[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Slays

Slays

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Slays

Postby Grolits Brewhammer » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:41 pm

There might be a post out there that I missed, but I am wondering what AA's, Abilities, Skills, Equipment, or whatnot that helps improve your Slay Frequency?

And on the flip side, is there anything that decreases your slay frequency?

and yes I know the slay lineup to Annihalate Undead improve with each step, but outside of that.
Grolits Brewhammer

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:47 pm

Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:59 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:34 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Dumathin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:17 pm

Holy Defender Dumathin Soulforge
Pak'Cafan
Tarew Marr
Dumathin

Postby Cellan » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:06 am

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Ghirador » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:15 pm

Ghirador <Final Empire>
Povar
Ghirador

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:23 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby Galelor » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:00 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:15 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby Khael » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:33 am

"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:05 am

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby Galelor » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:47 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby glenbois » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:15 am

I got a theory but it is only a theory and it goes like this:

chances of hitting a slay (making the numbers up now) is achieved if you pass a roll of a random e.g anything over 95 means the 0-100 random result only provides a slay if the result of the roll was 95+ however as each tick passes the 95 is reduced or the base roll is increased e.g the pass for a slay is now 75 so random 0-100 will provide a slay if the result of the roll is 75+ another tick goes by and the 75 is now reduced to 55 so random 0-100 will provide a slay if the result of the roll is 55+.

Now if the slay occurs the "pass number" is reset back to (in the above example) to 95.

The other part of my theory is to do with the slay undead and vanquish undead AAs - what I think happens (in my theory) is that the same random roll takes place 1 - 100 however with each AA the starting point of the number is increased e.g slay undead 3 AA increases the 1 100 roll to a 5 -100 roll vanquish undead AA increases the roll from 5-100 to 10-100 and anihilate undead from 10-100 to 15-100.

In my theory due to the pass number being reset to (in this case) 95 the chances of getting double treble quadruple slays e.g. one slay after another is highly unlikely.

What holyforge does is probably but I dont know is either increase the base again by say 10 but might instead reduce the pass number from 95 to 85 - I think it's the latter - so during the 5 minutes holyforge is up you will see more slays but no consistency in the number of slays.

With regards to fero and cleave etc... I have no idea how they work but I suspect when you count in all the AAs fero and cleave they all stack but the base random has a cap e.g. you cant when rolling a 1-100 increase the base number above (say) 30.

That's my theory and I think this mechanism is true of other things e.g. spell crits mellee crits weapon procs etc...

I came to the above theory to the many times where I have had attack on but been out of range and when the mob finally comes in range I get to see a slay in the first few hits consistently.

Now I am not one for proving my theory and how you would go about trying to prove it - I haven't the faintest perhaps root undead stay out of mellee range have attack on and parse the results compared to just not rooting the undead.

By increasing your haste overhaste etc... means that you have more rolls at getting a slay in a minute but as soon as you get a slay the pass number (95 in my example) is reset so you will over the longer run get more slays but it would be very difficult to work out how many more you would get.

Of course the random 1 - 100 maybe a lot more complex than what I have stated here and atk rating etc... might come into it too.

Well that's my theory of how slay undead works - someone can now come in and debunk it completely :)
Gamolron
Tide
Magelo : 785237
glenbois

Server: AB

Postby Wyvernwill » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:28 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:07 am

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:16 am

Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:32 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Orthanos » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:38 pm

Orthanos

Server: Saryrn

Postby Bruennor » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:06 pm

Bruennor

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:19 pm

If everything being said here is accurate, I think the explanation is that it is a matter of the order these events are checked, sort of like when parsing defensive abilities, and riposte, parry, dodge, block confounding results of each other. So for example, if when you swing, it first checks to see if you got a slay, and only if you don't it checks for a crit, then you'd expect that

a) getting slays would reduce crits
b) increasing crit rate would not lead to more slays
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:43 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:02 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Silmare » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:50 pm

Silmare

Postby Coupdvil » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:03 pm

Coupdvil

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:55 pm

Silmare's advice used to be sound; it was parsed and proven at some point that popping Holyforge was likely to turn some of your slays into crits/crippling blows, and would actually reduce your dps against undead.

These days, though I do not have parse data to back it up, I personally don't believe it to be true. I think when slays became disjoint from crits, this unfortunate relationship was fixed. I also don't think Holyforge makes a huge difference either way, and my (again unproven) assumption is that Holyforge is now equally effective against undead and live mobs.

Zsa
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:22 am

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Silmare » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Im not advising one way or another on HF. Was just asking has the thinking changed to where it has been parsed to be effective against undead again due to the changes in the way the slays work. It makes sense to me that it has possibly changed now as Zsa Zsa states. Just was wondering if any of the parsers have actually tested it. Was more looking for hard data on any change to its effectiveness vs. undead... if anyone has it.

We knew it increased DPS against live mobs. Prior to the changes, it decreased DPS against undead. Thats why we stopped using it against undead. Im guessing its changed, but wanted to know if anyone actually tested the theory.
Silmare

Postby Gordulek » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:29 pm

Look at the post right before yours for the test.
Wolfcaller Releasesthehounds - 85 Beastlord
Gordulek Aggrophobic - 76 Paladin
Stromm
Gordulek

Server: Stromm

Beastlord Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:47 am

Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Silmare » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:45 pm

Silmare

Postby Carmaris » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:44 pm

When I first came back (took a break from 03/04 - 01/06), I noticed that when I popped Holy Forge against undead that I would get an occassional slay for like 36 points...which was impressive, because I hadn't invested in any Slay AA at the time :P
Carmaris

Postby Silmare » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:04 pm

Silmare

Postby Cellan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:51 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Silmare » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:27 pm

Silmare

Postby Cellan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:40 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Ellia » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:49 pm

I've noticed a greater increase (though it's not proven) that if I say fight 2 hours of regular mobs then move to undead, for 30 mins or so I slay more often than if I fought 2.5 hours of undead. Just a theory mind you, i've not the time atm to really dwell into it.
I like women.
Ellia

Server: Veeshan <Luclin>

Postby Lode Rah'Xephon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:34 am

Proud Member of an Guild.
~Retired~
Lode Rah'Xephon

Server: Firiona Vie

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:33 pm

Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby emandes » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:47 am