VoA raid weapons

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

VoA raid weapons

Postby Cellan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Is there a particular reason why knights get no 1handers or specialized 2handers at all until T3 this expansion. 2 tiers of no upgrades is kind of rough.
Cellan
the Insane

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: VoA raid weapons

Postby Wyvernwill » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:21 am

"Good" reasons? No. Just like there is no "good" reason why there isn't an EoA mask, and numerous other things.
Basically, the only reason I could see is "there wasn't enough room" due to a small amount of raids and they went with generic loot (Casters / Melee) for pretty much everything.

But then they went and put other specialized weapons on the tables anyway... which just leaves the whole situation as a wtf.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Imrahil » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Itemization seems a bit strange in many areas TBH.
Imrahil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 am

Cellan wrote:Is there a particular reason why knights get no 1handers or specialized 2handers at all until T3 this expansion. 2 tiers of no upgrades is kind of rough.

The way I see it T3 is the first real upgrade over HoT.

T1 VoA is similar to T3 HoT (slighly better but not as good as T4 HOT).
T2 VoA is similar to T4 HoT (Again SLIGHTLY better but not a fill Tier better).

As a monk I saw no reason to downgrade my hth with T1 weapons, and not sure if I would consider the T2 weapon an upgrade over Malegs (from T4 HoT).

Basically the way I see an expansion (and it was the same last expansion too), there are two tiers of upgrades over previous expansion. The other two tiers are "Catch up" Tiers.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash
Ferocious Vie

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Hard to "catch up" if nothing drops that you can use, isn't it?
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Wyvernwill wrote:Hard to "catch up" if nothing drops that you can use, isn't it?

I won't disagree with you there.

I was just saying that weapons of that "tier" drop (just in HoT).

My persnal opinion is ESPECIALLY if they want people to forget HoT and just do new content that Knights SHOULD have had a 1 handed option and a 2 handed option for each tier.

Monks/Beastlords should have had 2 hth for each level.

Int Casters should have had 1 handed and 2 handed options at each level (there is no int caster 2 hander in T2).

So they did a crappy job of making it for "Catch up", though there are options of that "tier/power level" in HoT.

I CAN see their point though that with only 1 T1 raid, and only 2 T2 raids it is hard to put EVERYTHING in.
Ughbash
Ferocious Vie

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:56 am

While I do agree that Tier1 having a knight weapon drop is unnecessary since that's usually the tier that drops generic everything, the fact that we have no knight weapons at all dropping until T3 (not even 2handers) really makes no sense especially when i am seeing the monk/bst equivalents in those tiers. The loot tables aren't supposed to assume you have been lucky in the prior expansion or have it completely farmed out.
Cellan
the Insane

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:28 pm

Cellan wrote:While I do agree that Tier1 having a knight weapon drop is unnecessary since that's usually the tier that drops generic everything, the fact that we have no knight weapons at all dropping until T3 (not even 2handers) really makes no sense especially when i am seeing the monk/bst equivalents in those tiers. The loot tables aren't supposed to assume you have been lucky in the prior expansion or have it completely farmed out.

Well atleast both T3 2H and 1H drop on the easy T3 raid.
boukk

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Cellan wrote:While I do agree that Tier1 having a knight weapon drop is unnecessary since that's usually the tier that drops generic everything, the fact that we have no knight weapons at all dropping until T3 (not even 2handers) really makes no sense especially when i am seeing the monk/bst equivalents in those tiers. The loot tables aren't supposed to assume you have been lucky in the prior expansion or have it completely farmed out.

Yes, mnk/beast do drop in there however it is dual wield weapons and only one drops per tier not two.

Still half of what you need is better then none of what you need.
Ughbash
Ferocious Vie

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:38 pm

boukk wrote:

Well atleast both T3 2H and 1H drop on the easy T3 raid.

Given, and the fact that the first 2 tiers aren't terribly difficult I do take some consolation in that. But I still think crappy itemization is uncalled for.

Ughbash wrote:Yes, mnk/beast do drop in there however it is dual wield weapons and only one drops per tier not two.

Still half of what you need is better then none of what you need.

That's fully weaponed out in the new expansion prior to reaching tier3. I would be happy with just 1 version of a knight weapon (either a 1h or a 2h) dropping in an early tier. But I admit I am being a little stubborn for the sake principle .... or maybe vanity.
Cellan
the Insane

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot