[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Pre-expansion AA check

Pre-expansion AA check

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Pre-expansion AA check

Postby Occam » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:53 am

Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Anngelus » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:24 am

Anngelus

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:25 am

Once you have the basic aa's down (and the basic aa's is a pretty long list these days, LOL) I would save the 30. There's usually some AA in the new expansion that you will want more immediately than the pre-existing AA's you have been meaning to get around to but haven't done yet. Like last time around I immediately and joyfully spent some AAs on see invis, since that's been an irritation of mine for 7 years. (Yeah that's just a personal thing... I also got the EB AA not too long after that.... & I don't want to have to figure a slot for faerune into my gear choices.)

Depending on where you hunt and/or raid, the Divine Stun line might be worth getting first.... I love love loved it... but at the time I got DS we were doing Vex Thal (it was one of the ways to stop gaters there) and at the time I got CS I was hunting in RSS (It works very nicely to stop those damn gaters there too)
Valya Wanderfoot, PON Admin
70 Paladin (ret.), <a href=http://www.dark-bane.net>Dark Bane</a>
Mith Marr (Saryrn)
Valya Wanderfoot

Postby Ticka » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:48 am

Ticka

Server: Seventh Hammer

Postby Occam » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:10 am

Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Bakkan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:12 pm

I would recommend getting the celestial stun line including refresh timer reduction. Total cost is 30 AAs iirc. With all the timer reducing AAs its 9 seconds between casts. When I got it my thoughts were I would have a stun that works on level 73 mobs, yipee - after buying it though I have found it to be invaluable for positioning, pulling and of course interrupting 70+ mobs. The knockback isn't nearly as large as our standard knockbacks so when I'm tanking for a group it doesn't send the rogues and monks off the deep end.

Aside from that I can't think of any AAs you would really want before the expansion = I am sitting at 610 or so right now and fairly closely mimic what youve got.
Bakkan

Server: Povar

Postby Galelor » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:57 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:08 pm

Valya Wanderfoot

Postby Galelor » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:17 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:12 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Bagar » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:26 am

Who wants to make me a new sig pic?

Retired, but not gone :).
Bagar

Postby Samanna » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:07 am

Heh. Frodlin has only posted here once... and while (naturally) he didn't agree with what people were saying, he was very polite.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Khael » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:15 am

I've killed Vish like 8 times now with my guild and never found a need to use Purification. Between audiotriggers and DA I've only ever had to TL out once, and that time 2 spirits were stolen right in front of my nose ><

Anyway, point being I wouldn't prioritize it before the expansion. I'd certainly finish off some other stuff before getting Purification.

Likewise with the divine/celestial stun line. While it's "nice to have", it certainly isn't gamechanging. It can stop sub-73 mobs from CH'ing, but you'd have to invest a whole bunch of AA for that - not to mention that we're likely to get new stuns at 75 that would do that job just as well - so you'd have to invest even more to get the "new" celestial stun (up to 78 at a guess). It's not really a viable way to stop gaters; you can delay gaters, but ultimately, DPS is what stops 71-73 gaters.

My priority would be: all defensive stuff - all offensive stuff - save to 30 - bonus stuff (like the ones above, and only when you reach 30).
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:31 pm

ok...purification...1st its Extremely useful on Vish. me i always get put on the shadow's group no dmg offtanking them. and if u can use purification instead of a spirit..thats good cuz that leaves a spirit up for some other person to use. that and just hittin purification means 10 seconds not wasted finding one, and 10 seconds gettin back to ur area and re-engaing ur prior job. (give or take on time).

its also very useful on AMV in CoA. for my grp i usually do RC3 on the 1st one to save the grp a potion or spell. then the 2nd one a potion and have purification ready incase Mark of Death comes up again when pot's not down (easier than castin a spell).

if ur working sendaii...Purification is a Lifesaver more than u know. after wave 3 when its just her on the rampage. i hit my purification then and everything including the Curse of blood aa went away and Curse did NOT come back...glitch maybe?.../shrugs but it was a good one in our benefit.

oh and just as a note to soloers...i did a check in WoS SW caves..clearing everything but the named room and the side room (just the tunnels), i got 150% aa w/ lesson in like 10 min. at the end of lesson i ended w/ 3 aa and 27%. i went in fully raid buffed w/ clicky DS, and Champion on from guild hall. Cleave 5 and Fero 5 and 2.0 w/ the 4 fire dmg aug. if u have a shammy bot w/ champion sittin outside the cave...u might be able to go even faster having it refresh champ for u.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:50 pm

4 fire dmg aug is terrible. You'd be better off with a nice 200 dd proc from Dreadspire
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:32 pm

Valya Wanderfoot

Postby knytul » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:12 am

its not overpowered....just that it can help ur guild out alot w/ u curing urself and not having to use a cloud. i know when we do vish theres times when 2 ppz have the DT on them and not a cloud in sight.

The 4 fire dmg aug..if u think about it..Undead are weak against Fire...so that 4 fire dmg aug..on them is more like a 4 dmg aug. w/ it ive cleared 14.3k slays. id rather have it than a 200dd proc aug any day of the week. that and i swear nobody on Luclin ever groups in dreadspire. i cant even get my own guild to go group up there. its bein hell just gettin ppz to go to Theater of Blood.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Stephen51 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:49 am

Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby Ughbash » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:58 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:17 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kneesmasher » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:35 pm

Kneesmasher

Vishi

Postby emandes » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:33 am

emandes

Postby Khael » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:11 am

Not too smart to use Purification on Vish except as a last resort.Vish can only loose HP if people depop spirits. By using purification instead of a spirit, you're delaying Vish's death.
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:50 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Khael » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:36 am

We keep AE TL up on all players. If they can't find a spirit in the abundant time given (I've had the time to find three more than once when guildies have taken the first and second I spotted), they can just take the TL.

Granted, you should probably let a guildie take a spirit before you, and you should probably make sure noone else is running for that same spirit you're going for, and use DA/Purification if that's the case (and you're out of time), but using it off the bat ain't very smart. Offtanking drakes isn't an excuse, they're totally wuss.

Spirits can't respawn if they're not brought down asap.
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Bagar » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Bagar

Postby khrokhro » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:16 am

khrokhro

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:40 pm

Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Spells & Abilities