[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Partial new patch

Partial new patch

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Partial new patch

Postby varutia » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:44 am

varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Re: Partial new patch

Postby Unmei » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Tordail » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:54 pm

~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Genadinee » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Tonight I found out just how badly nerfed HoP is.

Tuesday I critted for 28K..... Wednesday I critted for 13K

Thats not just a nerf thats a flaming disgrace, the ohh shit panic heal grab aggro AA that costs an arm and a leg to max is now next to useless.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:22 pm

yep, that'd be a nice big ole nerf.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby tauaunt » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:33 pm

I'm just shaking my head, I am so close to having HoP maxed too!
No, I am not a pally, but I did stay in a Holiday inn express last night
tauaunt

Server: maelin

Postby varutia » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Well that explains it, since I just came back and do no have any plus heal amount, I guess that is why I have not noticed anything before.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Kjan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:32 pm

Was putting all my AA's i'd saved into HoP, had it at rank 13/15 before it was nerfed, think I might now petition the GM to issue a refund as it now useless :(
Kjan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Normy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Unmei » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:14 am

I think what all you people don't seem to be getting is... healing is, apparently, not supposed to be keeping pace with player hitpoint pools.

Why is that? Hell if I know, but all it takes is about 30 seconds of looking at cleric spells to come to that conclusion. Heck, the cleric forums are littered with discussions of this issue.

What healing -is- supposed to be keeping up with is mob DPS, which is not the same thing.
Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby dindaur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:09 pm

clerics might be a poor class to use as comparison because they are still coming down from the years and years long high of complete heal
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Theres a vast difference between cleric heal spells and a 36 minute recast AA group heal. A 36 minute recast group heal certainly does not, can not, and will not ever keep pace with mob DPS. So what do we have left? A 36 minute emergency group heal that scaled up with +healing amount as the insane SoF gear hit point mudflation scaled up.

Compare that to Beast Lord SP AA (or whatever its called), which is like 15 minute recast. And heres the kicker....it can be MGB'd. HoP cannot be MGB'd. In fact, paladins are the only wisdom based class that does not have a battlefield MGB ability or spell. In a way, HoP used to make up for that.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:36 pm

my take on hop was more or less a group loh
useful in all the situations a loh would be except across the entire group

we use loh when shit goes bad
when mobs are raping too much or healers arent paying attention or are dead

its an instant use thing it is a single heal if used along with other heals it can be effective
an emergency patch that gets there where nothing else would

because its effect is instant after a moment any gain from the ability can immediately be lost with applied dps
it had a long recast timer so you will never be using this ability more than once in a event

it is a balanced spell and the amount healed is not one of the historical balances for this spell
for this reason expecting a nerf for the heal power of a instant heal spell is completely off the wall
it could be a 40k heal and still be ok because it is a once use ability

events will require countless heals
this is merely one
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Pethdor » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:48 pm

HoP was a grp saver in its pre nerfed form now its just another lousy grp heal. My 2 cents. Hated for my first post to be a complaint !!!
Pethdor

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Gotta start somewhere Peth :wink:
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:42 am

Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Well, how many ranks did it have when it first came out? Three? Since it was never introduced to the actual game in that format, we kinda have to go with what has been put out. If it had been in that form, 1k per rank flat, then the future upgrades to it would have been much less I'm sure of it. Maybe non-critable, maybe non-focus effected. It was only after that "bug" of recast with the extra mod2's that made it into a "giganitic" heal of over 28k.

All kinds of things in guide books and such that have been changed, completely removed, ect. Look up wizzy mana burn.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:25 pm

The point is that you said it was "never supposed to be" and the three ranks of 1k modified by adept, focus and "critting" would have been a complete heal on 95% of the raiding population. Yes I know some spells get changed, but when you say never...
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:26 pm

But for all we know, that was the reason it was nerfed to begin with. Someone very well probably took a look at the numbers and said: "ya know, with the new focus effects in the game, combined with the AA's that allow paladins to crit heal, this is like a mana-free group CH." Incoming nerf bat. Hence, never was supposed to be a group CH.

I can't remember the spell now, but at one point we were slated to get a short term silence spell. Only like 12 seconds. It was nerfed before it came out because with testing, they found that a few paladins could stagger the casting and keep raid targets silenced during an entire encounter. Therefore, I would make the claim that we were never supposed to be able to perma-silence a raid target, even if a spell allowed for it before nerfing pre-release.

/shrug, I think we are well into semantics here, lol.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Carmaris » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:34 am

It was Thunder of Karana, Normy...and it was actually nerfed post release. Like less than a day, but it was post release.

Also, Hand of Piety isn't 1k per rank...it's 750 for the first, then 250 for each of the next two, for 1250 total. Not sure on later ranks, but with rank 4 right now, plus my various heal mods, I'm only getting 3031 per person, non-crit.
Carmaris

Postby Normy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:07 am

Really? I had thought that was pre-release. /shrug.

And yea, thats what HoP got changed into, or nerfed into if you want to think of it that way. All Zorbee was pointing out was that it was originally slated to be 1k per rank when documentation was first drawn up on it.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Carmaris » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:18 am

Ah, ok, didn't realize that it was originally slated for 1k per rank.

And it was definitely post-release...after the first day's reports on how it worked, I started hunting for it...was useless by the time I got it two days later.
Carmaris

Postby Hulkling » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:40 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities