[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Is anyone using the Group Heals?

Is anyone using the Group Heals?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Is anyone using the Group Heals?

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:59 am

Are the lvl 80 Group heals of much benefit any longer? I haven't played a lot with them, but they seem to be not so valuable any longer. I am searching for something better to put into their Spell Gem slots, they just don't seem worth it to me any longer. I am also searching for a better 'role' on raids, I don't think Sony is desiring us to be very efficient group healers any longer, so I am looking for a 'function switch'. Any suggestions?
Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Re: Is anyone using the Group Heals?

Postby Merkraith » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:17 am

Well as a high end casual player, dunno I like to call myself that. I usually have the best TWO group heals memmed. I play in a regular group, same people same toons, and usually I am in charge of group healing. My friend boxes cleric and a shaman, and most of the time we will Div. Arb. and I will group heal to top it off too.

We group in crystallos and all sorts of places so its new content too. If I ever need to do alot, I can chain one group heal after another, but dont do that tooo often, or I would probably use HoP in that case. Just my thoughts. Also by the way, I have rk 2 versions of absolution and forgiveness
Merkraith

Server: Luclin

Postby Righteous » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:03 am

I have Wave of Absolution (lvl.79) perma-loaded with the exception of when I'm duo-ing/boxing my Shammy. Hand of Piety is maxed so I rarely ever find a need to have more than the one Group Heal loaded.

Aside from the heal function, I use it as extra aggro-generation both in groups when we have multimple mobs in camp or if we get adds, as well as on raids for kiting.

Righteous
Righteous

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:21 pm

In a group situation, I always have at least one group heal up because its a good way to hit others while never changing my target. In a raid situation, it really depends. I still always keep 1 up, but I might have a second one memmed from time to time.

I generally lead raids that I'm on, so most of the time I assemble what I refer to as a death group. We won't have a healer unless every other group is solid on healers, which is rare. However, as much fun as I have telling members of my group to get used to rezzes, I rarely lose people because I do remember we are part cleric. In an "oh shit" moment, I can hit a group heal, immediately trigger my clicky DoN for a small group heal, and chain a second spell group heal right after that. I save my HoP for when I need the instant cast.

I am hopeful for a significant step up when the next expansion lands. Even caster HP is off the scale, it would be nice if my group heal could crit for more than 25% of their lives, but I guess we'll see.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Linc » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Linc

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Merkraith » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:38 am

As I said above, yes, I currently have rk 2 versions of Absloution and Forgiveness memed, our lvl 74 and 79 group heals. and i can use one right after another. Before Absloution I used Forgiveness/Piety
Merkraith

Server: Luclin

Postby dindaur » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:21 am

i keep two group heals memmed and cast them from time to time. burst by far sees the most use of all my heals. when self healing i alternate burst and light.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:38 pm

1 group heal (Absolution), Vish Clicky, and Hand of Piety all i need for the group healing area...anything else....waste of mana.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby llene » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:49 am

hi
i normally have 3 groupheal (on seperate timer) memmed and i use don and hop when i do guild raids . it is nice you can tank and heal your group at the same time (in fights where there is massive ae ). if i am in MT groups i normally heal MT and groupheal group when they get hit by ea or do divine ab.

when i do groups or lower raid targtes with friend and tank i use group heals as well as stun to generate massive agro when i want mobs to have me in top of their agro list

so it depend what your role are and what you want to kill - but groupheal is usefull (even after they nerf hop)

llene
llene

Server: povar

Postby olts » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:37 pm

on raids i do the same as normy since i am leading most of the times too. in group content i always have 3 + burst + hot memmed and i use them a lot since i tend to group with a druid as main healer only. (druids > all :-)) the problem is that they dont heal for much anymore considering todays hps. i wouldnt mind a boost at all.

on the bright side we also have so much mana now that we can cast them a lot more than back in the day. and they are still a neat aggro tool for raids, if i dont lead and just offtank i tend to let mobs dmg my group a bit (what wasnt really possible with low hps back in the day) when i want solid ae aggro.

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Jace » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:02 am

I use the top 2 group heals, radiant light, burst of morrow, and sacred touch. 3 is to much for me since Wave of Piety imo is terribly weak now. Was hoping to have aurora of morrow as the group burst of sunlight for an optional 3rd superfast cast one, but I doubt that will ever go back to a group spell.
Jace

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities