[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Undead Nuke

Undead Nuke

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Undead Nuke

Postby shiftie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:04 am

While I know this is probably the wrong time to bring this up with all the other stuff going atm after the piety/wot patch - it is however something I'd like to be addressed.

When casting an undead nuke burial/last rites in an attempt to get the kill shot (to proc remorse) I have noticed something strange so to speak. If you begin the spell cast before the mob dies but the mob is killed by another person before your nuke finishes its cast the spell will continue to cast on a dead target. This cast of course causes the recast delay and you are unable to begin a new cast on the next target. My question then would be: is this functioning as intended? If not any chance we can bring it to the devs for a fix. It wasn't a huge deal when our nukes weren't linked but after the link it lowers dps a bit and I'd rather get the "you cannot cast this spell on target or something" so that I can open nuke on the next mob and hope the armor cleave procs for the added dps.

cheers,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: Undead Nuke

Postby knytul » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:12 am

1 thing at a time:

Swing Delay Bug
Hand of Piety

then stuff like this.....
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:40 am

I know I'm just bringing it up while I was thinking about it...
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 am

is this functioning as intended... probably not.
it's dead, you technically would not have a target to cast your spell upon.
if the spell did not effect the environment the caster should not be penalized.
i dont mean resist either i mean simply not even getting the chance to be resisted.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:35 pm

For a long time now, you have been able to nuke and stun dead things. I remember doing it with my first stun at level 15 or so, I chain cast on a dead skelly. So I would say the devs will not pay any attention to this at all. In their book, then you should time your casting better. And truthfully, since our nukes only work on undead, you are probably better off not casting and hoping for a timely slay to finish off the mob, especially right now.

I wouldn't mind seeing this changed, because I have done the same thing before and I have to wait to cast on the next mob while trash clearing FC, but I highly doubt the devs will care.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:05 pm

Do AA "spells" reset if the target is dead before the cast time is finished?
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Grungloe » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Grungloe

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:05 pm

hrm, wonder if they could apply the same code to spellbook spells.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:04 pm

regading whether the devs would change this, i think its a pretty clear problem and that the devs probably would change it to how it should be working which is corpses cannot be casted upon with stuns and the like.

they would probably have to make a flag for corpses if one doesnt already exist and then flag spells as not usable on corpses.

youd still want resses and ee's and ... the necro aa army deal wake the dead to be functional so theyd be tagged corpse accepable.
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities