[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Slay DPS Calculator (suggestion only)

Slay DPS Calculator (suggestion only)

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Slay DPS Calculator (suggestion only)

Postby Aegis » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:58 pm

Please pardon the following incoherent babble :twisted:
Here's a lil ditty that's been in the backburner of the mind a few months now.

I thought to myself, upon completing 2.0..."with regard to Undead DPS, Which is better...?"

Vish stick? - + 5 dmg (96/35 = 2.742:1 ratio)
or 2.0? - + 5 dmg aug (107/40 = 2.675:1 ratio)

I wondered if I'd get higher parses out of the harder-hitting weap (11dmg), or if the 5 delay difference would result in more swings/min~ ie: more slays/min. At 1st, I thought higher damage always > (lower dmg + faster delay) for slay DPS. However... I then considered: Fabled Tantor's Tusk - (100/60 = 1.666:1 ratio).

I used that thing for pretty slay /screenies pre-2.0... but there's no way I expected to get decent parses vs live or dead, due to the ungodly huge delay. There is no way with a 100/60 you'll parse anywhere near the Vish stick @ 96/35 (augged)-- vs live or undead.

With this in mind, it stands to reason that somewhere out there, there must be a tangible, parabolic(?) relationship between Dmg and Ratio, with regard to Slay DPS. It would be great if these comparitive charts could be hosted in cartesian-coordinate chart fashion, and could delineate 3 relationships of comparisons (per set of compared weapons):

Slay Undead DPS parse range(s) of weapons w/:
1. Superior Dmg vs Ratio
2. Near-equitible Dmg vs Ratio
3. Superior Ratio vs Dmg
(Because superior/inferior are subjective, a chart of this type would require a comparison of 2+ weapons at a time, to be useful in a valid fashion. With that in mind-- the comparison charts could be a palatable tool, created/linked from a larger, all-encompassing weapons chart (similar to the Zerker top 100), but include computed/speculative Slay DPS? )

I love the idea that a tool like this might someday be available online, that could list the varied high-end weapon options...
(ala - )

But also include:
1. a column for max/min slay
(ala - ?)
2. a speculative Slay DPS calculator
(similar to the previously listed site, but for calculated/estimated Slay DPS, given certain user-entered variables... FeroI-V, Slay AAs, Double Attack AAs, Haste, +Acc, +Dex, Buffs, etc. Some absolutes would need to be assumed; ie: mob level/AC/avoidance etc)
3. A Comparison Chart tool
(to juxtapose 2 weaps DPS side-by-side in X/Y chart format)

This would be an awesome tool if anyone with html skills were so inclined /nudge
If anyone has the time/skills required to build something like this, please hook us up! I am sure many pallies out there would love to see this stuff themselves. If I wasn't in the middle of moving, or I'd start one w/an excel base meself-- but if nothing comes to surface in the months to come.. expect a follow up to this, with a tangible product to play with :)
75th Paladin of Stromm
"I am teh Chosen Forg."
Aegis

Server: Stromm

Postby Saintsaens » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:00 pm

Moved to correct forum.
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 100 Holy Defender
Officer/Assistant RL, Sol Invictus, The Tribunal

Formerly
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 65 Paladin
Officer, Splintered Essence
Vulak`Aerr

Formerly
Lvl 52 Crusader
Archaic Arbitrators, Tallon Zek
Saintsaens

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:20 am

yeah right! I can't even balance my check book! Hook us up Aegis!
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Aegis » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:32 am

I can't believe I wrote this up and didn't read Galelor's post first HAHA!
Great minds think alike, so i hear...but if the opposite is also true, then its a shame for me being such a noob; it kinda drags down Gal by default :P

- btw- Gal, I'll gank your info once your calculator is done, and work it into an html product at some point, with user-inputs etc if you don't beat me to the punch /hint! :wink:
Aegis

Server: Stromm

Postby Galelor » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:32 am

My write up is basically complete. I only need to include the min/max forumals for bash, and for the min/max bash slay damage. I also need people to review my work!

I will not be taking on the projects you have proposed, but you are more than willing to use my post as a resource! I have to little time as it is, and i am trying to get a website up and running currently (for nothing related to eq.) I got all the info for slay intensity via http://giline.versus.jp/shiden/damage_e.htm .

If you need a hand, i might be able to give you a hand. You will need to be specific with your needs though, and you will also have to keep in mind that I am still teaching myself HTML lol.
Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:13 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main