[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Aug ranking

Aug ranking

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Aug ranking

Postby Grants » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:23 am

Hi all, I returned to EQ a few weeks ago and just dinged 90. So I've started looking at what new augs i should get from UF and HoT. But with all the heroic stats it's become harder to see what augs are actually the best ones atm. I've made a excel file that will let me rank augs using different values on AC etc, but not really 100% sure what values to choose atm.

Note: The values in this file assumes that you have capped your Avoid, Shielding, etc.

What values do you guys use?

Version 1.1:
- Added some colours to the augs to make it easier to see if they are reward from quests/anniversary/raid or MM's
- Added Emblems
- Added Cultural armor for plate classes
Attachments
Augmentation list 1.1.xlsx.zip
(27.82 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
Last edited by Grants on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grants

Server: Antonius-Bayle

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Aug ranking

Postby frocus » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:03 am

Hagi/Hdex > AC > HP/Hsta > other heroics/mods unless your under cap in Shielding, avoidance etc in which case i put avoid/shielding between Hagi/Hdex and AC.
frocus

Postby Grants » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:35 am

Yea, I understand that far. And I understand that there isnt any "exact" values on how much 1 point in HDex actually is worth.. But you guys prolly use some sort of value on each of the stat. And thats what I wanna know, then use the excel sheet i've posted here and see what augs I should actually go after.
Grants

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:27 pm

it depends how close I am to a 25 point cutoff on Hagi/Hdex or the time of day for me i compare the augs and look at the whole picture I figure what I give up what I gain and what the aug makes me feel like when i swap it in so no set values for any of it except 1 ac = approx 20 hp or so hp.
frocus

Postby frocus » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:32 pm

If you look in the hot emblem post someone a stat ranking from steel warriors.
frocus

Postby Grants » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:02 am

No idea if anyone is actually using the excel file, but uploaded the new version.

Version 1.1:
- Added some colours to the augs to make it easier to see if they are reward from quests/anniversary/raid or MM's
- Added Emblems
- Added Cultural armor for plate classes

Holler if you find any errors or want anything added to the list.
Grants

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:22 am

Our stats got inflated so much in last few expansions, I don't try to min max anymore. For augs I just go for whatever that got heroic dex and agi on it, alone with some ac of course.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby zorgothx » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:46 pm

So is anybody using Essence of Fright (0 AC, 170 HP, +7 hDex)? I don't know if I can bring myself to use an aug that doesn't have AC...

-Palawiki of Test
zorgothx

Server: Rockford, IL

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:48 pm

boukk

Postby shiftie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:16 am

if and only if it pushes you over a 25 cluster and even then I'd see if I could make that boost through tribute first.

a 25+ cluster according to riou gives you +0.8 riposte and +0.8% parry so you gain 1.6% mitigation for a cluster of 25 which could potentially overcome the ac loss.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Hammerdahl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Wait, noob question, I get HAgi, but why is Hdex>AC? I thought Dex only affected dps, does it affect mitigation too?
Hammerdahl

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:28 pm

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot