Symbol of the Planesmaster rarity

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: Symbol of the Planesmaster rarity

Postby Normy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:48 pm

Hrm, hadn't factored in the regen, yea he did used to have a high one. Of course after the rise to 90 that doesn't seem like it's going to be as big of an issue for CoA-era mobs.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:27 pm

iirc, you have to sustain something over like 2.5-3.5k (something in this range dont remember exact # offhand) to pass his dps and be able to kill him
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Normy wrote:
I still struggle to understand how it was beat solo. This mob still has a surprisingly decent amount of HP for the expansion it's in. And the silence effect was still able to hit me with some regularity, which I imagine would prevent some clicks as well. Those are the times where death was a real possibility (silenced and about to DPS spike.) On top of that, OMM started regenning rather quickly after we got ported out, like we ran straight back up there and by the time I got there, he was at 40, up from the 20 we had him at when he ported us.

Easy, proc mc, win ;p
boukk

Postby Brohg » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:04 am

The regen is reset mechanism. Means someone clicked the wall into his room and didn't then immediately agro OMM. He starts jumping 20% at a tick. Someone in the group you describe as "we" very nearly 1-900-MixALot you over completely right there, because if he gets to 100 the script is reset completely re: adds/dts/port/etc.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:25 am

Ahh, well, 20/20 hindsight. Most of the group I was with had never done the event, ironically the one that made this mistake was one of them that was there for our server-first kill of OMM a few years back.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Previous

Return to Equipment & Loot