[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - W/SoT Details and Mechanics

W/SoT Details and Mechanics

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

W/SoT Details and Mechanics

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:41 am

Ok, since that other thread is turning into a big fight, I figured I would start this one to state how the change worked after playing with it a bit since I didn't see it anyplace else.
Sustenance of Tunare rk. II is the spell I have, so that is what I am basing this off.
Without healing aura (I was too lazy to cast it)
Spell would proc a direct heal for 403, and then would give you a 1 tick hot for 396, which could crit. Multiple procs still gave the direct heal, but would only refresh the hot. I do not know at this time if the HoT will stack with the lassitude one or if that will overwrite it. The hot is called Sustenance of Tunare Effect. I hope this helps us better understand this change.
Feel free to delete this thread if this was covered somewhere else already.
Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Re: Sustenance of Tunare

Postby Hulkling » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:44 pm

I'm still using WoT. This is what I found in addition to what you have here:

Aura does not effect any portion of it. Not even the initial direct heal

+Healing Amount mod3s effect the initial direct heal only. +Healing Amount does not effect any HoT's in the game, so naturally it won't effect the subsequent heal ticks

No other focus effects the Initial Heal amount: not worn, not Gift, and not Adept. I believe someone reported our Epic click will effect it, but I haven't verified it. I also haven't verified AotI.

If lassitude heals for a higher amount, then it will overwrite ours, and vice versa. The HoT portions do not stack, but the spells themselves do (pertty sure on this, will have to re-verify).
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Carmaris » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:03 pm

No, the Hot's don't stack from Lassitude and WoT. Don't know for sure if Lassitude overwrites WoT short buff or not, didn't pay that much attention...but it Lass was definitely blocking WoT (had both up at same time).

Forgot to mention in the other thread that heal amount has been reduced by 5--was 300, now 295. Can still crit, and I know I've seen mod3 heal on WoT since the change, but don't think it's affecting the HoT portion. Short buff is variable timer, haven't paid a lot of attention to range so don't know if SCR/extension mods affect it or not; I think the longest I've seen is 14 seconds, no sure on shortest.
Carmaris

Postby dindaur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:05 pm

speaking personally, i'd rather the hot be a lesser value and stack, rather than any value at all and not stack.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:23 am

ok here's the explaination for the seemingly random duration of the HoT buff:

The client clock (thats your PC) needs to sync up with the server clock (thats SOE), and when WoT procs in the middle of a server tick (server ticks are 6 seconds) the HoT buff will appear to the client to add that many more seconds to it.

Example: Server ticks at 6 second intervals. Tick, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Tick, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Tick and so on.

Lets say WoT procs at the 3 second mark. Those extra 3 seconds will be added to the HoT buff icon for a total of 9 seconds. If the client and the server are perfectly syncronized, the HoT will then heal you when it the Buff timer counts down to 6, and again at 0. If you get a proc at the exact same time as a server tick (the 6 second mark) the HoT will give a duration of 6 seconds and immediately heal you, then heal again when it reaches 0. So on and so on.

Now, If your client and server syncronization is borked, the heal ticks will go off at wacky intervals. Apparantly I have bad sync, because my heal ticks are all over the place, at like 3, 8, 5, etc etc.

Basically, the HoT buff time is adjusted to the server clock to give exactly 2 ticks worth of heals before fading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, in addition to all of this, there is a nifty little bug that will sometimes cause a client to miss the 2nd Heal tick when the buff icon reaches 0. Those clients with bad syncronization will see a majority of 1 HoT heals, and those with good syncronizatioin will see a majority of 2 heals.

Devs and coders are fully aware of this, and have reportedly fixed the problem. They didn't want to send it live just yet because this is a huge change and it was already a big patch to begin with, and we all know what happens in big patches...more bugs! So it should be coming soon.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: W/SoT Details and Mechanics

Postby Hulkling » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:36 am

changed the name of the topics for both WoT threads. If ya wanna figure out exactly how it works now, this is the thread. If ya wanna discuss balance then the other thread is where we need to post.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:05 pm

so the hot is basically just a second tunare proc eh?
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:19 am

well, its sposed to be a 2nd and 3rd. You'll either get 1 tick or 2 ticks depending on how the bug reacts to your computer. No 2 computers will be the same. This should be fixed very soon so everyone will be getting the intended 2 ticks.

But, the HoT can be overwritten by another proc. The intentions with that is to cut down on the swarm tanking abuse (is what I gathered). Since this is place, I think the downward scaling should be removed once and for all. Now we just have to give evidence and a good arguement to the Devs that it can and should be removed.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:18 pm

Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:51 am

interesting
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:15 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Galelor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:36 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:45 pm

Yep. That'd be the bug. According to Devs they already fixed it, just have to push it live.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Galelor » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Carmaris » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:43 am

Carmaris

Postby Unmei » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:33 am

You'll need like 8pts of +Heal to get more than 1pt of bonus healing out of a proc.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Carmaris » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:10 am

Ah, ok. No idea how the mod3 stuff works, just assumed it was a one-to-one correlation.
Carmaris

Postby Hulkling » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:20 pm

for reference, I have +20 healing amount mod and I get 300 on initial proc heal.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:31 am

no idea how much + heal amt i have but i get 396 from the recourse and 300 from the proc

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities