lots of hps but it looks really promising.I am really glad it wont be shelved like thunder of karana its a sof lvl 80 spell.

I am not 100 % sure of how much it can really heal over on others and all since it dosent give you have healed X person for Y amount line yet attached to it yet .(or its the mechanism that cant display it)I will post back when i get the chance to try it more this weekend.
Siocnarf

Server: Test

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: Aurora of Morrow changes on test

Postby Normy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:47 pm

I'm glad for the info Sin, thanks for keeping us up to date, but so far their fix doesn't impress me at all.

First off, its been broken since it came out. They MIGHT have a fix for it right before the next expansion launches, I'm not letting them off the hook for that. Its BS, plain and simple. The obvious lack of caring given to our spells is disgusting. Is it only paladins? Are there other still broken spells from last year they've not bothered to fix?

Secondly, a 3 second cast time on what is supposed to help us save our groups is crap as well. There is no way I'm going to get that off while tanking, so it looks like burst will remain one of the only heals I will use. Plus the mana cost on it is huge for a self only long cast spell. Is that number a fixed number, or is that a crit? I can crit for over 10k on Burst of Sunlight.

Taking what was supposed to be a big save your group spell and making it a spell that might heal your group a little but heal yourself for a chunk IF you can get the damn cast off is not making me excited for this.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:15 pm

i just wanted to comment on the dissatisfaction with teh devs. they've got alot to factor in and they dont have many people. its never a good idea to assume they dont care, its usually because they cared too much that they swapped over from player to dev. yeah, most of the original guys who thought up eq are long gone, these are mostly all former players. saying they dont care is just misrepresenting the truth.

but i dont wanna hammer that point in. instead, if something doesnt get fixed, its just because theyve got 200 things to fix. and a maybe a pace of fixing 2 to 5 things a week. and highest priority gets the fix first. a spell like that which we never really had to begin with. to me we've survived without it to this point and we'll have to survive without it until at least they patch in this new version. but we still managed to tank, heal, slay. all our major functions are still intact. so because of that its not high on their list.

the thing that really struck me about the devs was their willingness to listen. people would mention things in the forums that the devs would reply to something of the order of "thats a good idea i nver thought of that i think we'll do that." these guys are willing to listen and theyre making this game with the knowledge that the whole point of an mmo is to keep your audience entertained.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:38 am

sure, sure Dindaur...they are soo willing to listen that:
1) they gave us spells that dont work
2) they take our spells that DO work and either link them together, or Nerf the holy hell out of them
3) they take our AA abilities and slam them to the floor, and STILL havent risen them back up yet.
4) Our disc's from the dawn of time are so out of date, most really dont do a damn thing anymore...

I know first hand that our dev's dont like to listen. i pulled one of em aside (not gonna name names) during the last devchat and gave him a mass laundry list of things wrong w/the game (not just paladins). Everytime he tried to have a comeback on them, i had a reason he was wrong. 2 of them on that list: our HoT's, and Aurora of Morrow. On Aurora he believed it was our oh shit save everybody heal...when i told him what it really did......well, im thinking the whole point of this post is the outcome of that conversation...only took about 30 min to get him to listen and get my list written down to pass on to those responsible.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:48 pm

I understand that they are busy with aspects of the game. I really do. But for a spell that has been broken for 8 months, to get a fix for it that completely negates what the spell was supposed to do to begin with makes me disappointed. Have we been able to survive without it? Sure, but it makes the breastplate focus for our class the only useless focus out of any class, since it focuses a spell that doesn't work.

And their fix is substandard. They turned it into a self only heal with 3 second cast time. My slow heals that are targetable are faster than that. True, its a good amount of healing, but I can't cast it in combat, making it nearly useless for what is supposed to be a tanking class.

As for them listening, maybe or maybe not. One of the comments from fanfair was the code change to target a PC first over an NPC, so you won't target a damn familar that EVERYONE seems to have these days with a /tar playername. They mentioned this was an easy change. Its also been one that has been requested since famiars first became popular. I can't tell you how many times I've been unable to target a tank in raid because he had a familar, eventually having to assist another person in his group to get it.

Its small things like that that drive me nuts. Little tweaks here and there can go a long way to making me feel like the player base is being listened to.

All that said, I have hopes for the next expansion here, I hope it lives up to the hype. But their work on our spell lines have not impressed me at all.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby kolor » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:11 am

i'm really glad they are working on this spell line
the only way this could work with a 3 second cast time is to make the spell uninterruptable
with such a long cast time though it would not be usaeable as an emergency heal

how long is the recast timer?
how long is the spell bar greyed out after casting?
Kolor Kolossus
Holy Defender of Firiona Vie
(Level 85 Paladin of short stature)
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities