[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Slay Undead!!!

Slay Undead!!!

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: Slay Undead!!!

Postby Hulkling » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Zann » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:31 pm

Can anyone help me with the Slay calculator regarding my Pally

I am currently 75, with Slay Undead 9. I usually use a which is currently 48 damage (53 once I hit 80th).
My max slay seems to be just over 8k atm, but I have seen people mentioning 20k slays in their signatures? Is 8k my max or will I eventually get near 20k slays with my current kit?

Many thanks for any info supplied. My Magelo is as follows:
Zann

Postby Brohg » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:12 am

Those other folks are using 100ish dmg raid 1h. You won't get 20k slays with a 53 dmg weapon ever.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:54 am

Even more so, I'll best at least a chunk of those folks are using the 7th year vet AA's for that kind of slay. I've seen a paladin slay with the 2.0 for 24k running that vet AA. I currently have my 2.5 augged with a +6 damage aug. I don't have the 7th year vet aa yet. My max slay is 18k.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:32 am

2.5 with +6 and +4? there's a type 4 +4 from Crystallos now.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:14 am

I get 20165 regularly with my 2hs, but that's with a 120 damage weapon and mammoth3 (and no 7th vet. aa).
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Write up update needed?

Postby Huurgh » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:43 am

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:10 am

Thought I would share.

Using
With

On a Bimba (Tier3 SoFF Event) Using 7th Vet, Benidiction Trigger I got this for my troubles

My jaw hit the floor and for the fight in total I did 4254 DPS

Regards
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:23 pm

that damage is impressive!!!! grats for that... just wanted to throw it out there that benediction didn't proc so look for higher damage in the near future. If you look closely at the damage, the first line with the crit (33710) is correct - the next line with 33713 is adding in a heroic stat. If benediction would have proc'd the damage would have exceeded 34k as most get at least 1k bonus dmg when using 2.0 with dmg augs.

irregardless (i know it isn't a word) that double slay makes sk's moist

haha grats
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:03 am

Yay for Slash susceptable mobs:

[Fri Jul 04 20:54:10 2008] Genadinee's holy blade cleanses her target!(32031)
[Fri Jul 04 20:54:10 2008] You slash Lorekeeper Bentolf for 46450 points of damage.
Genadinee

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Coupdvil » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:07 pm

Coupdvil

Postby Vaindolf » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:21 pm

150 FC giants downed, mmm spear and shammy buffs including champ/cougar evened out at 1900dps with all combined dps. atk around 2,6k.
Its our big hits thats screames for nerfs, thx all for posting them sending us to the doom. I know SKs keeping beoynd 1900 avarage dps with these buffs on everything, undeads or living.
Vaindolf

Postby Linc » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:16 pm

I echo Vaindorfs post.

Slay is for vanity and shouts out nerf me nerf me as it looks so damn dramatic but you can go long stretches with no damn thing at all and then suddenly hit a golden patch its so damn streaky and unpredictable.

You are also posting up big number by mashing Holyforge and 7th year vet a at the same time so firstly if you dont have 7yrs played on your account there is no way to hit them numbers and secondly even if you do have it you have ONE glorious MINUTE in-between FOUR HOURS of middle of the road dps.

Slay is old, other classes surpass us easily on undead and I do not mean the classic dps classes but even warriors on full burn parse over 2k with Solteris weapons, we need an upgrade desperately and we need it because undead dps was the only bastion that we had left.

Sometimes as a class we are damn stupid, we polish and shine our best side and just ignore any problems, address them head on and lets try to get some damn changes.

Linc
Linc

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:56 am

The only reason I have posted high Slays here is because its a Paladin board, I just had this small thought that some may say wow thats cool but whatever.

So same can be said for the I solo'd it thread OMG lets loose that too cos we can solo something bigger than an orc pawn.

Paladin Unity is a falacy some of you are so stuck up your own back ends you make me sick IT'S A BLOODY GAME not RL the way some go on its like the Sun is falling in.

btw this will be my last post here, good bye and good luck
Genadinee

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:20 am

Perhaps, but the devs aren't coming in here and deciding to nerf us over it. Hell, even other classes aren't pointing to our slay posts and screaming nerf. They are pointing to their twisted parses that are done in just the right way to make it seem like we are extremely overpowered, just like Frodlin did with WoT and its 50% damage mitigation.

I understand what you guys are saying, but I promise you there are posts in DPS classes boards that track the uber DPS some of them have pulled off, and the numbers are sick. No one is screaming nerf for their posts either. I MIGHT be more inclined to agree if this were on the "official" paladin boards on Sony's site, but here I doubt there are people using this as proof of anything.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Linc » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Linc

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:41 pm

yea, I hear ya, but people come to these boards to hopefully feel a little better in being in good company. I do feel good when I see a nice shiney new high crit. But I have serious doubts that the devs even read their own boards fully, so the idea that someone on the dev team cares enough to venture out and find this site just to read up on our thoughts is..... far fetched?

And this site will have a lot less trolls looking for a fight from other classes. I hear Frodlin left the game, but even when he was around and screaming about everything, I don't think he came here and used any info from this site or the palladinsofnorrath site we used to have.

Kinda like the "I soloed it" thread, its more about boosting our ego's a little, nothing wrong with that because I don't exactly have people lining up to tell me that the paladin class is awesome. The only class that gets made of more than pallys around me is rangers, and those are just recycled jokes for the last 7 years.

Plus I have faith that if anyone tried to use this in a legitimate arguement about how over powered our DPS is, they would be flooded with actual parses that show the exact opposite. Tons of people parse these days.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Huurgh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:33 am

Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Previous

Return to Spells & Abilities